I Love Disboards, but....

Brownie54

Mouseketeer
Has anyone else found the boards to be slow and wonky more so lately? It's getting to be not so fun anymore. I'd gladly contribute to a "Go Fund Me" if Disboards need to upgrade things. How do others feel?

Has anyone else found the boards to be slow and wonky more so lately? It's getting to be not so fun anymore. I'd gladly contribute to a "Go Fund Me" if Disboards need to upgrade things. How do others feel?

They do maintenance every day for around 60-90 minutes, usually around 9am UK time.......but I'm not sure what it is they do.

Mine is ok right now, but it is annoying when it's wonky.......love that word!

I should add I never use the app.......just on iPad.

Last edited:
Yes, it has been annoying with the app always going to the bottom of the page for the trivago ad.

Using android the app is complete bunk (at least it was the last time I used it). I use it only on my tablet and laptop now (browser based, not the app) and haven't had any issues. It does go to the bottom of the page when I click on my alerts, but going from just page to page, or viewing a new post I am not finding that problem. Using alerts I always thought it dropped to the bottom because it was viewing the most recent post.

Working fine for me,

Fwiw there is no *app*. Not anymore.

What we use on iPad and phones is just the site, which is now optimized for mobile devices.

Yes it's been jumping down but that's no biggie to me. Today's from now it'll do something else.

Last edited:
Working fine for me,

Friends there is no *app*. Not anymore.

What we use on iPad and phones is just the site, which is now optimized for mobile devices.

Yes it's been jumping down but that's no biggie to me. Today's from now it'll do something else.
Shows how long it's been since I've used it, although an app is still available for download in the app store. I prefer using my browser, less quirks. The dropping to the bottom doesn't bother me either.

Been having issues with flash forever on this site (using Chrome on various version of windows). Typically if you have two threads open or another site that also uses flash plugin

In the last few days the area where you post have become very unresponsive randomly and its as if it is loading and unloading something over and over again.

Thanks everyone for your replies. Makes me think I need to investigate my computer and settings.

Been having issues with flash forever on this site (using Chrome on various version of windows). Typically if you have two threads open or another site that also uses flash plugin

In the last few days the area where you post have become very unresponsive randomly and its as if it is loading and unloading something over and over again.

Thanks for this. I normally use Chrome, but will try something else(MS Edge?). My Norton Antivirus did a big update recently and maybe that has something to do with it. I've tried to stay "techy" but seem to be falling farther behind with each year.

I'm glad you brought that up. Lately. the "back" button doesn't work right. I have to hit the button repeatedly to get it to go back to the original screen. It's like it sticks or something. Otherwise, it has been okay. I use a laptop too. I thought I was the only one.
Another site, WDWMagic, is also wonky and slow. It is horrible to try to get back to the original thread. I usually have to go back to the home page and go throughall of it again. Other sites work just fine and are quick. So, it must be these 2 sites.

We should also make sure we have the latest updates. I'm not on my computer bc I killed it. Coffee and laptops don't mix well. My iPhone is behind in OS and the work iPad I'm borrowing from dh is behind as well. Could be causing my small issues.

Thanks everyone for your replies. Makes me think I need to investigate my computer and settings.

Thanks for this. I normally use Chrome, but will try something else(MS Edge?). My Norton Antivirus did a big update recently and maybe that has something to do with it. I've tried to stay "techy" but seem to be falling farther behind with each year.

I'm using Chrome with no issues.

I read something about this issue a few days ago
Let me go find it and read again what someone did to correct it

Don't know if they said to clear the cookies

Signed on today using MicroSoft's Edge with no problems. This is an easy fix for me if it continues to work. I'll still use Chrome for everything else. We'll see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter