I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went thru and cancelled all unneeded cards. Removed all AUs and trimmed CLs too.

She has a ton of closed cards on her report (maybe 15-20??).

Did all those closed cards hurt her CS at all? I'll have a whole bunch of closed Amex in the next year'ish so I've been wondering about that. I won't have as many as your DW though!!

Oh r/churning...how strange you are. Just another reason why I love my DISchurner family...

My response to this comment: https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/comments/95vgz5/daily_discussion_thread_august_09_2018/e3w5m06/ has a score of -2 currently meaning at least 3 people have downvoted it.

What did I say? Oh just that my wife has a fear of flying and that we prefer to go to Disney World and the Gulf of Mexico for our vacations vs. Europe, etc. Who in their right mind would downvote somebody's personal preference?? I even said I don't judge anybody whose preferences are different. Sorry, I'll end my rant but these people are idiots sometimes.

That's ridiculous!

How do you see the score? It's hidden for me.

Oh r/churning...how strange you are. Just another reason why I love my DISchurner family...

My response to this comment: https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/comments/95vgz5/daily_discussion_thread_august_09_2018/e3w5m06/ has a score of -2 currently meaning at least 3 people have downvoted it.

What did I say? Oh just that my wife has a fear of flying and that we prefer to go to Disney World and the Gulf of Mexico for our vacations vs. Europe, etc. Who in their right mind would downvote somebody's personal preference?? I even said I don't judge anybody whose preferences are different. Sorry, I'll end my rant but these people are idiots sometimes.

That is so dumb that people would downvote you! Good grief. I upvoted your post lol! And I agree 1000%. Those vaca's would be our choices too, for many of the same reasons!

Did all those closed cards hurt her CS at all? I'll have a whole bunch of closed Amex in the next year'ish so I've been wondering about that. I won't have as many as your DW though!!
Closed cards don't seem to impact her score in the least. I've closed 22 cards in the past 20ish months - no impact. Wife has closed 8 cards in the past 2 years, no perceivable impact.

sorry - typo. I edited my post to say 6/24. And yeah, I'd say later this month you're at 0/3, 2/6, and 5/24. Only 2 of your cards are Chase - you look pretty good :)

Thank you! So here's another question...Does Chase care what happens after they approve you? If I were to get the IHG and then soon after get the Aspire, could that potentially be a problem?

That is so dumb that people would downvote you! Good grief. I upvoted your post lol! And I agree 1000%. Those vaca's would be our choices too, for many of the same reasons!
There is a culture in r/churning that says if you aren't flying first class to Thailand you aren't playing the game right (or pick some other strange extravagant trip that I have no interest in). It's really a poison over there because I think people just compete to show a great redemption, and is it really what they wanted to do?

I know we have some folks here looking to go international, and that's so cool! I hope they enjoy it. For us, give me some sand, the gulf of Mexico, some bikes and a kayak and I'm gooooood :D

Thank you! So here's another question...Does Chase care what happens after they approve you? If I were to get the IHG and then soon after get the Aspire, could that potentially be a problem?
That shouldn't matter...however - do you really want to add another personal card? That would lock you out of Chase until Oct 2019... Right now you are just 5 or 6 months away from being back in business with Chase for 2 cards.

Consider yourself upvoted!

I upvoted you. :thumbsup2

Consider yourself upvoted!

I upvoted you. :thumbsup2
HAHA - thanks guys! I'm doing ok in the fake internet points dept ;) but I appreciate it anyways. I think on last check I'm at around 1,500 r/churning karma.

Obviously I was more commenting on the ridiculousness that is r/churning. Luckily we only have a like button around here - and I use it liberally :D

Please make your story even better and tell us it was instant approval for both!? :ssst:

Oh yeah - instant approval on both!! :) 22k CL on the CSR and 12k CL on the CSP.

Is it terrible that I was kinda hoping one or both cards didn’t get insta-approved and @SouthFayetteFan would’ve had to call in to recon pretending to be Mrs. SouthFayetteFan?

:rotfl2:

Congratulations, my good man!

:bounce::cheer2:party::cool1::jumping3::Pinkbounc

That shouldn't matter...however - do you really want to add another personal card? That would lock you out of Chase until Oct 2019... Right now you are just 5 or 6 months away from being back in business with Chase for 2 cards.

Yeah, I want the Hilton for trips we have planned in the next couple of years and I'm getting impatient with dragging things out just to keep Chase happy. I'm planning to have dh get the CSP in the fall, and we may try to keep him under 5/24 for a while after that as well.

There is a culture in r/churning that says if you aren't flying first class to Thailand you aren't playing the game right (or pick some other strange extravagant trip that I have no interest in). It's really a poison over there because I think people just compete to show a great redemption, and is it really what they wanted to do?

I know we have some folks here looking to go international, and that's so cool! I hope they enjoy it. For us, give me some sand, the gulf of Mexico, some bikes and a kayak and I'm gooooood :D

I totally know what you mean. I definitely have some international destinations on my list for the next few years- Japan and UAE. Japan has been a lifelong dream and a good friend lived in the UAE and loved it there. Other than that... I really just want to hit a Disney park every year and see all 50 states. Which is why we're planning to start with AZ next spring and go from there! I know I'm probably not going to get the world's greatest redemptions to Japan because I'm probably going to fly AA, but who cares as long as I'm happy with my use of points?

Like we've talked about before, a week-long beach vacation is my idea of a nightmare. But I'm not going to flame anyone for booking themselves a nice hotel in the Caribbean when it has zero effect on my wallet!

Hi everyone! I was advised via another thread I started that I should come over here and ask for some help. So here I am!

I'm about to start my first Disney vacation with my daughter and I'd like to start planning to take her on another one. But not like next year, or even the year after, but probably something closer to 5 years. I'd like start saving (obviously) but also figure out other ways to make the most of my money and spending so I can have my money do more for me! I poked around this thread some and, quite frankly, was super overwhelmed. There's a lot of phrases and abbreviations that I don't follow.

But I'm told everyone here is super friendly and willing to hold my hand (metaphorically speaking) to help me out :)

So... hi! :)

Hi and Welcome...everyone here is super nice and friendly....I found this group in May...and they have helped me out a lot.
To help you we would need a list of credit cards you’ve opened or are an authorized user on in the last 24 months...this is because Chase has a rule 5/24...they will not approve you for a personal card if you’ve opened up 5 credit cards of any type in 24 months..
You’ve helped by listing your travel goal...bring your daughter to Disney and you’ve given yourself plenty of time to accumulate points. Do you fly there ? If so what airlines would you possibly use.....
I’m sure I forgot other questions...but others will be along to help you as well

I almost never post anything on Reddit cause I am sorta tender hearted and down votes make me sad...

I once posted a thread about the unexpected downsides to churning because my wallet got stolen and I had to contact a zillion places to cancel cards. It was more a tongue in cheek post because obviously the benefits of churning far outweigh the annoyance of cancelling cards on the off chance some jerk pilfers your wallet (I digress) but I got blasted to high heaven for being stupid enough to carry so many cards with me at one time. Never again!

Reddit is 60% helpful and 40% a troll breeding ground.

Happy Dance!! Was just approved for the CIP... Yes. Applied on Tuesday and was approved this morning. So excited.

In other news: Both DH and I applied for Barclays AAdvantage Business (the last day of the 50,000 points with first purchase). Both got letters in the mail needing DL Pic, SS Pic and Bank/Utility Statement. So, I sent mine all in and DH informs me that he has not had an actual SS card for a long time. (if ever - can't remember ever seeing is since we been married and that has been 23 years). So, does anyone know if Barclays will accept anything else? Passport copy maybe. They don't put a phone # on the letter they send out so not sure who to call. ( I am going to have DH get a replacement card but not sure how long that will take).
SSA has online services so you can order an replacement card without ever having to go into the office. First, you need to set-up a myssa.gov account and then you can order the replacement card. I will say they tried very hard to stump me with the questions that had been pulled from my credit report but this is definitely needed to prevent fraud, which, unfortunately, is rampant. This will also allow you to see your earnings, etc. Once the account is established, it is a very easy process to request for the card. You reminded me that I don't currently have one so I just did the online request. I am not sure how long it will actually take to receive my card.

ITA!!! For me personally, while I would love flying first/business, I would much much rather use X number of points to simply treat family members to come with us on our trips to Hawaii/DL/Florida. Those are really the only destinations that appeal to us at this point in our lives and if I can bring my best friends and family with then even better. The few trips we have gone on without we always spend most of it planning ways to come back with 'our people' and what things we will do when we are all there together.

Hi and Welcome...everyone here is super nice and friendly....I found this group in May...and they have helped me out a lot.
To help you we would need a list of credit cards you’ve opened or are an authorized user on in the last 24 months...this is because Chase has a rule 5/24...they will not approve you for a personal card if you’ve opened up 5 credit cards of any type in 24 months..
You’ve helped by listing your travel goal...bring your daughter to Disney and you’ve given yourself plenty of time to accumulate points. Do you fly there ? If so what airlines would you possibly use.....
I’m sure I forgot other questions...but others will be along to help you as well
So I haven't opened any credit cards (or become an authorized user of) in the last 24 months. Leastways, that I can recall. All of my cards I've had a for quite some time. Do you want to know what cards I have?

I would likely fly there, but it's not necessary. I live in Washington, DC, so it's technically drivable. Not doing it this time because the idea of taking a 5 year-old on a 14 hour road trip makes me want to cry. I don't have any favorite airlines either. My wife has a Southwest card that she uses for an occasional flight to visit a friend out in Chicago.

We're flying JetBlue for this upcoming trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter