I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Sooo is there any way to maintain/gain Hilton status that doesn't involve a stay?
The Aspire card will get you Diamond status or a lot(I think $40K spend ?) on the Surpass or biz card but if you don't want to stay at a Hilton (no judgement, I don't, normally) then why would you want status?

I see there are new SUB for the Chase IHG Cards. (175,000 Premier, 120,000 Traveler and 140,000 Biz) Are these good offers? Have never had these cards before.

Almost done with my CP with SW with cards opened in Beginning of November and End of December. So, I need to lay low with Chase for a few more months. And I am 4/24 with 2 falling off in April.

DH is now at 1/24 so will be looking for a new card under his name. Not sure if I should try for another INK (he has 2 CIU And 1- CIC) with the increased offer or go for one of the IHG Cards.... Or Cap One Venture.

Hmmm.. what to do....

Tried again for AMEX Platinum and both of us "do not qualify".

I see there are new SUB for the Chase IHG Cards. (175,000 Premier, 120,000 Traveler and 140,000 Biz) Are these good offers? Have never had these cards before.

Almost done with my CP with SW with cards opened in Beginning of November and End of December. So, I need to lay low with Chase for a few more months. And I am 4/24 with 2 falling off in April.

DH is now at 1/24 so will be looking for a new card under his name. Not sure if I should try for another INK (he has 2 CIU And 1- CIC) with the increased offer or go for one of the IHG Cards.... Or Cap One Venture.

Hmmm.. what to do....

Tried again for AMEX Platinum and both of us "do not qualify".
DH and I both carry the IHG Premier and the Club (no longer offered) cards. I think the highest SUB I've ever seen for the Premier is 150K and AF waived. So 175K seems to be a good offer, imo. We do get value out of ours each year with the FNC, fourth night free, and we've used the TSA Pre reimbursement on both ours as well. These are cards we keep and don't churn, although at some point we may start churning the Premier...

Where did you see these new SUBs by the way? I checked Chase, and even incognito, and didn't see these elevated offers.
ETA: Nevermind, I see it on DoC.

DH and I both carry the IHG Premier and the Club (no longer offered) cards. I think the highest SUB I've ever seen for the Premier is 150K and AF waived. So 175K seems to be a good offer, imo. We do get value out of ours each year with the FNC, fourth night free, and we've used the TSA Pre reimbursement on both ours as well. These are cards we keep and don't churn, although at some point we may start churning the Premier...

Where did you see these new SUBs by the way? I checked Chase, and even incognito, and didn't see these elevated offers.
ETA: Nevermind, I see it on DoC.
Thanks. Maybe I will go for 1 or 2 of these if the SUB's stay around awhile. Really would like to use them at Holiday Inn Orange Lake Resort. Looks like points for the Waterpark Units seem harder to get but the other units look bookable on points. (unless someone has a trick to get the River Island Units on points).

Thanks. Maybe I will go for 1 or 2 of these if the SUB's stay around awhile. Really would like to use them at Holiday Inn Orange Lake Resort. Looks like points for the Waterpark Units seem harder to get but the other units look bookable on points. (unless someone has a trick to get the River Island Units on points).
I do hope the SUBs stay around awhile... I'd love to pick up the BIZ card to top off our points for our Europe trip in 2024. However both DH and I got Chase cards within the last month, so we need to wait a bit before getting another card. I'd love to get the Traveler since it's no AF, and we don't have that one, but I don't think we'd be eligible from this wording:
"This product is available to you if you do not have a current IHG® Rewards Credit Card and have not received a new Cardmember bonus within the last 24 months."
Since we both currently have IHG Rewards Credit Cards x2, it sounds like we'd be ineligible for another personal card.

Gee, just finished the spend on my IHG Premier for 140,000 points in December. Do the hotel cards ever match offers? But I'm only seeing 125,000 for the premier on DOC. Oh, I guess it is the extra free night is the bonus part. Probably not something they would match then.

Last edited:

I do hope the SUBs stay around awhile... I'd love to pick up the BIZ card to top off our points for our Europe trip in 2024. However both DH and I got Chase cards within the last month, so we need to wait a bit before getting another card. I'd love to get the Traveler since it's no AF, and we don't have that one, but I don't think we'd be eligible from this wording:
"This product is available to you if you do not have a current IHG® Rewards Credit Card and have not received a new Cardmember bonus within the last 24 months."
Since we both currently have IHG Rewards Credit Cards x2, it sounds like we'd be ineligible for another personal card.
From what I read - I think you can have 1 Personal and 1 Biz Card.

Can Anyone confirm this?

By the way, I believe this is the place they always offer me for their timeshare presentations. I am constantly getting emails about 3 or 4nts for $149, plus 10K points. We have been tempted to attend one of these for a cheap Disney stay.

Met the $15,000 Biz Plat MSR in 39 days, I knew we were close but was shocked when I logged in this morning to see the 150K points in my account.
Somehow DH and I combined have 530K MRs. I've cashed out about 120K MRs in the last 3 months. Hopefully this is enough for 4 RT tickets in J to Europe.
Now to shift our focus to Chase URs and SW Companion Pass.

By the way, I believe this is the place they always offer me for their timeshare presentations. I am constantly getting emails about 3 or 4nts for $149, plus 10K points. We have been tempted to attend one of these for a cheap Disney stay.
Nice. Stayed there for the 1st time this past October (Me and 3 Friends for a Mom's getaway). We had a 3 Bedroom. It was very nice. Did like the Waterpark area the best. Would be a nice place to stay for a non-Disney vacation. ( I have to stay at Boardwalk when at Disney).

I might try and apply in another 2 months for the Biz Card and also get DH the Biz card in a bit. Try and hoard some of those points....

I just applied for DH - Instant approval on the Premier. And only $3000 spend. That will be easy.

The Aspire card will get you Diamond status or a lot(I think $40K spend ?) on the Surpass or biz card but if you don't want to stay at a Hilton (no judgement, I don't, normally) then why would you want status?
Well I don't care much about status( I don't have much ) but I booked an upcoming stay on points, and I'm only gold but that got us a free meal soend per day... however I'll drop to silver before my stay without another couple of nights booked I guess. So value I lose is $150 on that trip... not huge but was counting that in my plans... plus I'd love an easy way to get more Hilton points anyway- status is gained only in a paid with cash booking, right ?

Met the $15,000 Biz Plat MSR in 39 days, I knew we were close but was shocked when I logged in this morning to see the 150K points in my account.
Somehow DH and I combined have 530K MRs. I've cashed out about 120K MRs in the last 3 months. Hopefully this is enough for 4 RT tickets in J to Europe.
Now to shift our focus to Chase URs and SW Companion Pass.
When are you going to Europe? Singapore Air has a sale on biz class seats now -- 81k or 87k Kris miles from JFK to FRA, dates include Feb., March, early May, late September. Four seats showing for most flights. Fantastic deal if you can use it. You can call Singapore Air and lock in the seats before transferring the pts from AmEx. It's very easy to get from FRA to other cities in Europe.

I would do these, except 80% of my Orlando trips are solo, and these presentation things want both spouses. Have considered if I could lie and say I am divorced. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter