I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Anyone have luck with this? I still haven't gotten my status matched. I have the Wyndham Biz Earners card that gives me Diamond status. I've re-submitted 3 times since Feb 1. 😞
I DMed them on Twitter per Lynn’s suggestion. They were able to confirm that Wyndham had confirmed my Diamond status, and I was matched the next day. Good luck. This matching process is SO frustrating - especially compared to MGM/Hyatt!

I DMed them on Twitter per Lynn’s suggestion. They were able to confirm that Wyndham had confirmed my Diamond status, and I was matched the next day. Good luck. This matching process is SO frustrating - especially compared to MGM/Hyatt!
Thank you! I will try that.

You can have multiple Ink cards, btw

DH just got approved for his second yesterday. That's now a total of 4 in our household lol
I'd rather not play any games with Chase besides my sole proprietorship card due to the nature of my relationship with Chase. I would rather go with another provider or open a different Chase card.

I think you'll find enough to do and leave some time to chill.
We're doing 3 nights/4 nights at Andaz Papagayo and Los Altos which is not much to me and we've been to CR twice before. If you want to hit 'everything' take a planned and guided group tour (ie Caravan. Com) and they'll drive you everywhere in 10 days. Otherwise I think your plan sounds good. We are doing 1 day adventure tour while at Andaz (ziplining, tubing, hot springs, hike to waterfalls) and at Los Altos I've booked a private guide for Manuel Antonio park and a sunset cruise (https://www.aquaquepos.com/). We leave in 30 days, I'll let you know how they are afterwards. Both MA excursions were booked through the Chase portal. Check out activities on the portal. There's also things like horseback riding, kayaking and hikes to waterfalls.
Thanks for the input! If 4 nights at Los Altos isn't much to you, then it sounds like we'd be really happy with 5 nights there. My worry was not enough to do, but it doesn't sound like that's the case. The pics of the hotel and area look gorgeous, and honestly I can spend a whole day sitting by the pool and be content, lol. Yes, I saw lots of awesome activities on the Chase portal... we'd probably definitely book ziplining and ATVs through the portal as the points price I saw was really good! Even the horseback riding was a good price. With our Japan trip in May, I just feel like we are going to be run run run everywhere trying to fit so much in, that it's not going to be a relaxing type trip at all, and I'm starting to think Costa Rica would be better just going one place and chilling out more. Plus we're only working with around 7-8 total days for Costa Rica, including arrival/departure days.

I'd rather not play any games with Chase besides my sole proprietorship card due to the nature of my relationship with Chase. I would rather go with another provider or open a different Chase card.
Do you have all 3 Chase Ink cards? They're all separate. If you have a CIC, completely fair game and expected to get a CIU or vice versa. Plus when did you get the sign up on your current Ink Cash? They only have 24 month restriction, so you could still get the same card and be within the terms if you got the bonus over 2 years ago. No games.

CIC and CIU are the best value right now with 90k points for 6k MSR and no AF. But if you have a really large spend the CIP is still offering 100k for 15k MSR (but $95 AF). Something to consider with no card family restrictions on the Ink cards. $990 minimum value of a CIU bonus is hard to beat at the moment.

If you're looking to avoid the Inks, I do think you can find good elevated offers for the Amex Plat. We have several in our family. Since you mention taxes, etc, it's always good to check that your tax provider will take Amex before you go that route.

Also, you don't mention if you have a P2, but sometimes it's nice to have your P2 get a second of the same card, because then you can send them a support link and earn additional points that way. So if there's a card you already have, factor that in as a bonus bonus.

The Chase IHG Premier card has an elevated offer for 175k pts SUB for $3k/3mos MSR, which is an all time high. Not sure if you have any need for IHG points.

It wouldn't be Virgin but wondering what types of excursions. DS would love to swim with dolphins but I'd rather do something eco friendly, not captive dolphins.
There were several excursions but we had planned on a relaxing beach day so I didn't pay attention to those. In October the ocean was FULL of jellyfish. So we headed to the pool ;). I do know some people did go out on some excursions. We had lunch with a couple that were going to do something after but I can't remember what. I'm sorry I am not more helpful. Enjoy your time there, whatever you do! (I can ask my sister what is offered on her cruise and let you know next week.)

🤫
Care to see our top Secrets???

Did you seriously think it would be that easy???...you gotta read the thread to learn about those!!!

Some other related threads that may be of interest:

• HOTEL Reviews thread - reviews completed by our very own folks right here! This thread has not been getting as much activity as it used to, and some info might be outdated.
  • DISNEY Gift Cards Discussion - Churning credit cards and purchasing Disney Gift Cards at times can go hand in hand. Also there is a lot of overlap posters there and here.
You might also consider jumping into our Reddit group called DISchurners which contains helpful information such as Trip tips, Advanced strategies, etc. If you wish to join, just ask how, it's open to ALL who happen upon our happy little thread here!

PLEASE ALSO BE ADVISED THAT CERTAIN ADVANCED STRATEGIES AND LOOPHOLES ARE NOT DISCUSSED OPENLY ON THE DISBOARDS THREAD. THIS IS FOR THE PROTECTION OF THE STRATEGY AND THOSE USING THEM. IF YOU HAPPEN TO MENTION ONE OF THESE, YOU MAY RECEIVE A GENTLE NUDGE TO TAKE THE TOPIC ELSEWHERE. PLEASE DO NOT BE OFFENDED BY THAT!
How can we join the reddit site?

For those that didn't get the Celebrity Amex offers for spending $1,000 and get 35k MRs and/or spend $500 get 17.5k MRs and may have had some FOMO going on, check again. DH just got another one on another card. I now have them on 3 AU cards and my own BBP card. We will be walking away with nearly 180k MRs from these all together.

For those that didn't get the Celebrity Amex offers for spending $1,000 and get 35k MRs and/or spend $500 get 17.5k MRs and may have had some FOMO going on, check again. DH just got another one on another card. I now have them on 3 AU cards and my own BBP card. We will be walking away with nearly 180k MRs from these all together.
Ok help me please. I thought with AMEX offers, you could only add an offer to one card per player?

Ok help me please. I thought with AMEX offers, you could only add an offer to one card per player?
Usually that is the case. Sometimes it’s a YMMV. DH had the 35k and 17.5k AOs on two different business cards. He got another one today on a different business card. I got one on my BBP and 3 others on AU cards. If I recall, we had a very similar scenario with Celebrity AOs last year that we used towards the Galapagos trip.

You could make Guest of Honor bookings before your status expires and keep the benefits for those reservations. Confirmed by the Hyatt Concierge on FT. Link

I don't know if GOH works with points advance though.

This is great to know. I thought I had read that it wasn't possible to do this, so I'm quite happy to see that it is.

Thank you so much! I was really sad that we didn't have those offers on either card and I kept checking just in case, even last night. Thanks to your post I checked again tonight and found it on four cards! :goodvibes

Does anyone know if I book a DVC rental through David's if the CSP trip insurance would cover it or should I buy a separate policy? Flights were already paid for with the CSP. Thanks!

I have 4 ink business cards and 1 Southwest business card.
DH has 3 ink business cards.
The SUB is currently elevated, 90k URs/$6,000 MSR
Hmmm, I am getting ready to apply for an Ink tomorrow for DH. Can you have hold 2 cards with the same EIN? I would prefer to get the CIU instead of the CIC, but we already have one in that business name. We have opened another LLC in January, so I could go that route but worried about the LLC being so new. The current CIU is under a different login and I haven't had DH call in to change in 2+ years. Don't want to have 3 logins for DH!

Last edited:
Thank you so much! I was really sad that we didn't have those offers on either card and I kept checking just in case, even last night. Thanks to your post I checked again tonight and found it on four cards! :goodvibes
You’re welcome! I was sad I didn’t have it on mine and so excited that they were there today.

You’re welcome! I was sad I didn’t have it on mine and so excited that they were there today.
All right, this is SO tempting! Just use split payment to book a refundable cruise, then figure out the actual cruise later--is that correct?

Also, has anyone used Costco to book a cruise lately? They were my go-to for DCL cruises but it's been a few years since we've cruised.

Oh no, not games, as others pointed out. But you should do what you feel comfortable with. These INK offers are just so good rn I had to vote for them.
Got it on my Plat and on DH's Plat & Biz Plat! Now to find an itinerary we like 🙂

For my fellow T-Mobile customers… a lot of talk going on over on DoC about changes to their autopay. T-Mobile is doing away with the $5/line autopay discount on cc, and you now need to use a debit/checking to get the discount. Which really sucks… that’s $15/mo for our family lines, no cell phone protection if you can’t use a card, no cc points earned, etc. Not sure what I’m gonna do…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter