Saturday Night Fever

Sex Pistols

Smokey and the Bandit

Clacker toys

The Great Grape ape

Cheech and Chong

Underalls

Animal House

I have been watching it with my kids and showing them my life from the 70s growing up. 6yodd was ROTFL as they showed "Land Of The Lost". Back then ooooh, scary.

DH is totally addicted to this just like he was with I Love the 80s and now there're advertising another I love the 80s and he's really excited about that too.

Captain Caveman, Josie and the Pussycats, Scooby Doo
Three's Company, All in the Family, Battle of the Network Stars
The Bicentennial, Women's liberation
Muhammad Ali, Reggie Jackson
Led Zepplin, The Who, The Commodores, Bee Gees, KISS
Big Wheels, Stretch Armstrong, Baby Alive
Debbie Does Dallas, Deep Throat (what was America thinking?)

I think I've seen all of the hours at least twice since "I Love the 70's" started last Monday. I still haven't seen 1979, but I've heard it from the next room while I've been online. I was a mere child, but it is amazing how much many of the events and pop culture has influence my life. Or, how much of the 70's is being repeated in the present!

Weebles wobble but they don't fall down:D

Oscar Meijer has a way with B-O-L-O-G-N-A....

I had Baby Alive! It was soooo gross! It ate and peed! Ugh , what an awful doll! I must have been 7 or 8 or so.

I think I was turned off to having a baby right then and there! LOL

Baby Alive did more then pee. And if you didn't get that food out of their tummy they would get maggots. Yuck. And my cousin loved this doll.

Originally posted by goofygirl
I had Baby Alive! It was soooo gross! It ate and peed! Ugh , what an awful doll! I must have been 7 or 8 or so.

I think I was turned off to having a baby right then and there! LOL

here we go again...

My high school and college careers were in the 70s so I'm so enjoying VH1's show! I went roller skating all the time, I disco danced (even won a contest!!:D ) and ate Tootsie Roll pops in college classes in honor of Kojak. I loved Smokey and the Bandit!!

My kids now think I'm so super geeky since I told them I went roller skating every Friday and Saturday night. It is where I had my first kiss, first slow dance/skate Lol.
Do you remember skating to We Will Rock You while everybody clapped there hands?

I am loving this show! The running commentary from the "stars" is a hoot!

Baby Alive did more then pee. And if you didn't get that food out of their tummy they would get maggots. Yuck. And my cousin loved this doll.

It was eventually taken off the market, for "unsafe" reasons!

Also, kids were eating the powdery "baby food" too!

I love nostalgia. So - yes, I'm enjoying the show. Saw 1979 last night. That was the year I graduated from high school. Stairway to Heaven was our class song. :D

I actually went to see The Exorcist - - AT THE DRIVE IN!
:( I'm still scared from that experience.:(

In the early 70's my reading material of choice was The Archies Comics. What?! At least I was reading something!:p

I have been obsessed with this show! It's an absolute riot. I also really loved the 80's series because I'm kind of on the cusp age wise for both decades.

Don't you think they should bring back Battle of the Network Stars? I loved that show when it was on. At least I can still get my fill of Fantasy Island on TV Land! :teeth:

Don't you think they should bring back Battle of the Network Stars?

They DID have a new "Battle" just recently! It was about 2 weeks ago. Not as good as the 70's though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter