I made the call!

Tabetha

DIS Veteran
I'm a chickenbutt. I've been holding off on calling DFTW (even though I really wanted to) because we're over a year out.

Well, no more! I called today and chatted with a very nice fellow who took all my information. I'll be called back by Friday. Hooray!

I figure it can't hurt to get us pencilled in, and start talking

I went for a site visit/informational meeting when our date was still 18 months away (man, it feels like just yesterday!)...they pencil you in and can even do a budgest estimate to get the ball rolling...you'll be amazed how time will fly, now I am only 3 1/2 months away!:scared1:

Good for you!!! I'm glad that you got over your Canuck politeness and "bothered" them! :laughing:

Doesn't if feel better now that you called them? It's like a huge relief lifted off your shoulders eh?

I made our call about march time for our sep 2008 wedding, I have today emailed them all my detaisl as the 12 month mark is 4 weeks tomorrow!!

So is the "Official Line" on Escape weddings 1 year as well? You read in one place a year, another place 6 months...I just don't want to miss the earliest opportunity to book my Escape VR on the date I want.

Congrats on making the call. Happy planning!

So is the "Official Line" on Escape weddings 1 year as well? You read in one place a year, another place 6 months...I just don't want to miss the earliest opportunity to book my Escape VR on the date I want.

We didn't get into that, but my understanding is that Escape Wedding officially book their venue at 8 months. I just thought I'd get the ball rolling and gather what info I could now, so I am able to make an informed decision in a few months time.

Also, I may well be working on a cruise ship at my 8 month mark, so may not have easy access to a telephone on my "booking day", so I want to get the nitty gritty on that, too.

I made my call about two weeks ago on a tuesday I was told I would be called back in 3 days but never called until the next monday which is fine. Kristi Davis called me and was so helpful I'm about a year and 3 weeks out so since I will be moving to Fl in october we are going to look at our new place at the end of this month and meet with Kristi to look at two different locations and to get a contract together asap.\

We are only doing the meeting for the location because we are so picky we dont want a ballroom. So she suggested the atlantic dance hall but its only buffett or food stations and we wanted a plated dinner.

I know everything will work out so i'm not worried and I know disney has such good food so i'm not worried about a buffett at this point :cheer2:

Most people are coming down from NJ so we wanted to get things done asap to ensure most can make it.

Yay for you!! The first phone call is the most exciting!! :banana:

We didn't get into that, but my understanding is that Escape Wedding officially book their venue at 8 months. I just thought I'd get the ball rolling and gather what info I could now, so I am able to make an informed decision in a few months time.

Also, I may well be working on a cruise ship at my 8 month mark, so may not have easy access to a telephone on my "booking day", so I want to get the nitty gritty on that, too.

Thanks Tabetha:hug: I'm just dying to get this set! :rolleyes1 I am not very patient when it comes to this subject. I want to do it NOW! :rotfl2: I believe I know what I want...with Escape weddings you don't have too many choices, but I'm ok with that. I want the plain ceremony at SBP (The latest one time wise) 2 characters, then it's off to Epcot for our dessert party. Actually that morning I want the MK Photo shoot. I'm a simple girl, it's easy to please me.:dance3:

I haven't found an email address to ask questions, is there an all access one or do you have to call to get one?

Thanks again Tabetha....I know we're having fun planning.

The guy I talked to gave me all the same kind of info you can get on the Wishbook.
Brie called me the next day to talk about details, but I haven't had a moment to call her back during their business hours (darn work!) to talk to her. I imagine once you're assigned to a salesperson, they'd give you an email address...

Is Monday a holiday in the States? It's a holiday here in Canada, so I was hoping to be able to call then...

I'm really glad I found this thread - I'm still 2 years away from the date I want (we want an Escape Wedding at SRT at 5pm, not fussed on the day of the week, though).

Congrats on making the first call - I know I will be so excited when I can make mine :cheer2:

When I called, I was really surprised at how much info I was given - even at the 23 month mark! Heidi is who I have been in contact with and today, I met her at Franck's- she is wonderful and I have many of my questions answered- and she's getting back to me with ones she needed to look into. We also scouted a few locations. I've gotta update my PJ!

I really appreciate how much time and attention our event is being given- even at this early of a stage. It's going to take us two years to pay for this and the earlier I know and can plan accordingly- the better.

It never hurts to make a phone call and see what info you can be given!

We're saving hard but it will make it easier for the family members coming to have as much notice as possible re booking time off work etc. I might wait til Christmas and make the call in January - I can make it my birthday treat lol!

I wonder if anyone will meet with me when we are down this Thanksgiving...I'll be just a few days away from the 1 year mark? That would be cool.:goodvibes :cool1: :yay:

Congrats on making the phone call:banana: , I remember that day well, it's where all the stress begins...just kidding;)
This is where all the fun begins, I'm still doing all my planning and I'm 11 days from leaving:rotfl: I can't wait to read your Planning Journal, got any thoughts on it yet?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter