• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"I"m Only Going Because My Teacher Told Me To" Nov. 2016 PTR * update 12/2 TRIP REPORT STARTED! *

I cracked up at Air Jumbo! We live close to Six Flags over Texas and used to get season passes every year. Then we went to WDW for the first time as a family and our opinion of SF dropped drastically. When we went back to SF we pretty much just walked around with stink faces the whole time. But I get the appeal for a thrill seeker. We still go back every once in a while, as it holds nostalgic value for us, but haven't bought a season pass since.

I know what you mean about the old wooden coasters. I actually love them, despite feeling like I've been beaten with a bag of rocks after getting off.

Really sweet selfie, though I did have to laugh at the hair comment. Gotta love it!

Some Baseball Guy's House, Con't

Okay, here's this Flower guys' house if anyone is interested: Tyler Flowers use to play for the Chicago White Sox. We are HUGE Sox fans, and seeing his house is VERY cool.

And a couple shots of their kitchen/living area:

Those are my peeps in the pictures so it's cool :thumbsup2 Although I'm not too sure Mr. Flowers would like his name and pictures of his new house all over these boards, but I'm taking my chances in the interest of good reporting.

I did stop taking pictures because I felt a little bad, plus to be honest I wasn't hugely impressed with the house. Oh it's bigger than mine, way bigger, but for a professional athlete I expected.......MORE. My sister's friend did say he's only played for the Braves for a year, so maybe they'll be Movin' on Up in another couple years.

I almost forgot! My sister's friend gave her a bunch of her daughter's clothes to put on Ebay, and Trevor found something he'd been dying to model for me. So before we left for the BBQ he put it on and very enthusiastically showed it to me:

A MINNIE SKIRT!! Actually it's a Minnie dress in like a size 2/3, so he can't get it all the way on and settled for the skirt look. I was thrilled he so badly wanted to model this for me!

Michael and I left early on the 5th to head back to NY and so far he and my boys have been having lots of fun swimming and catching up. Next week mine are in basketball camp again and Mike is doing a Lacrosse camp; then we have another week with him before my mom drives him back to Ga. If you came this far, thank you for reading about my short non-Disney vacation! Now back to our regularly scheduled PTR.........
that I don't have much to update on. However, I am anxiously awaiting the release of the Dooney and Bourke magic bands later this month and I think I decided which one I'm getting. I can't find a good picture of it so this is the best I can do

There are 4 MB's; 3 are white and one is gray. I know at least 3 of them are based on old purse prints and I'm fairly certain all 4 are. At first I was going to order some covers which I still may do for the guys, but I definitely want this D&B one!

Now that I have the rest of the summer to do nothing like everyone else who has kids, I'm going to get to work on our daily plans. Thanks again for putting up with me veering off course!

Besides riding my beloved TOT, our goal here is to see the SW fireworks again. Well, not so much again since the ones we saw in January were different and now it's the newer show. We both thought the ones in January were pretty close to the best Disney fireworks display we've seen, and that's coming from 2 non-SW fans!

This is exactly Luke and I! We both thought the Star Wars fireworks that we saw in January were one of the best fireworks shows we'd ever seen, but neither one of us are fans of the franchise! (I've actually never watched a single Star Wars movie in its entirety...). It's nice to know we're not alone.

That looks like a decent Six Flags park! I love the pictures you have of the animals! I laughed at your comments about your son no longer living in your house because of his Disney comments, too funny!

You go on your adults only trip so soon! I can't wait to read all about it!

I cracked up at Air Jumbo! We live close to Six Flags over Texas and used to get season passes every year. Then we went to WDW for the first time as a family and our opinion of SF dropped drastically. When we went back to SF we pretty much just walked around with stink faces the whole time. But I get the appeal for a thrill seeker. We still go back every once in a while, as it holds nostalgic value for us, but haven't bought a season pass since.

I know what you mean about the old wooden coasters. I actually love them, despite feeling like I've been beaten with a bag of rocks after getting off.

Really sweet selfie, though I did have to laugh at the hair comment. Gotta love it!
I have friends that live very close to that 6 Flags we went to and they have season passes; they go like once every other week. They love it, and as I said we had a good time but I just can't see going that many times in a season. While we did go on some rides more than once, there weren't rides I'd want to go on 4, 5, 6+ times like Disney rides :cloud9: But yes, for teens it's a good fit if they're into the thrill rides. He even told his friends that were over today that he likes 6 Flags better than Disney; he's lucky his friends were here lol!!

Chris is at a sleepover tonight and I forgot to pack his hairbrush; don't think he's going to care :rolleyes:

This is exactly Luke and I! We both thought the Star Wars fireworks that we saw in January were one of the best fireworks shows we'd ever seen, but neither one of us are fans of the franchise! (I've actually never watched a single Star Wars movie in its entirety...). It's nice to know we're not alone.

That looks like a decent Six Flags park! I love the pictures you have of the animals! I laughed at your comments about your son no longer living in your house because of his Disney comments, too funny!

You go on your adults only trip so soon! I can't wait to read all about it!
And I am glad to know Steve and I aren't alone! Not sure if I wrote this earlier in my report, but I've never watched a SW movie, either :duck:I started the first one a couple times but couldn't get very far. I know who the main characters are that have been around since the beginning but the new ones - no idea.

Yes, we leave in like 5 weeks! DME tags came today :thumbsup2 I'll definitely do a little mini TR when I'm back!

I'm thinking that every amusement park everywhere must have an elephant ride! LOL There's one at Dollywood in Pigeon Forge, TN. And also one at this little place called Lake Winnie outside of Chattanooga. None can compare, of course :).

I'm thinking that every amusement park everywhere must have an elephant ride! LOL There's one at Dollywood in Pigeon Forge, TN. And also one at this little place called Lake Winnie outside of Chattanooga. None can compare, of course :).
We've even seen an elephant ride at some local carnivals/fairs that come through the area, but none have had a name. That's why I found "Air Jumbo" so funny, because you know they purposely rhymed it lol!!

You Can't Always Get What You Want

And in this case I'm not getting a Dooney and Bourke Magicband :sad: I swore when I first heard about them I read that they would be available on the Shop Disney Parks App, but apparently they're only selling them at Market Place Co-op in DS. They went on sale last Saturday the 23rd and people were scooping them up; and, since only 1500 of each design are being made, I highly doubt any will be left when we get down there - in
30 days yay!!!!! But yeah, no. There's the one I really want, two I'd take, and one I wouldn't pay $48 for because I don't like the pattern. So, I guess I'll have to settle for my D&B bags lol!

In other news we've decided NOT to do the SW dessert party. I know I know, it does sound really good. I agree there are a lot of "pros" to it. The desserts look awesome, prime viewing space, SW meet and greets and of course, adult beverages. However as I've said we just aren't SW fans. At all.

I'M SORRY!!!

I've read some reviews that say even the reserved viewing area isn't the best, but really our lack of love for SW is the reason we're skipping it. We watched the show last week when they livestreamed it on the Disney Parks Blog and.........we weren't impressed. We LOVED the old show, the fireworks that it involved. The new one seems to be 80% projections and 20% fireworks which doesn't interest us as much. We may still try catching it on our last night, or we may decide to wait until November with the boys.

Finally, I think we may try a new place on our arrival night next month:

I'm not sure why we've never eaten here before? We've never eaten anywhere at the Swan or Dolphin, and never even walked inside either of them until last November. I had it in the back of my head that maybe we'd do Citricos again on arrival night but decided to check out a few menus today. We love Italian and have been to all the Italian restaurants except Portabello's and Il Mulinos and the menu looks awesome. I'm not making a reservation because we still want to see what we feel like, and we're interested in the dinner menu at the Wave, too. I like the idea of not knowing exactly where we'll go.

That's it for now! Chris is doing his last week of camp and Ricky has one more to go next week. Then we have a pretty laid back August with the exception of our trip :cheer2: Everyone enjoy your weekend!

So sorry on the D&B band! That stinks. I have been hearing a bit more negative both about the SW party and the new show. Not enough to dissuade me, as we are big SW fans, but I have been hearing. I wish they had kept the old fireworks show. It truly was amazing!

Yay to trying something new!

Enjoy the rest of your summer. This is the last weekend of my summer break. I am doing a Mom's Night Out Saturday, to see the movie Bad Moms and have dinner with some work girlfriends. Should be a nice way to end the summer!

I'm sorry about your band! And I totally get where you're coming from on not doing the SW Dessert Party. We are big Star Wars fans and I'm considering not really trying to hard to see the show next summer. I definitely wouldn't pay dessert party prices just to get a decent view. However, we have plunked down the money for the Wishes Dessert Party on 3 consecutive trips at this point, so to each his/her own.

I love your idea about keeping some space and freedom for yourself as far as your arrival night dinner reservations go. We only had one experience of dining at a TS restaurant without having a previous reservation this last trip, but it was great just walking over when we decided we were hungry and it fit our schedule.

We've even seen an elephant ride at some local carnivals/fairs that come through the area, but none have had a name. That's why I found "Air Jumbo" so funny, because you know they purposely rhymed it lol!!

Oh, that's true. Not sure I've seen one with a name! :dumbo:

The Co Op Market Place in Disney Springs had every single Dooney bag available in July when we were there. Instead of the MB, pick up another purse :yay:

I have been hearing a bit more negative both about the SW party and the new show. Not enough to dissuade me, as we are big SW fans, but I have been hearing. I wish they had kept the old fireworks show. It truly was amazing!
I think for you guys and other SW fans it'd definitely still be worth doing the party, but I do wish they'd kept the old fireworks show.

Enjoy the rest of your summer. This is the last weekend of my summer break. I am doing a Mom's Night Out Saturday, to see the movie Bad Moms and have dinner with some work girlfriends. Should be a nice way to end the summer!
I read in another TR we both follow that you go back to work next week! It's so strange to me since my boys still have over a month lol. All my teacher friends go back on Aug. 30th :) Of course once I remembered my nephews in Ga. are going back on the 8th it clicked for me :p

And I totally get where you're coming from on not doing the SW Dessert Party. We are big Star Wars fans and I'm considering not really trying to hard to see the show next summer. I definitely wouldn't pay dessert party prices just to get a decent view. However, we have plunked down the money for the Wishes Dessert Party on 3 consecutive trips at this point, so to each his/her own.
LOL, well I understand doing the Wishes Dessert Party since Wishes is MUCH better than the new SW show seems plus the price is lower! No alcohol there though, which may be one reason why. And you have plenty of time to read more reviews of the SW show and decide if its something you want to do

I love your idea about keeping some space and freedom for yourself as far as your arrival night dinner reservations go. We only had one experience of dining at a TS restaurant without having a previous reservation this last trip, but it was great just walking over when we decided we were hungry and it fit our schedule.
We did the same last November once; but it was at ESPN and they weren't taking reservations then. Our day got switched around to a point and we ended up deciding last minute to eat there for lunch; luckily it wasn't crowded so we didn't wait, but it was nice that day just deciding on the fly. Of course it's easier with fewer people - i.e. without small kids - and at less busier times of the year. There's so much you CAN'T do on the fly down there these days, it's nice when you can attempt to do something last minute. Well, last minute with an idea in the back of your head lol!

The Co Op Market Place in Disney Springs had every single Dooney bag available in July when we were there. Instead of the MB, pick up another purse :yay:
In case you didn't see above, I did get my MB :banana: However, that doesn't mean I can't possibly get another purse, too!

I think for you guys and other SW fans it'd definitely still be worth doing the party, but I do wish they'd kept the old fireworks show.
At this point, yes, I still have it on the plan but I am going to watch with interest any new developments!

I read in another TR we both follow that you go back to work next week! It's so strange to me since my boys still have over a month lol. All my teacher friends go back on Aug. 30th :) Of course once I remembered my nephews in Ga. are going back on the 8th it clicked for me :p
Yes, for some reason we are Aug-May where so many other places are Sept-June. I actually don't mind too much bc that's why WDW in early June isn't quite as busy as July!

Glad to hear you got your dooney magic bands. Our regular non disney varietal ones shipped yesterday. We're getting so close!!!!!!

Of course you also just spurred me to look at the Il Mulino menu. It sounds great, not sure why it hasn't been on my radar. We've never done Swan or Dolphin much either, except for a visit to Bluezoo before Casey was even born. Can't wait to hear what you think if you try it

Yes, for some reason we are Aug-May where so many other places are Sept-June. I actually don't mind too much bc that's why WDW in early June isn't quite as busy as July!
I think there are more states that are Aug-May than there are Sept-June! I never realized that until I started spending so much time on the boards here lol, but I think there's something like 5 or 6 states, NY being one of them, that normally don't start until Labor Day or right before.
I like it, but June does seem like a good time to go to Disney. In fact after reading about the lower attendance the end of June/beginning of July this year, Steve mentioned possibly going as soon as the boys are out of school next year....... :D

Glad to hear you got your dooney magic bands. Our regular non disney varietal ones shipped yesterday. We're getting so close!!!!!!

Of course you also just spurred me to look at the Il Mulino menu. It sounds great, not sure why it hasn't been on my radar. We've never done Swan or Dolphin much either, except for a visit to Bluezoo before Casey was even born. Can't wait to hear what you think if you try it
We're at 27 days today so I know you're even less :cheer2:

I actually thought of you as I was checking out the Il Mulino menu, wondering why I'd never read a review of that or any of the other Swan/Dolphin restaurants from you! I'll definitely let you know what we think if we go :thumbsup2

Yay! I am so glad you were able to get your Dooney MB!!!
You made me look at the menu at Il Mulino and it does sound really good, I may have to check it out!

Yay! I am so glad you were able to get your Dooney MB!!!
You made me look at the menu at Il Mulino and it does sound really good, I may have to check it out!
You'll have lots of time to check out tons of new things starting NOW!! Although I'm sure the DCP will keep you really busy. I'm going to jump over to your PTR but want to say here too, safe travels today to Orlando, best of luck with the program and I hope we can meet up in a few weeks :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter