I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone tell me what cards have the priority lounge access? One of my Hilton cards says it does, and I have enrolled in it at least half a dozen times, but I have NEVER gotten a card.

Agree eBay can be frustrating so open unpaid items claims etc.....99.9% of the time I have no issues.....but when issues come up it seems to come like yours in a row...and for me it’s worth it for the extra $$ though. If you remember...add those non payers to your blocked bidder list

Another eBay seller here who has had a couple of recent unpaid items issues. How do I block a particular bidder from my bidder list?

Holy cow, lots of posts since I made my original post. I really don't have good answers to everyone's questions. We don't have any specific travel dates in mind. As a family we usually go to one of the Disney parks every year. We are in the Houston area, so going to DL or WDW is just a matter of what we feel like doing. We are originally from CA and were AP's for many years, so we have been going to WDW more often. But I think a DL trip is in the near future.

My real goal was to find something that would earn greater rewards than $1 per $100 and we could use for the trips. Whether it be airline miles, hotels, etc.

Credit cards are all recently paid off, so that is also what is triggering the switch. Reconciling the bank account is so much easier when you limit the activity coming through it and just paying one payment to the credit card.

Picked up a $500 US Bank MCGC this morning, registered the MCGC, created a Masterpass wallet with the MCGC, linked Masterpass to Plastiq, set up a $250 payment to student loan servicer -- no fee, but then I got this error:

Please Call Your Card Issuer
We're sorry your card issuer has declined your payment to MOHELA.

Please select another payment method or contact your card issuer by phone and see why they have blocked this payment.

Error Code: 2025 Payment ID: *******

Need to poke around to see what's wrong. Don't want to call the bank.

Holy cow, lots of posts since I made my original post. I really don't have good answers to everyone's questions. We don't have any specific travel dates in mind. As a family we usually go to one of the Disney parks every year. We are in the Houston area, so going to DL or WDW is just a matter of what we feel like doing. We are originally from CA and were AP's for many years, so we have been going to WDW more often. But I think a DL trip is in the near future.

My real goal was to find something that would earn greater rewards than $1 per $100 and we could use for the trips. Whether it be airline miles, hotels, etc.

Credit cards are all recently paid off, so that is also what is triggering the switch. Reconciling the bank account is so much easier when you limit the activity coming through it and just paying one payment to the credit card.
I think the major question we are looking for an answer to is how deep you want to dive into this game. If you’re looking for one good card to put everything on we can probably give some recommendations but that’s not what we do around here. We are big on multiple cards and large bonuses. As an example, by signing up for 4 cards I can fully cover hotel and tickets for an on-site stay at Disney. If you aren’t interested in playing that game...then our advice will be a lot different.

Are you looking for one card or are you willing to apply for multiple cards? How many cards have you gotten in the last 24 months?

The CC points addiction has me looking ahead to the next card, since I've just finished SW biz MSR and will hit DH's Hilton Biz MSR within the month. Need some help with timing.

Me (last 2 yrs)
IHG 5/17
Amex hilton 7/17
SW (always forget which one, I don't use it) 1/18
SW biz 7/18, yeah for CP coming soon
sooo 3/24?

DH (last 2 yrs)
CSP (changed to FU) 2/17
Freedom 2/17
AU on IHG 7/17 and hilton 7/17 haven't removed him because haven't needed another chase
CIP 3/18
CIC 5/18
Amex hilton biz 7/18
sooo 4/24?

I'm thinking CSR for me sometime around Nov. I'd like to use the redemption rate on a trip to FL in April 2019 and CA in Aug 2019. Assuming I can transfer the UR in DH's account to mine. Also would like to get CIP for the 100K UR after DH's referral, to use in Aug 2019. And possibly the amex hilton biz for myself, probably staying at Hilton in Aug 2019. Space out each of these a few months apart?

No big plan for DH at this time. Probably SW cards at end of 2019 to get CP for 2020/21.

Seeking advice from Alaska Air flyers. Been pricing out return flights from Anchorage for next year's cruise, while waiting for the booking window to open. I don't think it's a surprise but Alaska had popped up with most reasonably priced flights now for the same time frame this year. Looking at the First Class vs Economy the FC tickets aren't that bad even cash wise so I'm hoping they have some cheap fare buckets available on first release. But even right now, since this is a splurge trip anyway, I think I'd pay what they're asking if I can't find some points scheme that's better. (I've got bank bonuses in hand right now that would cover it :) )

I get that they're all small plans (I haven't found a route for us not using a 737) and it's not considered a luxury airline, so I understand it might not be up to plane princess standards, but in general is it a good upgrade over their economy?

My saving grace is hubby has no frame of reference for "first class". So there's no fear of disappointment, especially if I don't over pay for the seats, but I don't want him to think we should have just stuck with economy either. If we go Anchorage to home it's 8-9 hours of in-flight time and depending on the stop over probably at least 5 hours straight. Do you think Alaska FC would be good enough? And I keep finding mixed answers, do they open their schedule at 330 ish days? Will award space and cash space open up at the same time?

Looking at the Caymans over the Christmas break. The cash rates are ridiculous!

Daughter is doing the Westin Cayman over spring break 2019. Which hotel are you looking at? I think she considered the Ritz because of a kids pool and then moved on, but now she has the Ritz card coming so not sure what she's up to. She also looked at a Kimpton and may have booked one or two nights there.

I work in IT, Its just something I feel the need to say quite often but can't. :cool1:

I was going to say that I think it's more in certain circles rather than an age thing. Took me a few minutes to remember what it was cuz I haven't heard it/seen it in a long while.

My long term plan is not very specific! Or very long... Though I think it shows who is Player 1 and who is Player 2 :P

I think I could sneak the Plat in there to keep me busy until I can have DH refer me for CIP. It it's not too risky, maybe get him CIC, but if I don't end up doing that maybe downgrade his CIP. I think I'd prioritize SW CP over the CIC if it's risky and over the double dip (at least doing CP first).

2018-07-31_10-45-44.jpg

Another eBay seller here who has had a couple of recent unpaid items issues. How do I block a particular bidder from my bidder list?

eBay keeps changing it...but the last time I did it...you into your account...then site preferences on the left....scroll down to buyer requirements....hit show...then edit...then buyer block exemption list...then the blocked buyer list will show up and add them there

I also put strict guidelines on the buyer requirements ..auto blocking buyers with 2unpaid item strikes in 12 months

I was looking to book the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge in Emeryville. Rates are 50K/night, but it will only show accessible standard rooms if I choose Pay with Points. At first I thought there must be a conference during my dates and those are the only rooms left, but once I unchecked Pay with Points all the room options popped up. Then I checked a bunch of random dates and the same thing happens. DH will be Diamond by December when we're going to CA, so I guess we should book an accessible standard and hope for an upgrade. I hate the idea of taking up an accessible room when we don't need it though.
Has anyone encountered this before?

yeah. ill have to doublecheck again. i believe US banks are all MC, no Visas.
Friend of mine needed help draining his $50 meta so he sent another friend $50 and zelle back.

I have a Walmart right around the corner and will try that for a money order.

Seeking advice from Alaska Air flyers. Been pricing out return flights from Anchorage for next year's cruise, while waiting for the booking window to open. I don't think it's a surprise but Alaska had popped up with most reasonably priced flights now for the same time frame this year. Looking at the First Class vs Economy the FC tickets aren't that bad even cash wise so I'm hoping they have some cheap fare buckets available on first release. But even right now, since this is a splurge trip anyway, I think I'd pay what they're asking if I can't find some points scheme that's better. (I've got bank bonuses in hand right now that would cover it :) )

I get that they're all small plans (I haven't found a route for us not using a 737) and it's not considered a luxury airline, so I understand it might not be up to plane princess standards, but in general is it a good upgrade over their economy

heh, was looking into an BA redemption doing AA metal. I also came across wondering if i should do J class or stick with Y class.
You should see how your flights go though, if u happen to find your AS flight to be an VX plane, it could be worth it. I have heard great things about VX's seats and how they are more generous than most US airlines. I double checked SeatGuru and it shows VX J class has an extra 10" pitch, meaning it goes a lot flatter than AS OEM planes.

Just got off the phone - I am now the proud owner of a Marriott N/F package! 120k RR points, Cat 1-5. So excited!:banana: I will now be checking my RR account constantly until I see the points in there. I was wavering on if I should get this because I got to looking at a very nice Marriott in Hawaii, but in the end I think having the RR points will be best. I'm hoping to get a decent return for the 7 night package, would like to use them/help with a 3-4 night stay at the Swan/Dolphin for F/W next year.

I totally have FOMO on the Biz Plat offer, but I don't think I could handle that right now, still have $2k or so left on my Citi AA Biz and not really sure what I'd do with MR's either because I haven't look into them much. I will probably be looking for a new card in the next month or so.

Am I crazy for considering this?

I am at 5/24 so out but DH is 4/24 he had
CFU (3x promo) hit credit report 5/31/18
Marriott premier 7/14/18

We will both be out of most Stariott options because of Marriott premiers each. I could apply him for Marriott Biz after the 14th before the restriction goes into play. Too risky? Too many chase apps for him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter