I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
...I think all of the hotel Transylvania movies are pretty funny.
I took my (adult) sister along with me to see Hotel Transylvania 3 last weekend because I find the series hilarious and just fun- and yet I was too embarrassed to go see a kids movie on my own... I felt a bit better when I saw 2 other adults there who weren't accompanied by kids! Sometimes I just have to take a break from big screen shoot 'em up bang bang type movies...

Last edited:
My AF for Chase Disney has posted. I want to cancel but have 9.40in rewards that I can’t cash out but don’t want to leave on the table. Lol. Will they give me the rewards when I close or should I just downgrade. If I downgrade can I do it by SM?

I took my (adult) sister along with me to see Hotel Transylvania 3 last weekend because I find the series hilarious and just fun- and yet I was too embarrassed to go see a kids move on my own... I felt a bit better when I saw 2 other adults there who weren't accompanied by kids! Sometimes I just have to take a break from big screen shoot 'em up bang bang type movies...
I wanted to see incredibles 2 and the kids didn't want to so I told them I was going then 5 min before I needed to leave they decided they would go. But there were lots of adults only in the theater. My mom took the oldest to see HT3 and said that it was packed and mostly large families and she would only go if she could take one of the grandkids with her because she felt funny going by herself.

My AF for Chase Disney has posted. I want to cancel but have 9.40in rewards that I can’t cash out but don’t want to leave on the table. Lol. Will they give me the rewards when I close or should I just downgrade. If I downgrade can I do it by SM?
I would just downgrade to the no fee unless you had plans to apply for it. I let our rewards sit there for three years because I honestly forgot about it. Just used them in May at the disney store just to use them and treat the kids to some toys and new shirts.

On the fly vs drive debate - 7 hour drive or 1.5 hour drive to airport, 1.5 hr flight and then 1.5 hr drive with rental. And I think that 2nd 1.5 hr drive will likely be longer as it involves Chicago. DH is trying to convince me it makes sense to fly, I think no way. If it makes a difference, we will definitely be doing the 7 hr drive (14 hour round trip) 2 weeks earlier. Ughhh Not looking forward to this.
Ouch... personally I prefer to fly but I frequently do a 6 hour drive (which is anywhere from 6-8 hours depending on traffic, flying is not feasible). In this case I would do the 7 hour drive because driving an hour and a half, getting on a plane and THEN driving another couple hours sounds exhausting. It's one thing if you drove 1.5 hours and then flew but the whole book ending the trip with 1.5 hour drives... I'd rather get in the car, get in my grove and just go. (Idk if it's feasible for you but lately I've found the drives a bit less stressful hitting the road super early and getting a couple hours in before rush hits.)

Although, if you think this has the potential to be something you will be doing repeatedly in the future it might make sense to try the flight thing to see what you guys like better.

I gave it a 4.5/5. I actually was going to give it a 4 but Dh said 4.5 lol
Hahaha, I'll give it a 4! Although I give the other ones in the series 5/5. It would have been 4.5 if it hadn't been for that one song it left running in my head for the next couple hours...

I took my (adult) sister along with me to see Hotel Transylvania 3 last weekend because I find the series hilarious and just fun- and yet I was too embarrassed to go see a kids move on my own... I felt a bit better when I saw 2 other adults there who weren't accompanied by kids! Sometimes I just have to take a break from big screen shoot 'em up bang bang type movies...
We saw that, I thought it was cute. Also saw Teen Titans Go to the Movies, which was wacky funny. I have enough depressing, dramatic stuff in real life. I prefer comedies or animated movies. At least I have a kiddo as an excuse.

I'd try it because why not but I don't think it will work. They seem to function as a TA (those that know their stuff) and I don't believe Disney TAs can book Disney tours for you.
They can’t? I always assumed they could book everything. But I’m too obsessive to let anyone book Disney anything for me, so I’m admittedly uneducated in the ways of the Disney TA.

Ouch... personally I prefer to fly but I frequently do a 6 hour drive (which is anywhere from 6-8 hours depending on traffic, flying is not feasible). In this case I would do the 7 hour drive because driving an hour and a half, getting on a plane and THEN driving another couple hours sounds exhausting. It's one thing if you drove 1.5 hours and then flew but the whole book ending the trip with 1.5 hour drives... I'd rather get in the car, get in my grove and just go. (Idk if it's feasible for you but lately I've found the drives a bit less stressful hitting the road super early and getting a couple hours in before rush hits.)

Although, if you think this has the potential to be something you will be doing repeatedly in the future it might make sense to try the flight thing to see what you guys like better.

Well it is something we will have to figure out for the next 4 years. Do we drive up and get her on breaks? Do we let her fly? Not sure. This 2nd trip wasn't planned, but we were offered free football tickets so DH didn't want to pass it up. He has a work trip the week before and is flying through Chicago on Thursday, we would be driving up probably the next day or early Saturday. He has threatened to just stay in Chicago and meet me at the game. lol We shall see who wins this one.

Would a corporate Amex count against your 5/24? I just remembered I got my card about a year ago. It was replaced with a chip card in the mail today (laughable it did not have a chip previously) and jogged my memory.

The majority of movies I see are kids movies unless they are super hero movies.

Would a corporate Amex count against your 5/24? I just remembered I got my card about a year ago. It was replaced with a chip card in the mail today (laughable it did not have a chip previously) and jogged my memory.

No, I know they run your credit but it doesn't appear on your credit report so it won't count for 5/24. You can double check your report, but I never saw mine on it. (and I had an AmEx already when I got mine so I don't even recall an inquiry)

It is another rainy yucky day here and I was home anyway so just watched Newsies on Netflix. Thanks @amalone1013 and @elgerber! Loved it. Also finished My Dear Hamilton (the book) the other day, can't remember who mentioned it on here, but loved it also!

But I still have not watched The Greatest Showman! Even though I listen to the soundtrack frequently. Need to do that!

Are we talking about the same movie? Lol I’m talking about Christopher Robin
ROFL. I must be on a different planet today. I was still talking Hotel Transylvania, oops! I’m trying to catch up by working backwards through the thread but it’s turning out to be a poor decision...

its not suppose to. unless your boss created a personal credit card account and added you.

No, I know they run your credit but it doesn't appear on your credit report so it won't count for 5/24. You can double check your report, but I never saw mine on it. (and I had an AmEx already when I got mine so I don't even recall an inquiry)

Thank you! It is definitely a green corporate Amex card with my company name on it (not through my supervisor as a personal or anything). I had to provide my SSN through the Amex portal which concerned me it would count against me, but now I feel better :)

Pulling my own report should not affect my chances of opening cards either, right? I have been monitoring it through the free Citi and Chase feature when I login to my card website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter