I love DCL but...

These pictures are the only proof I have of my existence on the cruise!!!
I guess that is what I get for being the family's photographer!

I really don't mind the pictures during dinner especially since there is no obligation to purchase!

They are no different than on Carnival. They came by every night at dinner as well. Also, on the Lido deck around the pool. We enjoy having the pictures taken of our whole family. It is the only time I get my husband on the other side of the camera. ;)

Its been a few years since our last Disney Cruise but I recently took a Alaska cruise on Princess with my Sis-in-law....moms week away :thumbsup2.
They had photographers at most dinners...the night they had crew dressed as pirates outside the restaurants was the worst. They were the most ragged bunch of pirates I have ever seen and you couldn't leave the dinning room without stopping for a picture with them, we watched several families try to get around them and fail, so we just smiled and laughed at the pictures later. Other nights they just came around the tables....one night for group shots and another for individual head shots.
Otherwise they had a number of staged areas for pictures each night and then at each port they had a place to stop on your way off the ship for pictures.
I think if we had the kids with us we would have been more interested in the pictures.
I don't know if Disney still has those boxes you can put pictures you don't want into, but Princess had nothing like that....so the pictures we didn't want just stayed out all week, taking up space.

Sutters is coming to the tables now!:scared:

Maybe out of the romote chance of me being able to review the pictures from my stateroom with something like photopass I might not mind, but there is no way I am going to hunt through 1000 pictures looking for me eating dinner.

I also wish that they would use Photopass. We spent a big chunk of precious time on our 3-day cruise finding and going through pictures, especially the last night when EVERYONE was there!:scared1: It was impossible for everyone to check out at the ONE register with maybe 2 CM's working! It would have been very easy for people to just take their pictures and go. I guess they rely on the honesty of their guests. I found the pictures before dinner and then had to come back before the show to pick them. I was completing a prepaid package and brought them to the CM to verify but that was only because I chose to do so. No one would have known if I just walked out.:confused3 If they continue without Photopass they need a bigger facility with more check-outs!

It doesn't bother us at all to stop eating and pose for a minute and we usually end up buying quite a few of the photos on each trip. You can always say "no, thank you" if you are not interested.

We usually had one photo for each dinner last summer. I never saw a photographer while at CC....and it's funny but I never gave it a thought while we were there. We found seats way over to the far side of the family beach, and there weren't any photographers anywhere near there! We have no shots of us in CC, not one.

Last year we only had 2 dinners where photographers came and that was not a big deal. I don't think we saw any at Palo's either. On CC I was hesitant to have a picture taken in my bathing suit, vain woman that I am. But DD was having so much fun and the pictures were some of my favorite, the faimly so happy and relaxed we ended up getting them. I don't see my physical imperfections when I look at those I see the joy on our face and want to go back right away. ;)

These pictures are the only proof I have of my existence on the cruise!!!
I guess that is what I get for being the family's photographer!

I really don't mind the pictures during dinner especially since there is no obligation to purchase!

Well put! :thumbsup2

If you really wanted a pic of yourselves at dinner...is it possible to just ask your server to take one with your own camera?
Are they against this?
Just curious...Im a huge scrapbooker too, and I would love to have pics of us at every dinner, but I just don't know if I can afford to pay for Shutters pics...

Though this will be our first cruise and I want to remember every moment of it, I think the only dinner situation I would want a photo taken would be at Palo. This may seem somewhat odd since it would be the one meal most would probably want uninterupted, but it would be the most special, I would hope. Other than Palo, I'll be one of those saying "no thank you", quite possibly with a mouthful of food.

If you really wanted a pic of yourselves at dinner...is it possible to just ask your server to take one with your own camera?
Are they against this?
Just curious...Im a huge scrapbooker too, and I would love to have pics of us at every dinner, but I just don't know if I can afford to pay for Shutters pics...

I am sure that the server would be happy to oblige. We had our pictures taken WITH the servers by someone at the next table. That's another option as well.

Are they against this? scapbooker too, and I would love to have pics of us at every dinner, but I just don't know if I can afford to pay for Shutters pics...

Sure, just ask your waiter or your tablemates (or anyone else standing around). I am an avid scrapbooker and we never had a problem getting someone to take a picture of us. I did a page on each restaurant, because each is unique. BTW, I didn't buy any of the professional pictures - I took around 1000 photos on our 4 night cruise and I have a lovely scrapbook full of memories.

Doesnt bothe rme in the least... In fact, I love it... If I dont like the picture I move on.... But I love having a photo of such a special event as a disney cruise!

Sure, just ask your waiter or your tablemates (or anyone else standing around). I am an avid scrapbooker and we never had a problem getting someone to take a picture of us. I did a page on each restaurant, because each is unique. BTW, I didn't buy any of the professional pictures - I took around 1000 photos on our 4 night cruise and I have a lovely scrapbook full of memories.

So I have to know....how big was your album? Or how many did you have to use? Our Christmas trip in 2006...I ended up using 4 - 12 x 12 albums! With all the new Disney scrapbooking stuff there was to use, I purposely took pics of stuff just so I could do a page with the cool papers and stickers. This Cruise is going to be about 12 books! lol
I don't know if and when we are going to be able to do this again, so I already warned DH that I want pics of every inch of the ship.

...so I already warned DH that I want pics of every inch of the ship.

hehehe :lmao: that is exactly what i do... i have so many pictures of random inanimate objects... dh even takes pictures of the "picture spots" in WDW... no not the spot, or us in the spot... he takes the picture of the sign at the spot... :sad2:

So I have to know....how big was your album? Or how many did you have to use? Our Christmas trip in 2006...I ended up using 4 - 12 x 12 albums! With all the new Disney scrapbooking stuff there was to use, I purposely took pics of stuff just so I could do a page with the cool papers and stickers. This Cruise is going to be about 12 books! lol
I don't know if and when we are going to be able to do this again, so I already warned DH that I want pics of every inch of the ship.

I only did 1 album - I took over 1000 pics, but didn't use all of them. I am a multiple picture taker - I take at least 2 pics of everything, just in case eyes are closed, looking away, etc. I do Creative Memories and am looking forward to doing my first digital Disney album of our May trip!

I love my Shutters pictures! I think it was great to get a picture in the restaurants, especilly on the special nights (Golden Mickeys, Pirate Night). If they don't turn out, fine, I don't buy them. But some of them are great pictures!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter