I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! I paid it a few days ago and it shows a zero balance. Still the same amount of points as before. Any thoughts?

Has your new statement cut yet? I know on any of my rewards cards, I don't get any rewards credited to my account until the statement cuts.

I don't want to lie though, and if I put my true income from my "business" there's no way I'd be approved. I don't know if I want to potentially waste the hard pull.

hmm... i guess u need at least 15k+ income from your business to get the card...

hmm... i guess u need at least 15k+ income from your business to get the card...

I read one article, it might have been on Million Mile Secrets, that said it's okay to combine your "day job" income with the business income on the application, but that seems weird to me. I wouldn't feel comfortable with that unless I found more DPs first.

Thank you! I paid it a few days ago and it shows a zero balance. Still the same amount of points as before. Any thoughts?
mine took about 6 days to show as pending and then was not available to use until the next statement cut. i was good to see it sitting in the pending spot though.

do i want the barclay arrival + card? $50,000 bonus miles (points). 5% of miles back when redemed for travel. 2X miles on all purchases. $89 annual fee waved 1st year.
got a preselected mailer for it. thinking.....

Both my husband and I did it - paid for most of our park tickets, then closed the account before getting hit with the annual fee.

I read one article, it might have been on Million Mile Secrets, that said it's okay to combine your "day job" income with the business income on the application, but that seems weird to me. I wouldn't feel comfortable with that unless I found more DPs first.

honestly, I applied as a startup with $0 revenue and was approved the same day.............

Question for the experts: can I remove myself as an AU from DH's CSP to free up a spot for the 5/24 rule? I'm currently at 3/24 with 2 AUs and an Amazon store card. I'm going to go for the Companion Pass in December, so I need those two open slots, but I'd also love to get my own CSR for the sign up bonus.

Question for the experts: can I remove myself as an AU from DH's CSP to free up a spot for the 5/24 rule? I'm currently at 3/24 with 2 AUs and an Amazon store card. I'm going to go for the Companion Pass in December, so I need those two open slots, but I'd also love to get my own CSR for the sign up bonus.

it might... if you tell chase about the 5/24 rule, they will tell you no such rule exist... haha.

First statement closed today, paid it off and confirmed with rep that 100,000 UR will post on Dec 6 statement. Wohoo!!!.

In other news, I cancelled my spg card and linked my spg account with Marriott. I transferred remaining spg points to Marriott. The redemption for higher category hotels seem much better with Marriott. I am staying in a category 6 for about the same points as an spg category 4.

the only experience I have is this one.. I was an AU on my parents card and I had it closed when I started opening my own cards. It still shows on my account as a closed account.. which makes me mad because it's technically not a closed account. I may dispute it to get it removed but who knows.

My recon agent acknowledged the rule when I contacted them about my CSR application. I am an AU on my husband's cards and I just told them that is only for emergency purposes if something were to happen and they removed them from consideration and re-evaluated and approved my application.

it might... if you tell chase about the 5/24 rule, they will tell you no such rule exist... haha.

Personal banker that I do business with at Chase confirmed the 5/24 to me. Perhaps that was in "confidence".

Question,

I have the CSR, should get my points in a week or two. I'm planning to use the portal to purchase flights on Delta or to purchase via Korean Air (whichever works out better). If I get the Delta Gold card, can I somehow still get the free checked bag per ticket even though I didn't use the Delta Amex card to buy the tickets?

Also, does the Chase Ink Plus apply to the 5/24 rule? I'm at 4/24 now and for a few months but thinking to get the Ink Plus before it goes away. I also would like to get a Freedom card at some point.

Question,

I have the CSR, should get my points in a week or two. I'm planning to use the portal to purchase flights on Delta or to purchase via Korean Air (whichever works out better). If I get the Delta Gold card, can I somehow still get the free checked bag per ticket even though I didn't use the Delta Amex card to buy the tickets?

Also, does the Chase Ink Plus apply to the 5/24 rule? I'm at 4/24 now and for a few months but thinking to get the Ink Plus before it goes away. I also would like to get a Freedom card at some point.

I have read that you simply need to be a card member in good standing to get the free bag.

Yes, 5/24 applies to both the Ink+ and the Freedom.

My dh was at 3/24 and an AU on 2 of my cards. He was denied, called recon 2 times and they denied the 5/24 rule...would never approve him for the CSR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter