I love fp+ and magic bands!!!!!!!!!!!

River Country

15hours49Minutes away without traffic
Hi everyone i just got back from a 9 day AWESOME WDW vacation with my DW and DD(7). Just to start off a thread for those of us that love the Magic Bands and FP+ system..

1. I am a Premium Annual Passholder
2. I am a DVC member
3. This trip was a split stay 1 night at ASM and 7 nights at SSR My home resort

So let me say that i am not one of those people that fall in love with everything that Disney does but i am a bit of a superfan and yes even thouh i love this system it DEFINATely has issues. Here is what i loved

1. Able to plan, change and manage my FP+ while still being able to get FP- which i know is going away but hey it worked as of now.
2. not having to fumble through turnstyles or pockets to find passes
3. linking a credit card to the band didnt need a wallet just some :rotfl:cash
4. linking my Photo Pass was awsome didnt have to worry about losing a card
5. having it open my hotel room door
6. the fact that my DD (7) knew more about it than me LOL

Things i didn't like
1. Not being able to park hop FP+ ressies
2. Only being limited to 3
3. Now they are tiered which just stinks. i.e. you could not FP+ Test Track and Soarin on the same day

Other than that i think this is great and cant wait to go back home

Peace and Love Peace and Love

Things i didn't like
3. Now they are tiered which just stinks. i.e. you could not FP+ Test Track and Soarin on the same day

So basically you didn't like FP+ ?

The Magic Bands are cool, but not ground breaking. FP+ Is a good concept, but the lack of park hopping really gripes me.

Seriously I was about to scroll down and type the exact same thing until I saw your post.

So the OP likes MBs which I agree sound great,

But does now like FP+.

Good to know.

They're a DVC member. They have to say they like everything about Disney, even if they don't like it. Otherwise, their dues go up more.

Hi everyone i just got back from a 9 day AWESOME WDW vacation with my DW and DD(7). Just to start off a thread for those of us that love the Magic Bands and FP+ system..

1. I am a Premium Annual Passholder
2. I am a DVC member
3. This trip was a split stay 1 night at ASM and 7 nights at SSR My home resort

So let me say that i am not one of those people that fall in love with everything that Disney does but i am a bit of a superfan and yes even thouh i love this system it DEFINATely has issues. Here is what i loved

1. Able to plan, change and manage my FP+ while still being able to get FP- which i know is going away but hey it worked as of now.
2. not having to fumble through turnstyles or pockets to find passes
3. linking a credit card to the band didnt need a wallet just some :rotfl:cash
4. linking my Photo Pass was awsome didnt have to worry about losing a card
5. having it open my hotel room door
6. the fact that my DD (7) knew more about it than me LOL

Things i didn't like

You do know the part about you loving FP makes no sense with what you write later?

They're a DVC member. They have to say they like everything about Disney, even if they don't like it. Otherwise, their dues go up more.

hey, we are DVC members and think this will be our last trip, and this is from our experience in September, so after xmas trip will most likely be selling.

Does every thread have to turn into a "if you don't hate fp+ then there is something wrong with you" thread? We used the MyMagic+ system last week and there were more positives than negatives for us. It was great to be able to schedule fp+'s for times we wanted instead of pulling fp- for times we didn't want. And that is what will make the new fp+ so attractive for a lot of people, imo.

Does every thread have to turn into a "if you don't hate fp+ then there is something wrong with you" thread? We used the MyMagic+ system last week and there were more positives than negatives for us. It was great to be able to schedule fp+'s for times we wanted instead of pulling fp- for times we didn't want. And that is what will make the new fp+ so attractive for a lot of people, imo.

Well, this one is a bit different. They said they loved it, then went on to express the exact reasons why most people hate it.

We know some people will like it. People that have no desire to do an attraction more than once and people that don't care about doing everything at the parks.

No kidding. Well, they do say misery loves company,lol.

I was able to fast pass Fast Track & Soarin on the same day, we were there in Nov.

But I love the magic bands & fp+ too. We didnt use the hopper option though.

I was able to fast pass Fast Track & Soarin on the same day, we were there in Nov.

But I love the magic bands & fp+ too. We didnt use the hopper option though.

Did you FP+ both of them, or just a paper FP for one of them?

I just returned on Wednesday. My experience was that I really liked the concept of tapping my band on a little Mickey and seeing it turn green instead of handing in a paper fastpass. The concept is kind of cool.

What I did not like is the stress of having to remember my scheduled times and make sure we got there at the right time. I also don't like how strictly they enforce the return times, given how easy it can be to be late to things. I was late to one FP, partly because I had the wrong time in my head (thought the end of my window was the start :sad2:), but mostly because it took an hour to get there on the bus. With FP-, that wouldn't have happened, because I wouldn't have even pulled the FP until I was in the park. I dislike having FP reservation before I even arrive in the park, because so much can happen before I even get there...sick kid, oversleep, slow bus, forget the time, etc.

Maybe I am just scatterbrained, but with 2 ADR's on most days and 3 FP, I thought my head would explode by day 6. I like making FP reservations when I need them, because they are easier to manage.

ETA: The exception to this is TSMM. We arrived at DHS at 10:00 am, and all regular FP's were gone, so without FP+, we would not have gone on that attraction, so I am thankful for that. I would like to see Disney allow one FP+ per park, but then still let you pull 2-3 more legacy FP while there.

I just returned on Wednesday. My experience was that I really liked the concept of tapping my band on a little Mickey and seeing it turn green instead of handing in a paper fastpass. The concept is kind of cool. What I did not like is the stress of having to remember my scheduled times and make sure we got there at the right time. I also don't like how strictly they enforce the return times, given how easy it can be to be late to things. I was late to one FP, partly because I had the wrong time in my head (thought the end of my window was the start :sad2:), but mostly because it took an hour to get there on the bus. With FP-, that wouldn't have happened, because I wouldn't have even pulled the FP until I was in the park. I dislike having FP reservation before I even arrive in the park, because so much can happen before I even get there...sick kid, oversleep, slow bus, forget the time, etc. Maybe I am just scatterbrained, but with 2 ADR's on most days and 3 FP, I thought my head would explode by day 6.

We kept up with out times on the MDE iPhone app. I could see where that could be an issue if you don't use the app (for instance, my parents don't have smart phones).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter