I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone help me out with using Chase UR points to purchase Delta flights via Air France/Flying Blue? I tried this for the first time last night, and everything seemed to go OK, but then Air France cancelled my purchase and asked me to contact their ticket office. As of this moment I have been on hold for 40 minutes trying to get through.

yeah, thats about all you can do... did u transfer yet? I heard KE works as well too... not sure which redemption is better though.

In order to use this, do you have to be paying for the nights? ie - not redeeming points for them?

Yes, which is fine for me as I would rarely find myself paying for a hotel with points that can be transferred to an airline. I get far more value for my points as airline miles, usually 2 - 6 cents per point than I would as cash at 1 cent per point.

Yes, which is fine for me as I would rarely find myself paying for a hotel with points that can be transferred to an airline. I get far more value for my points as airline miles, usually 2 - 6 cents per point than I would as cash at 1 cent per point.

your right... only hotel i find worth it is Hyatt. :P minimum 35k for Marriott. SPG is like 10k though... Hyatt wins with 15k when using UR!

SPea
good buffets in vegas??

Instant approval for the targeted United 70k offer and it's already showing on my Chase account. I will also be applying for the CSP sometime today, but a little nervous what to say if I need to call recon. I have CSR and it is so superior that any explanation other than I just want the points and will be PCing as soon as possible comes off phony. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I received an email from SW that I an 1/2 way to the CP :-). I just finished the spend on the business card but the charges didn't post before the statement closed. I should have been more aggressive but didn't really get the statement date/closing date correlation, hopefully that does't bite me in the end.

good buffets in vegas??

Oh for sure. Our most recent Vegas trip though we didn't go to any of the buffets. We went to Joel Robuchon for DH's birthday and each did the tasting menu. It was one of those once in a lifetime dining experiences. We also ate at Lakeside which was really cool! I just remembered that we didn't stay at the Bellagio last time. That was the year before. We stayed at the Wynn. Both are lovely hotels!

Instant approval for the targeted United 70k offer and it's already showing on my Chase account. I will also be applying for the CSP sometime today, but a little nervous what to say if I need to call recon. I have CSR and it is so superior that any explanation other than I just want the points and will be PCing as soon as possible comes off phony. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I received an email from SW that I an 1/2 way to the CP :-). I just finished the spend on the business card but the charges didn't post before the statement closed. I should have been more aggressive but didn't really get the statement date/closing date correlation, hopefully that does't bite me in the end.

Congrats! Tell them you wanted to have a card with benefits similar to the CSR card that you could use for your business expenses as you like to keep them separate from your personal expenses. 2x dining would be great when you have to take clients to lunch. 2x travel is perfect for when you need to go to a trade show or conference and having primary car rental insurance on those trips is a plus. Therefore the CSP seemed like the wisest choice.

Oh for sure. Our most recent Vegas trip though we didn't go to any of the buffets. We went to Joel Robuchon for DH's birthday and each did the tasting menu. It was one of those once in a lifetime dining experiences. We also ate at Lakeside which was really cool! I just remembered that we didn't stay at the Bellagio last time. That was the year before. We stayed at the Wynn. Both are lovely hotels!

Congrats! Tell them you wanted to have a card with benefits similar to the CSR card that you could use for your business expenses as you like to keep them separate from your personal expenses. 2x dining would be great when you have to take clients to lunch. 2x travel is perfect for when you need to go to a trade show or conference and having primary car rental insurance on those trips is a plus. Therefore the CSP seemed like the wisest choice.
Perfect! thank you. You all are planting a Las Vegas bug in me. After thinking about it, it would be the perfect quick family getaway.

Congratulations! You're on your way to Aulani!

As for the CSP, I've thought about adding it to my lineup and if Chase even bothered to ask I might say something like, love the CSR but it has such a high annual fee, but I don't want to cancel it just yet, so I want to try the CSP, which has similar benefits with a lower annual fee.

Perfect! thank you. You all are planting a Las Vegas bug in me. After thinking about it, it would be the perfect quick family getaway.

You're welcome! Vegas is a perfect quick getaway since it is so easy to plan. That's how we wound up going. We were trying to think of where to go for DH's Bday. We'd considered the Faroe Islands but decided we wanted to be there longer than a couple of days. We considered Costa Rica but decided we'd rather go in the summer or spring. Everything else we came up with seemed to need serious planning and travel hacking and finally just decided Vegas since we could just book the flights and hotel in 5 minutes and figure everything else out later. That's what we did. I spent 10 minutes on TripAdvisor after booking hotel and flights and knew where we were dining, what shows we were seeing and that we could get a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon and surrounding areas with a champagne lunch in the Grand Canyon to boot. It was probably the easiest trip I've ever planned.

I noticed under my Amex Offers that there is a bonus for referrals - if you refer someone for one of their cards, after they're approved and meet a minimum spend, you receive bonus points. Does anyone know if Chase also offers bonuses for any card referrals?

I noticed under my Amex Offers that there is a bonus for referrals - if you refer someone for one of their cards, after they're approved and meet a minimum spend, you receive bonus points. Does anyone know if Chase also offers bonuses for any card referrals?

You can check here to see if any of your chase cards has a referral link available:

https://www.chase.com/referafriend/catch-all

Good luck!

Yes they do.

Sounds a bit like me. My dog is currently on prescription dog food to the tune of $150/month. Sadly my DH sells wholesale pet foods but cannot get the prescription foods. Last summer vet hills helped meet spend on a couple cards.
Hope your pet is doing better

I owe my Companion Pass to my cat, Marvin. He's still hanging in there but his treatment costs continue to pile up, so he's helping us with the SPG min spend at the moment.
The irony is that we have the CP, but Marvin needs a lot of hands-on care so we can't use it as long as he's with us. Not that I'm complaining...my buddy is fighting hard to stick around a little longer.

Trying to decide where I should go from here. I'm at 6/24, with 2 dropping off in 2 months which if I'm calculating correctly would put me under 5/24 for Chase in July. DH is at 4/24 so I'm thinking of getting him a new card before our June DW trip. We are upgrading our tickets to an AP and I'll probably use Disney gc to pay for that. I figured getting him a new card to pay for the Disney gcs would be easy minimum spend for a bonus.

I'm thinking the CSP would be the best next step for him, but I'm not sure if he'll be approved for another Chase card. We have kind of hit Chase hard since the beginning of the year. He obtained the following just this year:
CSR 02/04/17, SW Premier 02/21/17, SW Plus 03/07/17, Disney Visa 03/29/17

I also know the Marriott 100k bonus is ending soon, so I'm second guessing the CSP and wondering if we should go for the Marriott instead. Not really sure why though....LOL. I suppose it's the huge bonus that is enticing me. We are really only looking at several DW trips over the next year or so, and I've been focusing on getting CP for SW and getting UR since I can use those to book Disney resorts. Haven't really been thinking about points any other type of travel lately.

We do have a 5 day Vegas trip planned with my cousin and her DH for next February. I'm super thrilled about that as we've never been there and I've always said I wanted to go. My cousin already has their hotel booked (at the Flamingo, which I know nothing about) so I suppose we'll be checking into that hotel to get our room booked with them. I'm not sure if there are any cards that might help with that trip.

I know these kinds of decisions are different for everyone based on their travel needs and style. Just looking for some input. Do you guys think it would be wise for us to try for the CSP for DH? The Marriott instead? Should we do both (as long as we can meet spend of course)? Other suggestions?

Depending on your chosen airline you may be able to get airline gift cards to trigger the incidental airline fee. We never have incidental fees since we are always in first. Our chosen airline is AA so I purchase 2 separate $100 AA gift cards over a couple of days. I love this credit and love letting my gift cards pile up. They come in handy when I decide I need to fly somewhere without proper planning and can't find what I want with miles.

I love, love, love the Fine Hotels and Resorts benefit! Room upgrade, late check in and check out, $100 resort credit and free breakfast. Some properties offer 3rd or 4th night free too. QUOTE]

Thanks! Is there a way of finding out in advance whether gift cards for your chosen airline will trigger the incidental airline fee credit? I chose United because we fly it the most frequently and are most likely to have incidental expenses on some of those flights for food or video unit rentals (I get free checked bags on United because of the Club card). But if United gift cards don't trigger the benefit and SW gift cards do, then I could change to SW in Jan. and buy SW gift cards because we also fly SW a fair amount back to the Bay Area from Boise.

So with the Fine Hotels and Resorts benefit, is it just a matter of going on to the Amex website under that benefit, finding a hotel in the destination you are looking for and booking through the site? Is the hotel list fairly extensive? Just want to make sure I understand exactly how this works.

yeah, thats about all you can do... did u transfer yet? I heard KE works as well too... not sure which redemption is better though.
Haven't tried the Air France route. Have done KE route. It it's been a weird but perfectly acceptable experience. I would do it again (I think, I haven't taken the flights yet admittedly).

@trstno1 I take it you have already transferred points from UR to Flying Blue? If so Chase is out here and you are dealing only with flying blue. Miles cannot go back to Chase after they have been transferred. You have flying blue miles and you need to redeem them, their customer service is your only shot for this. (If you have trouble getting hold of people on the phone you could try Air France's twitter account using the Direct Message feature. I have NO idea if they are any help, or any good, but I have had success with domestic airlines getting customer service via Twitter DM.)

You're welcome! Vegas is a perfect quick getaway since it is so easy to plan. That's how we wound up going. We were trying to think of where to go for DH's Bday. We'd considered the Faroe Islands but decided we wanted to be there longer than a couple of days. We considered Costa Rica but decided we'd rather go in the summer or spring. Everything else we came up with seemed to need serious planning and travel hacking and finally just decided Vegas since we could just book the flights and hotel in 5 minutes and figure everything else out later. That's what we did. I spent 10 minutes on TripAdvisor after booking hotel and flights and knew where we were dining, what shows we were seeing and that we could get a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon and surrounding areas with a champagne lunch in the Grand Canyon to boot. It was probably the easiest trip I've ever planned.
Vegas is adult Disney world. It's not so easy to plan when you have kids. We've settled on the strip, the premium outlets, the museum of natural history, and Las Vegas comic con as well as the Grand Canyon bus tour. That should keep us busy for 4 nights. We will also hit up a buffet. Not sure which one..

Yes just go to the site and book but you must have the Amex Platinum card, not the delta platinum or Mercedes platinum or Ameriprise platinum.. just the regular Platinum card.

Trying to decide where I should go from here. I'm at 6/24, with 2 dropping off in 2 months which if I'm calculating correctly would put me under 5/24 for Chase in July. DH is at 4/24 so I'm thinking of getting him a new card before our June DW trip. We are upgrading our tickets to an AP and I'll probably use Disney gc to pay for that. I figured getting him a new card to pay for the Disney gcs would be easy minimum spend for a bonus.

I'm thinking the CSP would be the best next step for him, but I'm not sure if he'll be approved for another Chase card. We have kind of hit Chase hard since the beginning of the year. He obtained the following just this year:
CSR 02/04/17, SW Premier 02/21/17, SW Plus 03/07/17, Disney Visa 03/29/17

I also know the Marriott 100k bonus is ending soon, so I'm second guessing the CSP and wondering if we should go for the Marriott instead. Not really sure why though....LOL. I suppose it's the huge bonus that is enticing me. We are really only looking at several DW trips over the next year or so, and I've been focusing on getting CP for SW and getting UR since I can use those to book Disney resorts. Haven't really been thinking about points any other type of travel lately.

We do have a 5 day Vegas trip planned with my cousin and her DH for next February. I'm super thrilled about that as we've never been there and I've always said I wanted to go. My cousin already has their hotel booked (at the Flamingo, which I know nothing about) so I suppose we'll be checking into that hotel to get our room booked with them. I'm not sure if there are any cards that might help with that trip.

I know these kinds of decisions are different for everyone based on their travel needs and style. Just looking for some input. Do you guys think it would be wise for us to try for the CSP for DH? The Marriott instead? Should we do both (as long as we can meet spend of course)? Other suggestions?

I currently hold 9 Chase cards. 8 are consumer and one is a business card. I will always recommend going after variable points cards like CSP and CSR as the points are more valuable. If you can make the spend then go for both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter