I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I crazy? I swear I saw a post last night with a link to sign up for some SW email list for bonus points. I wasn't home at the time so I was coming back to look for it and now I don't see it.

I saw the post yesterday...don’t remember if it was a link..someone had it in their RR account....I checked our 5 accounts and no one had it

I need to call Marriott today to buy the F+H package, the points are in DH's name. Can I call?

Sounds like a good plan. Every refundable hotel reservation I’ve made on the UR portal, then had to cancel, had the points refunded to my UR account almost immediately. You’ll need to add your CSR as a card you want to transfer to on your CIP. If you have other cards linked to your CIP, that may cause errors. The easiest way around it would be to create daisy chain of linked cards. So your URs would go from your CIP > previously linked card > new CSR. Good luck!

One more thing, remember you have a $300 travel credit that can be applied to any cash portion of travel booked on the UR portal. It’s up to you whether you want to use only points, or you want to pay $300 onto your CSR (which will trigger the travel credit, should count towards your MSR, and I believe still earns 3x UR until later this month [eta yep, 3x UR earning on travel covered by the travel credit ends 8/26].)

Thank you! Super helpful.

That was basically what I was thinking but I knew that there could be something tricky with transferring with the CIP. I don't have another card linked, so hopefully that all goes well.

And I didn't realize that the travel credit was still getting 3x UR. I thought that had already ended. That gives me something to think about...

I must have missed that about the 3X travel? What's happening? We are planning to pay for a hotel overseas in 2 weeks, using the CSR for the extra travel credits (and to help with that MSR). And another one on 8/29 but that one will be put on the AMEX (FHR reservation) so I guess we will be ok with the first one. But things are changing during our trip and it would be good to know which card to use overseas.

Negative Changes Coming To Chase Sapphire Reserve (No More 3x On $300 Travel, Priority Pass Limited To Two Guests & Price Protection Removal)

Basically, the CSR comes with a $300 per membership year travel credit. You earn 3x UR on anything that codes as “travel” with the CSR. You also get credited for “travel” charges until the $300 travel credit is used up. So for those $300, you’re getting a double benefit of earning 3x UR and getting the charge reimbursed. Effective 8/26/18, you won’t earn 3x UR on any travel charge that gets reimbursed by the travel credit. Not a big deal because 3x UR on $300 is 900 UR you won’t be getting, which is like $9 cash or $13.50 when redeemed for travel.

Hello, everyone. I'm back from a 14 day trip to San Diego/DLR/LA. After hemorrhaging $$$, but having a great time AND saving thousands of dollars by using my SPG / Jetblue / United points (even flew home first class which was such an INCREDIBLE experience I never want to go to the back of the plane again!) It's time to ask for advice on my next credit card move.

Goals: Since they are not set in stone, I'm not sure what my next move should be. I have 30k miles in my Delta account and I'm looking into booking a first class flight to Europe next year for the four of us. I love SPG since those points are so versatile.

What should my next move be? Thanks so much!

Within 24 Months Me:

1 - Chase Marriott Premier Plus upgrade May 2018

Hilton Amex Business (5k min spend) May 2018

2 - Chase Marriott Dec-17

3 - Chase Unlimited Dec-17

SPG Amex Business Nov-17

4 - Barclay Jetblue Nov-17

5 - Chase United MPE Nov-17

6 - Chase Sapphire Preferred Jul-16

7- Bank of America MC Dec-16

Beyond 24 mos Me:

Amex travel card opened more than 24 mos ago

Chase Disney opened more than 24 mos ago

Within 24 Months husband:

Chase Sapphire Preferred Jan-18

Chase Sapphire Reserve Jan-18

Barclay Jetblue Dec-17

SPG Amex Business Mar 18

Chase Marriott Premier May 18 (5k min spend)

Amex ED Pref opened more than 24 dos ago

I haven’t really been following the SPG news but you should look into that for yourself. I think you maybe locked out of the personal if you don’t go for it soon.

If I were you your DH getting a CIP would be my top priority. Maybe the SPG personal should be your focus tho.

There are new Delta offers but they aren’t at the all time high. I’d stick with the business ones first tho.

Looking for advice to maximize rewards on purchasing a pool (over $10K). I currently have the Chase Freedom, Disney, IHG. I've had and closed the Chase Sapphire Reserved about a year ago. I'm over my 5/24 for about 6 more months and can't really wait for the pool at this point (long story), but have excellent credit. Ideally I'd like a card that has 0% for at least 12 months. doable?

AmEx seems good for 0% purchase offers right now. Are you trying to get under 5/24? On business cards there's the Blue Business Plus, 0% for 15 months.
If not, the Everyday and Blue Cash lines all have 0 for various sign up bonuses. Which one is good depends on if you like cash or points.
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/category/zero-percent-intro-apr/

Seemingly, good rewards on large purchase and 0% interest are fairly mutually exclusive. but the usual suspects are only looking like a few hundreds of dollars worth of rewards.

Well P2 registered for all 3 races for the Princess Half Marathon weekend, so perhaps meeting MSR on this Ritz organically won't be an issue after all.

Also the Barclays AAdvantage Aviator (personal) is up to 60,000 miles after single purchase + $95 AF. For those of us over 5/24, this is one of the best deals you can get (provided you live near good AA routes).

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/barc...elite-mastercard-bonus-increased-60000-miles/
Any chance of barclay matching the prior 50k mile offer? I made the required purchase on mine but my first statement hasn't even closed yet. Thanks!

I haven’t really been following the SPG news but you should look into that for yourself. I think you maybe locked out of the personal if you don’t go for it soon.

If I were you your DH getting a CIP would be my top priority. Maybe the SPG personal should be your focus tho.

There are new Delta offers but they aren’t at the all time high. I’d stick with the business ones first tho.

@mefordis would likely be locked out of the SPG personal and the Marriott Biz after 8/26, so if she wants to build up those Marriott (SPG) points, she could get both cards for a combined $6k spend in 3 months.

@mefordis - It would help if you could reply to my earlier post, and DON’T apply for anything until we’ve talked through your strategy and options!!!

@mefordis would likely be locked out of the SPG personal and the Marriott Biz after 8/26, so if she wants to build up those Marriott (SPG) points, she could get both cards for a combined $6k spend in 3 months.

@mefordis - It would help if you could reply to my earlier post, and DON’T apply for anything until we’ve talked through your strategy and options!!!

Yeah, def do the Marriott Biz and SPG personal the . I’d do the CIP after or if you could swing 11k MSR go all out lol. @mefordis

Looks like Amex pulled the Phoenix call center number: https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/comments/93ybj2/comment/e3h0yhj?st=JKCUI163&sh=39d739ab

But some people are still having luck getting the 100k MR/$10k/3 months Biz Platinum offer by calling a direct line: https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/comments/93ybj2/comment/e3hag5r?st=JKCUEHLL&sh=1af0fbde

*Puts my guy’s direct number in a safe place.*

The direct number meaning the guys extension that he gave me when I called? I kinda regret not getting this for SO and was thinking I should have him call.

Is it worth double the AA miles to fly business for a one hour flight? It would only be an extra 7k Miles one way.

The direct number meaning the guys extension that he gave me when I called? I kinda regret not getting this for SO and was thinking I should have him call.

heh, im also wanting to apply for it too, but it seems dead in the waters?

I saw the post yesterday...don’t remember if it was a link..someone had it in their RR account....I checked our 5 accounts and no one had it
There is a link in the post that @miztressuz pointed back to. I can't believe I missed it over and over again today.
I didn't get targeted but I figured it can't hurt to sign up anyway.

Am I crazy? I swear I saw a post last night with a link to sign up for some SW email list for bonus points. I wasn't home at the time so I was coming back to look for it and now I don't see it.

I'm guessing it was a targeted offer? I checked all of our SW accounts too and no one in my family has a similar offer.

I was able to sign up under my account. It is under promotions when you log into your account. There was no promotions listed for DH.

First thing’s first. Have you applied for any new cards in the past 31 days?

Second thing. Let’s figure out your next move here before you fill out any applications. DO NOT sign up for anything until we have a plan for you!

No, it has been 6 weeks since my Chase Ink Pref folly.

Third. Your timing is good because there are elevated offers out on Amex Delta cards right now, but there are also massive changes coming to the Marriott and SPG cards in the next 2-3 weeks as they begin finalizing their merger, and this might be your last chance to get certain Marriott/SPG cards and their bonuses before new restrictions go into effect on 8/26/18. So you may need to prioritize which is more important to you, Delta miles or Marriott/SPG points?

If they still have the 1:1 Delta transfer off than wouldn't SPG be a good bet? However, a Delta off that is high might be good as well, but they are not versatile like SPG points and what if we don't end up flying Delta next year? Do you know if Delta miles expire? I have 30k banked there right now.

Fourth. Part of prioritizing is figuring out how much spend you have coming up in the next 3 months. If you have quite a bit of spend, you may be able to get 2 or more cards, but we’ll need to figure out which and when depending on the timing rules for application.

I believe we have at least 6k worth of spend in the next 3 months.

Weren’t you thinking of getting the Marriott Biz? Is that something you’re still interested in? Because you may only have until 8/26 to act. Again, even though there’s a certain time sensitivity to all this, it’s not like you have to apply today or tomorrow — SO DON’T until we’ve helped you figure out your next move(s).

I"m not doing anything until I have your stamp of approval! This is such a tough decision but I think the more versatile the points the better.

DH just told me it’s tax free weekend in our state and we’re within easy driving distance of two different outlets at my work conference... guess I’ll be breaking in the new Citi AA card :rotfl:

With a 10% sales tax I wish we had tax free weekends. They'd lose too much money though because I think people would stop shopping until it happened and then go nuts. I would :teeth:

Has anyone received a retention offer on the Amex Delta Gold Business card? I tried once and was told no. The csr just kept trying to get me to upgrade to the platinum card. I'm thinking I should just max out my 10% offers and then close it since I won't be flying Delta in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter