I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I'm cleaning out my credit card "wallet." We have so many expired or replaced metal cards. I use to put the plastic cards through the shredder or cut them up.

What do people do with the old metal ones?

I remember there have been times I was sent an envelope in which to send back the expired card back when I got a new one. I don't remember getting them recently.

Also, I have multiple cards from different banks and for different people. I don't want to get chuck them in the garbage. Some of these cards are still in use, just expired. I also don't want to send 10+ separate envelopes back to Chase/Amex/CO, assuming I get the"recycling" address somewhere online.

What does everyone else do with all these indestructible metal cards?

Eta: maybe I should use them to make a back splash in the kitchen! :rotfl:

I've just had AmEx and I chatted with them and they sent me an envelope. It took a long time to get to me (around a month if I remember correctly), but it finally came and I sent it back to them

Hey Europe travelers. Narrowing down our 2025 trip. Doing a tour group. One goes to Germany, Austria, Prague and Hungary. The other Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Pros and Cons on eavh one. Both 10 days and similar in price. Anyone have any recommendations and why. Also the companies we are looking at are Traflagar, Collette and Globus. Anyone have any experience with these groups.
If you go to the Adventures by Disney forum here in the DIS there is a sub thread called Other Options. I’m pretty sure all of those have been mentioned in there with feedback.

Both of your options sound amazing! I will say I think Prague was a very cool city and I’d love to return.

Last edited:
I'm cleaning out my credit card "wallet." We have so many expired or replaced metal cards. I use to put the plastic cards through the shredder or cut them up.

What do people do with the old metal ones?

I remember there have been times I was sent an envelope in which to send back the expired card back when I got a new one. I don't remember getting them recently.

Also, I have multiple cards from different banks and for different people. I don't want to get chuck them in the garbage. Some of these cards are still in use, just expired. I also don't want to send 10+ separate envelopes back to Chase/Amex/CO, assuming I get the"recycling" address somewhere online.

What does everyone else do with all these indestructible metal cards?

Eta: maybe I should use them to make a back splash in the kitchen! :rotfl:

Metal cutters or power tools 🙂

I think I actually straight up threw some away not long ago but they were buried in gross trash.

But like others have said they provide envelopes. I think at one point they sent them with the renewal card. At this point I think just tossing them has less risk then sending it in the mail. 🤷

I am new to credit card rewards points, so please take it easy on me. 😝 I got the chase freedom flex with SUB to pay off the last part of my upcoming Disney trip. Does anyone know since walt disney world codes as travel if it will count towards the next quarter bonuses for hotels?

Love hearing that! Thanks. My father isn't being supportive and says he doesn't understand. I hope he'll come around. No matter, we have the resources and love to bring some little ones who need it into our family. And I can't wait to take our kids to Disney!
I’m adopted from birth as well. Love to hear someone is choosing to adopt!

Hey Europe travelers. Narrowing down our 2025 trip. Doing a tour group. One goes to Germany, Austria, Prague and Hungary. The other Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Pros and Cons on eavh one. Both 10 days and similar in price. Anyone have any recommendations and why. Also the companies we are looking at are Traflagar, Collette and Globus. Anyone have any experience with these groups.
I think it depends on the itinerary and what you like to do when traveling. We are outdoorsy so I would most likely pick the Switzerland one.

I am new to credit card rewards points, so please take it easy on me. 😝 I got the chase freedom flex with SUB to pay off the last part of my upcoming Disney trip. Does anyone know since walt disney world codes as travel if it will count towards the next quarter bonuses for hotels?
It codes as travel but not as a hotel.

Hi friends! Hoping you can refresh my memory, as it's been quite a while since I had to do this.
Does Chase require a phone call to add a household member for pooling URs? Recently had to get a replacement CSR (too long of a visit to Nomad Lounge before heading to the airport on a recent trip and lost my card somewhere along the way...LOL). In DHs Chase account it's still showing the old card to combine points, so of course it won't allow me to combine. Was hoping I could get this done online somehow since DH hates calling in.
Yes, my experience is that you have to call the first time, but make sure to ask the rep to have it so the card shows up on the account going forward. The first time I called to transfer, his card didn't show up in my options, it was just done by the phone rep. The second time, a phone rep said something along the lines of making sure to link it in my account in addition to transferring the points and I've been able to do my own ever since.

Only other thought: do you have any other open Chase cards that he shows to send points to, then you do the internal transfer from that card to your CSR? (I totally get it on hating to make that call. My husband would rather do just about anything else.)

If the charges go through a Disney World hotel they should. So, you need to charge back to your room and then pay your hotel bill with the CFF. Anything charged to the room should then show up as a hotel charge. Won't work for mobile orders as you cannot charge them to your room.

ETA- ooh, restaurants are a cat too! do wdw mobile orders code as restaurants?

Last edited:

I can't speak to the groups themselves since I've not done tour groups with any of them (except to say if you win on Wheel of Fortune they send people on Collette tours :laughing: ). I would compare how much time you get in each place v time in transit and the lodging with each company (*unless that's not important at all to you; I'm just one of those who considers the hotel a vital part of the entire trip).

Just off the top of my head...

Pros for Prague, CZ and Hungary-some amazing architecture and history from the years behind the Iron Curtain. Neither is as expensive as Switzerland. If you love beer then Prague is a fun place to go-it's literally cheaper than carbonated beverages and (bottled) water for sure. Chimney cakes are yummy in Prague and strudel and other pastries as well as the huge food market in Budapest (apparently I'm getting ready for dinner, lol). Both old towns are just...charming.

Cons- Prague is busy busy (very popular place for stag/hen parties) and I think they get MUCH warmer if you're going in the summer. 🥵

Switzerland is beautiful and clean but $$$$$$$. I'd think it would be cooler in the summer but IF there's a heat wave I doubt many hotels are accustomed to handling that.

Honestly, I don't think you can go wrong with either choice! 😊

Hi friends! Hoping you can refresh my memory, as it's been quite a while since I had to do this.
Does Chase require a phone call to add a household member for pooling URs? Recently had to get a replacement CSR (too long of a visit to Nomad Lounge before heading to the airport on a recent trip and lost my card somewhere along the way...LOL). In DHs Chase account it's still showing the old card to combine points, so of course it won't allow me to combine. Was hoping I could get this done online somehow since DH hates calling in.

Been awhile for me too, but I was able to do it via SM last time.

Looks like you can book Aer Lingus ON Aer Lingus now! But looks like biz class tickets bumped up to 60k each way. But maybe that's because all I can pull up right now are summer availability. I guess I stalk now daily to see for Ireland 2025. UGH.

Outside of using a card on an actual stay, looks like you can only max $50 out of the Hilton Biz credit, right? I might keep the card since I'll renew at $95. I was planning on dropping it. But I guess I can stock pile a bunch of GCs to possibly offset our fav resort. Looks like it's becoming a lot more popular now, and very few "standard nights" are available.

1st one
Budapest is one of my favorite places. Austria is absolutely beautiful. southern germany as well. Prague is also incredible. fantastic food. I always do my own so can't help on the tour groups

If the charges go through a Disney World hotel they should. So, you need to charge back to your room and then pay your hotel bill with the CFF. Anything charged to the room should then show up as a hotel charge. Won't work for mobile orders as you cannot charge them to your room.

ETA- ooh, restaurants are a cat too! do wdw mobile orders code as restaurants?
Good to know this!! Thank you!

Help me understand timing. The annual fee on my Surpass posted yesterday (3/27). I want to cancel the card, but it seems like I can order another $50 gc on 4/1 first, and then cancel....right? But what happens to the statement credit if I've canceled the card? Do I still get it, or do I need to wait to cancel until the credit appears?

This is my first time canceling a card, so I'm trying to get it right!

Help me understand timing. The annual fee on my Surpass posted yesterday (3/27). I want to cancel the card, but it seems like I can order another $50 gc on 4/1 first, and then cancel....right? But what happens to the statement credit if I've canceled the card? Do I still get it, or do I need to wait to cancel until the credit appears?

Amex will fully refund the annual fee if canceled within 30 days. The credit should post well before that deadline, but you can receive statement credits on closed cards if the credit is delayed (the terms and conditions say 10-12 weeks, but it's usually much faster than that).

I have to make a property tax today, don't have any MSR cards. It's $1,500, which card would you use.
Hyatt 1X - but gets me closer to 2 additional qualifying nights
CIU 1.5X
Hilton Surpass - towards FNC.

OK, for the IHG FNC, we have one from the Premier card that will be expiring before we can use it. Has anyone successfully gotten theirs extended or gotten points for it recently? We can literally use it less than 30 days after expiration. I tried chatting with IHG, and no dice. If you were successful, did you call Chase or IHG? Not sure who best to contact to see what can be done...
***** @Crazed4DisneyinSC forgot to comment. Doubt you will get anywhere with anyone on that. Do you know anyone that will use it that you would be happy giving to in your family? They will put someone else on a reservation for it usually.

Good to know this!! Thank you!
One other thing - the charges have to be April 1 to June 30 to credit and you do have to click 'activate' in the rewards section.

This is one time where the $49 fee Disney card would have paid out more for you as it is at $400 sub for $1k spend. There's still time but only if you are not planning a lot of signups as it will take up a spot.

Last edited:
I'm sorry I'm so far behind.

Do we know, is Chase sending out amended 1099's for something? I have two, and I believe they were for a support bonus, and also for the points I got from opening the Marriot/Bonvoy card. I thought I had seen some discussion about possibly amended 1099 for the Bonvoy points.

We are SO far behind on our taxes this year (oops!) so I am finally getting my things together.

Thank you!

Just got a credit in March. I ordered and the charge (51.95) posted March 6. The credit posted March 12, leaving $1.95 balance.

Depending on timing, you should be able to close within the 30 days and have the AF refunded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter