I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
First Post! I applied and was approved for the Chase Sapphire Reserve. I paid my Disney Trip in full and received my $300 travel credit already. Once the statement closes I should receive my 50,000 UR Points. I should have done this sooner, especially since I have been a Chase customer for 30 years!

Thank you to all who recommended the Chase Sapphire card!

First Post! I applied and was approved for the Chase Sapphire Reserve. I paid my Disney Trip in full and received my $300 travel credit already. Once the statement closes I should receive my 50,000 UR Points. I should have done this sooner, especially since I have been a Chase customer for 30 years!

:banana::banana::jumping1:party::jumping1::banana::banana:

Oh, and :welcome:

Last edited:

So with all your talk on the AMEX Platinum now I have a FOMO (like Disneygirl). Trying to figure out how to meet $10,000 spend. (have not gotten into MSing). Then I had an epiphany.... My brother owns his own contracting company. So, I use Plastiq to send him a check for "remodeling" and then he gives me the $ back... I think that would work. I just texted him to see if he would be up for that. He already thinks I am always scamming things....
Now you’re thinking like a churner!

My long term plan is not very specific! Or very long... Though I think it shows who is Player 1 and who is Player 2 :P

I think I could sneak the Plat in there to keep me busy until I can have DH refer me for CIP. It it's not too risky, maybe get him CIC, but if I don't end up doing that maybe downgrade his CIP. I think I'd prioritize SW CP over the CIC if it's risky and over the double dip (at least doing CP first).

View attachment 340522

Why do my excel sheets look so messy compared to everyone else’s? How do I get it to look pretty lol

Why do my excel sheets look so messy compared to everyone else’s? How do I get it to look pretty lol

do u keep track of your MOs?
I keep track of all my MS activities just incase the IRS comes knockin... lol.
it takes time to make excel work well for u. been learning new things just fiddling around with it.

My long term plan is not very specific! Or very long... Though I think it shows who is Player 1 and who is Player 2 :P

I think I could sneak the Plat in there to keep me busy until I can have DH refer me for CIP. It it's not too risky, maybe get him CIC, but if I don't end up doing that maybe downgrade his CIP. I think I'd prioritize SW CP over the CIC if it's risky and over the double dip (at least doing CP first).

View attachment 340522
2019: lots

As in lots of cards?:rotfl:

it takes time to make excel work well for u. been learning new things just fiddling around with it.

I don’t... I should probably start doing that... I just keep all receipts for giftcards and the MOS and deposit slips in a bin with the Giftcards. It’s very disorganized lol

Congrats!

The CSR is the card that I find myself pulling out the most if I don't have a MSR to meet, followed by "wow, this card is heavy" by the cashier.

Have a drink in the PP lounge for me!

Seeking advice from Alaska Air flyers. Been pricing out return flights from Anchorage for next year's cruise, while waiting for the booking window to open. I don't think it's a surprise but Alaska had popped up with most reasonably priced flights now for the same time frame this year. Looking at the First Class vs Economy the FC tickets aren't that bad even cash wise so I'm hoping they have some cheap fare buckets available on first release. But even right now, since this is a splurge trip anyway, I think I'd pay what they're asking if I can't find some points scheme that's better. (I've got bank bonuses in hand right now that would cover it :) )

I get that they're all small plans (I haven't found a route for us not using a 737) and it's not considered a luxury airline, so I understand it might not be up to plane princess standards, but in general is it a good upgrade over their economy?

My saving grace is hubby has no frame of reference for "first class". So there's no fear of disappointment, especially if I don't over pay for the seats, but I don't want him to think we should have just stuck with economy either. If we go Anchorage to home it's 8-9 hours of in-flight time and depending on the stop over probably at least 5 hours straight. Do you think Alaska FC would be good enough? And I keep finding mixed answers, do they open their schedule at 330 ish days? Will award space and cash space open up at the same time?

I like AS first class. It's plenty roomy, the food is good and they let you use their tablet for their in cabin entertainment instead of having to use your own phone/tablet. I like AS fc better than Delta fc which is my only other fc experience. Their economy is fine, it's been a long time since I've flown it because of living on the east coast but when I lived in CA and was flying home they were always my preferred airline. Now that they fly more places in the country they are still my preferred airline. I like their overall product better than the other domestic airlines. If it wasn't much more I would fly first especially since it'll cover your bags, get you a meal and an easier uses of their entertainment. Short flights like the one I'll do to SFO in Sept economy is good and not worth a higher price for an hour and a half flight.

Retailmenot DP

Spend $30+ at Walgreens get $10 back. I have x3 CFs did it on 2 different cards using 2 separate accounts. Bought a $50 gc both times. Chips and a soda with one purchase because I was hangry and Motrin with the other cause I needed it. Both $10 rewards posted today and I can use the deal again before it expires today and i will also register my 3rd card. Unfortunately cash back can only be transferred to PayPal. I was banned back in the churning days but said gc redemption coming soon so I’ll hold out for that!

ETA: Walgreens runs 7/27 and 7/28 posted today cash back

does this also work for gift cards at home depot and sam's

Well you have me nervous so I just started a sheet lol

View attachment 340522

I like the cell for "lots" in 2019. ;)

See the line, run full throttle past the line. LOL/24 seems like fun...

Holy cow, lots of posts since I made my original post. I really don't have good answers to everyone's questions. We don't have any specific travel dates in mind. As a family we usually go to one of the Disney parks every year. We are in the Houston area, so going to DL or WDW is just a matter of what we feel like doing. We are originally from CA and were AP's for many years, so we have been going to WDW more often. But I think a DL trip is in the near future.

My real goal was to find something that would earn greater rewards than $1 per $100 and we could use for the trips. Whether it be airline miles, hotels, etc.

Credit cards are all recently paid off, so that is also what is triggering the switch. Reconciling the bank account is so much easier when you limit the activity coming through it and just paying one payment to the credit card.

It maybe does not need to be mentioned but I will anyway...there are a ton of ways to pay for Disney trips and other trips but if you are going to do that you have to pay off all cards every month. That is understood on the thread. :)

DH downgraded his CSR to CFU. It will be 24 months since his bonus in December. We need CSR to book stuff for 2019 trips. Would you just wait & reapply or upgrade ? (Original plan was upgrade in October)
ETA oops 24 months for any Sapphire bonus right? Forgot DH got CSP 5/17

I tossed and turned all night thinking about the biz plat. As much as I want the MRs, I don’t think I want the stress of a 10k MSR. Amex are hard anyways but 10k is just a ridiculously high MSR for us, even if a visa. So, my fomo May get the better of me and I cave but gonna try to stay strong and resist!

I am in the exact same position!!! But when it comes down to it I am not comfortable doing any type of MS. I also would be afraid to try to meet the mortgage with plastiq. 10k is just too high. I could maybe do it but would be at expense of not using 10% off deals and more on gift cards on my Amex’s right now. It would also mean not using any gift cards for my upcoming Disney expenses.

I will just listen to my always practical DH of “there are always deals.”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter