I love fp+ and magic bands!!!!!!!!!!!

I love going to Disney, as evidenced by my three current TRs I have going from my 2013 trips. But I don't wear rose-colored glasses when it comes to Disney. And I'm certainly not going to let the self-appointed message board police tell me what I can and cannot comment on.

::yes::

I agree. This seems to be more of a trend on this forum as of lately, and it's really sad.

I agree, especially since I think they are scaring many that have upcoming trips planned and even causing some to cancel trips or change hotels.

It is not the end of the world, many wonderful vacations were had before Fastpass and even after Fastpass, many had wonderful trips and never pulled a single Fastpass, mainly because they were always gone.

I like the new program because I think it will more evenly distribute the passes to more instead of a few. I have no problem doing the main attractions once, especially if that allows someone to ride it that might not have before.

On our most recent trip, we pulled our 3 Fastpass+ and nothing more and had a great time. We often went to another park early and rode without a Fastpass and then went to the park where we had our 3 booked.

I agree, especially since I think they are scaring many that have upcoming trips planned and even causing some to cancel trips or change hotels.

It is not the end of the world, many wonderful vacations were had before Fastpass and even after Fastpass, many had wonderful trips and never pulled a single Fastpass, mainly because they were always gone.

I like the new program because I think it will more evenly distribute the passes to more instead of a few. I have no problem doing the main attractions once, especially if that allows someone to ride it that might not have before.

On our most recent trip, we pulled our 3 Fastpass+ and nothing more and had a great time. We often went to another park early and rode without a Fastpass and then went to the park where we had our 3 booked.

I think it's sad that people (myself included) feel this way, but should we just stop posting because we don't like it?:confused:

So then after xmas you won't be....going/again ;)/QUOTE]

After the disappointing trip in September, if I'd not already paid for the airfare I would of cancelled xmas trip, but I have cancelled, our march trip. will rent out our points next year and see what happens if things stay the same then I will sell. also we are not getting AP'S for this year. am I happy with doing this no WDW has been the happiest place for my wife for years now, we don't go anywhere else except DCL, but AP'S go up and yet we get less value.

This is my main problem with the negativity. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and venting is healthy, but I got very stressed out prior to my vacation and for me the DIS went from an invaluable resource to eliminate stress to a source of stress.

Planning a DW vacation is stressful enough without all the doom and gloom, I just wish people would limit their venting to the threads with the venting / unhappy with / question about titles and leave the positive experience threads alone for those of us trying to avoid the negativity.

Thanks for posting this. I wish all the haters would find a 'non-Disney' fan site to share their misery at. Those that fit the hater scene and insist they are fans and post 20-30 negative snide comments a day are kidding themselves or have some weird issues. Those that hang out on this board all day long and gripe, moan about Disney really have had a negative impact on wdwmagic and the DIS. It got way past opinions long ago. Hate it, get to the point where you realize you hate it and find something you enjoy. Google that topic and hang out there. Surprised that owners of these sites aren't showing any disdain yet. To those that profit from these sites, 80% of your hosted posts saying Disney sucks was probably not what you envisioned when you registered the domains. You may want to include references on your home page that in reality, this is no longer a Disney fan site. If 50%+ of all posts are anti-Disney, then your brand is backward.

This is a forum a about Disney. All discussions, positive or negative, are welcome.

I just started ignoring the FP+ I HATE IT AND SO SHOULD YOU DISNEY KICKED MY DOG AND MADE MY KIDS CRY I CAN'T RIDE SPACE MOUNTAIN 500 TIMES threads, but it's getting harder and harder when every other thread is that. And yes, I know I commented on a thread about it right now. I will reserve my judgement for when we get there.

Now our planning is complete and we have less then 2 months to go :-)cool1:), I can pretty much ignore this board completely save a few questions in the run up.

I've really appreciated the information here. When attacks become personal, I skip it. I would much rather not be sideswiped by something I didn't know about before I go.

I just started ignoring the FP+ I HATE IT AND SO SHOULD YOU DISNEY KICKED MY DOG AND MADE MY KIDS CRY I CAN'T RIDE SPACE MOUNTAIN 500 TIMES threads, but it's getting harder and harder when every other thread is that. And yes, I know I commented on a thread about it right now. I will reserve my judgement for when we get there.

Now our planning is complete and we have less then 2 months to go :-)cool1:), I can pretty much ignore this board completely save a few questions in the run up.

So I guess I should be happy I don't have a dog?

Exaggerate much?

I don't know a single person with a neck strong enough to ride Space Mountain 500 times.

And as an aside, it is amazing to me that some of the same people that will stand in a line for 90 minutes to see a Frozen character will balk at the idea of having to stand in an SB line that is over 20 minutes...I guess the irony is lost on them

There's a big difference waiting in line for something when there is no alternative vs. being forced to wait in the standby line for something you used to easily be able to grab a FP for.

And as an aside, it is amazing to me that some of the same people that will stand in a line for 90 minutes to see a Frozen character will balk at the idea of having to stand in an SB line that is over 20 minutes...I guess the irony is lost on them

If there was an alternative to that 90 minute character line, I would have been all over it. And if there had been alternative to that 90 minute wait and Disney had just changed policy to take away my chance to use that shorter line, I would be less than happy.

I don't get why you miss that someone would rather wait in one 90 minute line than two. It doesn't seem that complicated.

I'd complain about you posting the same things over and over on various threads, but since it appears you are posting under an alias, I cannot do that. Perhaps that irony is lost on you.

I think it's sad that people (myself included) feel this way, but should we just stop posting because we don't like it?:confused:

I think it has gone from venting to just being the same argument over and over and over. Basically all anyone can do that is not happy about the changes is write Disney, learn to adjust to the changes or stop going. There truly are not other choices.

Also I just think some need to let it go for awhile, it just goes on and on and on, and nothing is set in stone right now involving any of it, it is a continuing process of adjustment.

Sammie said:
I think it has gone from venting to just being the same argument over and over and over. Basically all anyone can do that is not happy about the changes is write Disney, learn to adjust to the changes or stop going. There truly are not other choices.

Also I just think some need to let it go for awhile, it just goes on and on and on, and nothing is set in stone right now involving any of it, it is a continuing process of adjustment.

So then your answer is yes.

What I did was get a FP+ to the attraction I wanted most from the list where you could only pick one and head over to the other when I got to the park to get another regular one. I loved FP+ however, I did notice the FP lines were much longer than normal, has anyone else noticed that. Toy Story's FP line was as long as the stand by line one day and I think they actually closed the stand by line until the FP line went down.

We skipped TSM all together today. By 9:30am the standby line was 70 mins and paper FP returns were between 4:30 and 5:30pm. I used FP+ for out night visit to MK size I could only choose one park. In the 11 trips since TSM opened, I've never seen that happen before.

Does every thread have to turn into a "if you don't hate fp+ then there is something wrong with you" thread? We used the MyMagic+ system last week and there were more positives than negatives for us. It was great to be able to schedule fp+'s for times we wanted instead of pulling fp- for times we didn't want. And that is what will make the new fp+ so attractive for a lot of people, imo.

I agree. Just back and FP+ worked better than I expected it to. We got to ride Soarin' 3 times this trip. :thumbsup2 And we loved the Magic Bands!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2
Nancy princess:

I don't post that often, but as you can see from my signature I am the furthest thing from a Disney hater, it was the one vacation a year I truly couldn't wait for. That said, I just want people to know its not just the repeat posters who dislike the new system. Count me in the group of people that consider FPP, its rollout and subsequent changes e.g. tiering a complete and utter disaster. For the first time in years we are not going to Disney, and not because some on this board made me discouraged, I'm a WDW veteran and this flat out does not work for us. For those who love it, great, continue to enjoy. For me and I suspect others, there are plenty of other wonderful places in the world to vacation at.

I don't post that often, but as you can see from my signature I am the furthest thing from a Disney hater, it was the one vacation a year I truly couldn't wait for. That said, I just want people to know its not just the repeat posters who dislike the new system. Count me in the group of people that consider FPP, its rollout and subsequent changes e.g. tiering a complete and utter disaster. For the first time in years we are not going to Disney, and not because some on this board made me discouraged, I'm a WDW veteran and this flat out does not work for us. For those who love it, great, continue to enjoy. For me and I suspect others, there are plenty of other wonderful places in the world to vacation at.

Like Hawaii! Awesome.

Same here. Every other year we get PAP and take 4-5 trips that year. We will take a package with dining during the off year.

Without the ability to get a FP- I will have to drastically change my touring plans. We always ride the headliners multiple times a day and now I am down to one FP+ a day/ headliner per day? Getting less for the same money is not good.

I also had to move my hotel from my favorite hotel, the Dolphin with an Epcot fireworks view, to a Boardwalk Villa studio standard view for the same price. Why? Dolphin does not get 60 days out. Another getting less for the same money.

I really am trying to find the positive in all this but I made my 180 Dining reservations. What is going to happen when the only TSM FP+ on my HS day conflicts with my HBD Fantasmic! Dinner package or with Fantasmic itself? I don't want to eat Dinner at 3:30 because those times are so limited.

More planning and stress for less.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter