• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I made my donation to Give Kids the World Did You?

maiyasmom

Mouseketeer
I just made my $10.00 donation. Did you? I've also asked all my family and friends to do the same. What a great cause! We must reach the $1,000,000 goal and hopefully exceed it! Donate people! :)

Sure did!!!! We made a donation in my uncle Jim's name, he passed away from cancer and Disney was his favorite place in the world!!!! Let do this and make dreams come true!!!!!

I both donated through the text number as well as sent in a check today. Even if I cannot gaurantee 100% that I can find ten people who will actually donate, I can do that myself and then convince as many people as I can :) Plus I like to find one charity to donate to every school term. It is never much, but it makes me feel good that I can do something.

I made a txt contribution this morning. I'm going to send an e-mail to my 10 today. I'm glad Pete talked about it again on the podcast because it did slip my mind. I hope he does continue to remind people every podcast. A million dollars isn't out of reach and we will get there.

I don't know what kind of results it will get, but I posted on my company's employee "for sale" list this morning. I hope at least a few people are inspired to donate.

We made our donation a few weeks ago, and have been posting on Facebook to encourage others to donate.

Is there any way to keep track of how much we've raised so far?

Each year we hold a Disney meet in the Indianapolis area. Several DISers and Disney enthusiasts come from all over to attend a day of Disney fun, food and entertainment.

We had a great turnout last year. Through silent auctions, raffles, T-Shirt sales, and miscellaneous donations we were able to raise $1,400 for Give Kids the World. We are very hopeful to get a similar turnout for this years meet and we can surpass last years amount.

I recently received a letter of thanks and gratitude from the President of Give Kids the World, Pamela Landwirth. Here is the letter.

35bd953f.jpg

I have a question.

Can I send a money order or does it have to be a check? (dont want to do the phone text thingy)

I'm sure they will accept a money order. I am so happy that so many are donating for this great cause! Even my 9 year old daughter donated! Let's keep it going!

We made our donation a few weeks ago, and have been posting on Facebook to encourage others to donate.

Is there any way to keep track of how much we've raised so far?

You can go to the First Giving page to see the total. Obviously the money donated on First Giving shows up immediately, but when GKTW starts receiving checks and text donation payments, they will update Dave and he will update the First Giving page to show the totals :)

Also, if sending a check/money order, make sure to note on the check that it is for the Power of Ten :)

Can someone please share something they've written on their FB page asking their friends to donate? Just looking for something "short & to the point"; maybe with a link so my friends can read more about the organization.

Thanks!:thumbsup2

Can someone please share something they've written on their FB page asking their friends to donate? Just looking for something "short & to the point"; maybe with a link so my friends can read more about the organization.

Thanks!:thumbsup2
Here is what I use, but it is not very well written. Maybe it can give you a starting point:

Please help me donate money to Give Kids the World, an Orlando Charity that hosts Make-A-Wish terminally ill children on vacations to Disney World and the surrounding area. You can donate $10 by texting DISGKTW to 50555. Please let me know if you can donate!
For more info on GKTW, go to http://www.powerof10.us/

My birthday is this month. When my family asked what I wanted I told them to get their cell phones out and donate.Let see I still have Father's Day and a Wedding anniversary, this will work out good. My wife has a matching grant at her work so we'll mail in a check. This way the gift will double.
John

I wanted to just thank all of you who are donating to Give Kids the World. We were a Make a Wish family last year and although we didn't stay at GKTW, we did visit there for a day during our Disney trip and they coordinated all of our passes. My son was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma in 2009 and our family was generously blessed with a dream trip to Disney in February 2010. At the time of our trip he had endured two life threatening surgeries and two rounds of chemotherapy. His tumor is considered stable and he now has an excellent prognosis! Many think that only children who are dying are gifted trips. Sadly, this is true for many, but there are also many children who receive wish trips that have faced life threatening illnesses and survived. I felt so grateful the entire week that our trip could be a celebration of the completion of his treatment.

Thank you for caring so much to do something so wonderful for children who deserve a little Disney magic:)

God bless you all-

ps. We leave for Disney again in 10 days (not a wish trip)! We are celebrating two years since his diagnosis...two years of life!

I wanted to just thank all of you who are donating to Give Kids the World. We were a Make a Wish family last year and although we didn't stay at GKTW, we did visit there for a day during our Disney trip and they coordinated all of our passes.

Just remember that you and your family are welcome back anytime at the Give Kids The World Village.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter