• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love fp+ and magic bands!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm pretty confident that the level of benefits anyone derives from FP+ right now are the most they will ever see.

Like a PP pointed out, I also liked being able to schedule FP+ in the evening for one park while going to another in the morning and taking my chances at RD. I knew that my small number of preferences at the other parks were secure. And that was for reservations I made BEFORE tiering.

Our typical afternoon at EP or HS was always like this:

TT, Soarin, Mission Space

TSM, ToT, RRnR

That actually worked very well for us. But guess what? That is no longer possible now that tiering is in place.

Once this is rolled out to 100% of the guest population, the slices of pie will be much smaller. Ride capacity is limited in much the same way tables are at the TS's. It's a zero-sum game.

Sure, I'd always like to get a TS reservation at Chef Mickey's on a Friday evening.... but I know from practical experience the odds of that happening most times of the year are slim to none unless I make that reservation 180+ days in advance. Or constantly keep checking every day for an opening.

Luckily, WDW began securing dining reservations with a CC as a means to address hoarding. I'm not sure how they might choose to address possible hoarding with FP+, if at all.

Hell, I'd love for it to work. Who wouldn't want shorter lines at their favorite place to visit? It's just that when you run the numbers, the numbers don't lie.

I'm pretty confident that the level of benefits anyone derives from FP+ right now are the most they will ever see.

Hell, I'd love for it to work. Who wouldn't want shorter lines at their favorite place to visit? It's just that when you run the numbers, the numbers don't lie.

I think you raise a REALLY important point.

None of us FP+ "haters" actually want this to be bad. Well, maybe there are one or two that will take glee in WDW failure, but the vast majority of us don't like FP+ because we see the negative consequences of it, currently and once its fully rolled out.

If we wanted WDW to "fail" or do something "wrong" we would be loving FP+ and encouraging WDW to roll it out faster. The reality is that most of us love WDW and the reason we don't like FP+ is because we see the negative implications of it, and don't want WDW to do anything which will degrade the value or the enjoyment of our, and others vacations.

We aren't trying to suggest that people aren't enjoying themselves, we are pointing out that the FP+ system, on balance, detracts from your vacation possibilities.

There have been a couple posts here that people haven't even bothered to disagree with. There was one poster who noted, they go in high season, and their family doesn't like to get up early, they go in the afternoon and evening. They never get to pull FPs because they are always gone, and they recognized that, when FP+ is fully rolled out, it might be difficult for them to schedule FP+ in the afternoon/eve because they will likely be gone first. But, since they were never able to really use FP-, even if they can book a couple FP+ in the afternoon evening, its better than the old system for their family.

Great, can't really disagree with that logic. Of course, they also recognized that they aren't a normal family, and that for most people, it probably wont work out as well as FP-.

You can claim that we try to turn every post negative, but really READ the OP's post. They don't like ANYTHING about FP+, nothing. They like MB's and that's cool. I mean am I wrong ? Point out something they said they liked about FP+ ? Just one thing.

So yes, when someone makes a thread saying they Love FP+, and then highlight they don't, in fact they dislike its major features, yea, we are probably going to point that out.

OK, Looney....instead of joining the board to blast someone, why don't you take the time to explain to us your take on this MM+ situation. Bless us with your knowledge. If you can put down the cheese, that is. ;)

looneyric said:
Just joined here but I have to tell you, you're constant whining is nauseating. I've gone through three pounds of cheese with your whine. I have to figure iut how to block you and a couple others. Move on or move out. Walk the walk and stop talking the talk.

Have you tried taking pepto bismol before logging in?

As for the cheese, was it Swiss?

Stop talking the talk? Ummmm.....ok, I give up.

hey, we are DVC members and think this will be our last trip, and this is from our experience in September, so after xmas trip will most likely be selling.
So then after xmas you won't be....going/again ;)

Well, I can only speak for myself, but I get it. I just don't care about the same things you do. Your posts all have the attitude that the way you see things is the way everyone else should. The part that you aren't getting is that I (and others) vacation differently than you do. MBs and FP+ fit our family perfectly. They don't fit yours. That doesn't mean that one of us is right and one is wrong, just that we are different. That's life.

You can complain all you want, but what good is it doing? The systems are what they are. It is up to you whether you want to work with them or not. We have already made our choice and are looking forward to our trip in two weeks. I hope that you can find some peace with the new system so you can continue to enjoy WDW.

Good Post!

I guess I will chime in on why I love it right now. I am an AP holder. Even though you can only make 3 FP+ (sure I would love for it to be unlimited but hey 3 is fine for now) you can still double/triple dip with the old FP- system. Yes when this goes away I will probably go to the "I hate FP+ group" but until that happens this is the best of both worlds.

Here is what we do. We schedule FP+ for the most popular rides for the afternoon or early evening. We sleep in and when we arrive at the parks we use the FP- for some of the lesser rides. Do we get to ride Space Mountain 10 times? Nope. But for us once or twice a day is fine. Being able to schedule a FP for Soarin or TSM for the afternoon or early evening and not have to be at the park for RD in order to secure a FP- for these rides, is great.

As far as the MB's, it was very convenient to have them to enter the parks, open the door to your room, and to charge purchases. Of course we were fortunate as our MB's worked flawlessly.

I am in the camp of loving FP+ with the ability to double/triple dip with FP-.

Bill

I guess I will chime in on why I love it right now. I am an AP holder. Even though you can only make 3 FP+ (sure I would love for it to be unlimited but hey 3 is fine for now) you can still double/triple dip with the old FP- system. Yes when this goes away I will probably go to the "I hate FP+ group" but until that happens this is the best of both worlds.

Here is what we do. We schedule FP+ for the most popular rides for the afternoon or early evening. We sleep in and when we arrive at the parks we use the FP- for some of the lesser rides. Do we get to ride Space Mountain 10 times? Nope. But for us once or twice a day is fine. Being able to schedule a FP for Soarin or TSM for the afternoon or early evening and not have to be at the park for RD in order to secure a FP- for these rides, is great.

As far as the MB's, it was very convenient to have them to enter the parks, open the door to your room, and to charge purchases. Of course we were fortunate as our MB's worked flawlessly.

I am in the camp of loving FP+ with the ability to double/triple dip with FP-.

Bill

I understand your post. :thumbsup2. But there is one more condition that goes with it, as long as I can double and triple dip and off site guests are excluded from scheduling FP in advance. Because excluding half the population allows for flexible in booking in advance.

These two things go hand in hand. When one goes, the other will follow.

Just joined here but I have to tell you, you're constant whining is nauseating. I've gone through three pounds of cheese with your whine. I have to figure iut how to block you and a couple others. Move on or move out. Walk the walk and stop talking the talk.

Thanks for posting this. I wish all the haters would find a 'non-Disney' fan site to share their misery at. Those that fit the hater scene and insist they are fans and post 20-30 negative snide comments a day are kidding themselves or have some weird issues. Those that hang out on this board all day long and gripe, moan about Disney really have had a negative impact on wdwmagic and the DIS. It got way past opinions long ago. Hate it, get to the point where you realize you hate it and find something you enjoy. Google that topic and hang out there.

Surprised that owners of these sites aren't showing any disdain yet. To those that profit from these sites, 80% of your hosted posts saying Disney sucks was probably not what you envisioned when you registered the domains. You may want to include references on your home page that in reality, this is no longer a Disney fan site. If 50%+ of all posts are anti-Disney, then your brand is backward.

There are websites and blogs that give you nothing but the glowingly positive. They are by-and-large and not uncoincidentally owned and operated by Disney.

I am for the most part a huge Disney fan, but I reserve the right to share my opinions, both good and bad, here.

mesaboy2 said:
There are websites and blogs that give you nothing but the glowingly positive. They are by-and-large and not uncoincidentally owned and operated by Disney.

I am for the most part a huge Disney fan, but I reserve the right to share my opinions, both good and bad, here.

Yeah, I just tend to ignore and not respond to people who have the bad manners to criticize how people post. This IS a Disney board, Disney IS making changes, so naturally those changes are going to be "the" topic of the moment. I'm sure, down the road, we'll be talking about something different.
:)

It just gets old seeing the same 6-7 members complaining over and over. There's not a need to go to every single thread to make your negative view known. :confused3

Yeah, I just tend to ignore and not respond to people who have the bad manners to criticize how people post. This IS a Disney board, Disney IS making changes, so naturally those changes are going to be "the" topic of the moment. I'm sure, down the road, we'll be talking about something different. :)

I certainly look forward to that day.

Thanks for posting this. I wish all the haters would find a 'non-Disney' fan site to share their misery at. Those that fit the hater scene and insist they are fans and post 20-30 negative snide comments a day are kidding themselves or have some weird issues. Those that hang out on this board all day long and gripe, moan about Disney really have had a negative impact on wdwmagic and the DIS. It got way past opinions long ago. Hate it, get to the point where you realize you hate it and find something you enjoy. Google that topic and hang out there. Surprised that owners of these sites aren't showing any disdain yet. To those that profit from these sites, 80% of your hosted posts saying Disney sucks was probably not what you envisioned when you registered the domains. You may want to include references on your home page that in reality, this is no longer a Disney fan site. If 50%+ of all posts are anti-Disney, then your brand is backward.

There's an incredible amount of positivity on the disboards. Have you checked out the trip reports forum or the Disney cruse line forum? There seem to be only a couple of forums that have any negativity at all and in my opinion just realism. I put the negativity at far below 1%.

I can think of a couple of trip reports that cancel out the negativity altogether.

If you want to avoid certain topics it's pretty easy to do as I'm sure you already know.

TheBacklot said:
It just gets old seeing the same 6-7 members complaining over and over. There's not a need to go to every single thread to make your negative view known. :confused3

I love going to Disney, as evidenced by my three current TRs I have going from my 2013 trips. But I don't wear rose-colored glasses when it comes to Disney. And I'm certainly not going to let the self-appointed message board police tell me what I can and cannot comment on.

6-7? Make a list, you might be surprised how many different people contribute this rather important topic. It is in the 100's.

Thanks for posting this. I wish all the haters would find a 'non-Disney' fan site to share their misery at. Those that fit the hater scene and insist they are fans and post 20-30 negative snide comments a day are kidding themselves or have some weird issues. Those that hang out on this board all day long and gripe, moan about Disney really have had a negative impact on wdwmagic and the DIS. It got way past opinions long ago. Hate it, get to the point where you realize you hate it and find something you enjoy. Google that topic and hang out there.

Surprised that owners of these sites aren't showing any disdain yet. To those that profit from these sites, 80% of your hosted posts saying Disney sucks was probably not what you envisioned when you registered the domains. You may want to include references on your home page that in reality, this is no longer a Disney fan site. If 50%+ of all posts are anti-Disney, then your brand is backward.

I generally just ignore posts like this, but let me tell you something:

I would bet good money, I have forgotten more about WDW than you will ever know. I have spent more time and money at the place than you have ever spent. The happiest times of my life have been there.

I have more passion for WDW than just about anything else in my life. Anything that someone is passionate about is going to bring out both the positive feelings they have, and the negative. Unfortunately, right now, the negatives (for me) far outweigh the positives. What I am doing is contributing, both with honest replies, and at times, with humorous replies, because that is my personality. It isn't people like me that bring this site down. It's people like you, with their holier than thou attitude and the belief that if someone does not share your positive opinions, they don't belong here.

I am not a Mod or a Webmaster. I wouldn't have the sheer audacity to tell people how to post, whether I agree with them or not. That's not what a message board is. It is up to them to decide what stays and what goes. There is plenty of stuff on here that I don't agree with. I'll either respond with my personal feelings, or ignore it. It's called being an adult. May I suggest you do the same, or maybe YOU should find somewhere else to place your soapbox.

Then ignore it. Seriously, how difficult is that?

And it's not 6 or 7. When it comes to this subject, it's dozens, if not more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter