I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously I don't post but I've essentially stopped wanting contact with some family members due to their extreme and excessive views (can't we all just live and let live?).

This is why I only really have two friends that are family and that's because it's the only way I'd be in touch. It's much easier now that most family has disowned us (stepdad's side and my dad's side) but I'm glad I never friend them before that. I did finally add my mom back in May so I could use messenger to contact her while I was in Paris but she has me on ignore now :) I've put a few friends on ignore, love that feature! But I have a lot of friends in their 30's and 40's that use it a fair amount for pictures and general stuff so it's not all grandparents still using it. Though we're all of the age where we didn't start using it until after college because of when it became open to the public, but were probably early adopters. I don't have that many friends on twitter and those that are, like me, don't tweet much. My tweets consist mostly of answering our local sports stations contest questions during Mariners games :)

Waiting for the sun to come up so I can go run 12.5 miles, yay W&D half training. Less than 30 days! :coffee: except I don't drink coffee so just sleepy.

Yes, all my aunts and my MIL are still super into FB. I'm not really into any social media so I just hang back and watch lol. I only care what my kiddos are into and so far, it's been minimal, and not FB. Social media is not dying out but it is changing.

I've never wanted to join FB. All my friends, family apparently are on it and one of my children. The other 2 have no interest.

5 or 6 cards! Geez, I have 10 Chase cards. This is why I dont churn Chase.

I have 7 cards, but I'm considering dumping Southwest and the Disney card. Either that or I'll reduce the credit line on them to a small amount, which leads me to the question what would a small amount be that would be acceptable? Could I get away with something like 1K? Or would it be better just to nerf them? Not planning to reapply any time soon.

I have 7 cards, but I'm considering dumping Southwest and the Disney card. Either that or I'll reduce the credit line on them to a small amount, which leads me to the question what would a small amount be that would be acceptable? Could I get away with something like 1K? Or would it be better just to nerf them? Not planning to reapply any time soon.

I would say it depends how long you have had them and if you want to pay the AF (if there is one). I keep my Disney card because I have had it for more than a few years and there is no AF. I think I made my CL $5000. I occasionally put a small charge on it, but do not use it at all on a regular basis.

I am getting ready to cancel my SW card. I have had it for a year and have a large CL. Waiting for my bonus points to post. I never use it so why pay the AF except for the bonus points. I may reapply to get the bonus and maybe CP again one day in the far off future.

I keep my Disney card because I have had it for more than a few years and there is no AF.

I never use it so why pay the AF except for the bonus points. I may reapply to get the bonus and maybe CP again one day in the far off future.

I don't need either for age of accounts.

On the SW, I'm on the same page as you, but my fee is due Oct 21 and looking back at last year, the due date is when the points hit my account. So in order to get the points I'd have to pay the fee and then cancel.

On the SW, I'm on the same page as you, but my fee is due Oct 21 and looking back at last year, the due date is when the points hit my account. So in order to get the points I'd have to pay the fee and then cancel.

They will credit you the fee back. My fee posted. After I get my bonus points I will cancel and the fee will credit. I don't plan on paying it.

Should I admit I literally keep no extra records other than my online ones? I review my credit cards daily (almost) and I pay the bills through bill pay which gives me an online record of what's going on. For example I can pull up the activity and figure out what a year's worth of electric or gas costs me.

Somewhere I have actual checks but I don't remember the last time I actually wrote one. Navy Federal supplies free checks with just a name on them and I used them for years before bill pay to mail a check to pay my bills.

I haven't used a check register in so many years, I couldn't remember the last time. I almost never write them, but I keep one folded up in my wallet, just in case I am somewhere that, gasp, doesn't take cards. I did have to use it once, so I made sure to always keep one there.
I track everything through Quicken, easy peasy for me. If I ever had to go back to paper I'd be toast LOL.

:sad: enjoying my familys visit this week but no tiem to read or keep up here..... the only thing I've noted is hat I should've jumped on the PRG on Oct 2nd....:sad: since the Af isn't waived anymore...... that was what I wanted to get in on and I lost track of it being busy....real life got in my way!:charac2::rotfl2: eventually I hope to catch back up but IDK tthis thread moves so fast.....

Waiting for the sun to come up so I can go run 12.5 miles, yay W&D half training. Less than 30 days! :coffee: except I don't drink coffee so just sleepy.

Have a great run! I did laugh...when I was running half/fulls I was up waaaay before the sun since it's hot hot hot here until Nov-Feb. Adding to the excitement was watching out for snakes in the dark :scared1:

I am really only on page 2714 but hat tip to @Lain @SouthFayetteFan for the reminder of Amex self referral!

Instant approval and number of a rose gold card!!!! I couldn't decide on card plans and kept waffeling back and forth for the past few days so I just jumped in the second I realized I was able to self-refer. 5 minutes before I have to leave for work at that.

Congratulations on your approval! I almost just went for the PG yesterday when I figured out how I could self refer. Probably just as well that I was at work and had to go so didn’t do it then. I really want to just get it and figure sad but true we will be able to meet the MSR’s one way or another. I think I am so bitter about Chase right now that going back to the Reserve for dining does not tempt me at all. 4 times MR would be an excellent replacement.

@tink1970 I have the two shades of purple, gold, silver. I need rose gold for my online viewing pleasure!

Yup! Our kids do the same...It's called "Ameritowne" here. My kids do it even though we homeschool cause we participate in a part time public school/part time homeschool program. They teach them the silliness of how to write a check, balance a checkbook, etc.. Pretty useless...Though my oldest dd was the mayor the year she did it. That was cool. She had to actually campaign and receive votes.
I don’t know, balancing a check book and keeping a budget are good skills to have. If you can balance your checkbook, transitioning to any software that does the same would be similar. And I still have to write checks. Unfortunately in 2018, I still have bills that are check only.

Good thing none of us are Facebook friends... I work in the political sphere and have a lot to say :rotfl2:
My sister is all politics and puppies. She fosters puppies and although doesn’t work in anything politically related, posts tons of political stuff. I do get a bit tired of it, but it is relevant

I've never wanted to join FB. All my friends, family apparently are on it and one of my children. The other 2 have no interest.

1K is perfectly fine. That is what I’ve reduced my Disney and Marriott Biz to these days.

:sad: enjoying my familys visit this week but no tiem to read or keep up here..... the only thing I've noted is hat I should've jumped on the PRG on Oct 2nd....:sad: since the Af isn't waived anymore...... that was what I wanted to get in on and I lost track of it being busy....real life got in my way!:charac2::rotfl2: eventually I hope to catch back up but IDK tthis thread moves so fast.....

This. Work got in the way this week and I was consistently 10 pages behind...:faint: did some late night reading and finally caught up! I too said I wanted to apply for the PRG before 10/4, but life got in the way and I lost track of time completely until 10/5 rolled around. But, I’m also 4/24 (DH 3/24 but needs to leave a slot for either a CSP or CSR) after the Lux and need to decide how I want to proceed with CP plans (if at all since I have SW gift cards to use from the personal and Biz Plat) and also the Barclays Arrival Plus is calling my name. Too many good offers, too few slots. May need to talk aloud here later :laughing:

oh and when I PC'ed my BCP to BCE I still have the $95 af on the page..will they credit that back next statement,or do we need to call?

off topic, but I don't want to ask in DVC group and I know many of you are members (@calypso726)

I have a February use year. If I book a 2019 trip using some 2018 banked points and some 2019 points, what happens to the points if I need to cancel. Do all points get returned to 2019?

Quoting myself here to ask a follow up question. Thank you to those that replied to my original question.

So I booked a spring trip using some 2019 points and had to borrow into 2020. Now, if I have to cancel (unlikely) all points will be returned to 2019, correct. The 2018 banked points will expire 1/31/20.
Then, I can bank the other 2019 points (some originally borrowed from 2020) if needed back into 2020 and those banked points will expire 1/31/ 2021. Is this all correct?

@juju12345 - Click on Statements & Activity -->Change the drop down from "Recent Activity" to "Year to Date" and it will show on the side what you are getting for points. The points take a couple days to be added into the list.

View attachment 356165

ETA - Forgot to quote so I am tagging you!

I've been trying to figure this out myself! Was excited to see this, tried it and it does NOT work for me! :( I have had the card since July and spent a lot of $$$ on it! (gas stations, restaurants and Hilton Hotels!) Got it because DD is getting married next year and reception is at a Hilton Garden Inn. I see description, card member name and amount. What am I doing wrong?? :sad: THANKS in advance for any help!

P.S. Been reading this thread off and on for months. Helpful group!

I've been trying to figure this out myself! Was excited to see this, tried it and it does NOT work for me! :( I have had the card since July and spent a lot of $$$ on it! (gas stations, restaurants and Hilton Hotels!) Got it because DD is getting married next year and reception is at a Hilton Garden Inn. I see description, card member name and amount. What am I doing wrong?? :sad: THANKS in advance for any help!

P.S. Been reading this thread off and on for months. Helpful group!
Screen Shot 2018-10-06 at 11.13.35 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-10-06 at 11.14.24 AM.png

@snowmanlover - Not sure how to draw arrows and stuff on the mac, hopefully this helps a bit.

This may be totally out there, but since I see of people going to Epcot, thought why not try LOL. Anyone going that is an AP holder? I am dying for the AP holder Goofy Food and Wine Raglan style tee, but they didn't release it until after we had left food and wine. Let me know if this is too out of line to post here

@MrPTato That's what I see! Don't want to post it because I don't know how to blank out my information. lol

Could it be because I have the Ascend Card? Looks like you have the Gold Card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter