I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have a P2 who can use your support link?
Was considering that if the 100K promotion were still going and there was a reasonable way to attempt two CPs, but the referral link went to the 40K after 12/1 (almost like Chase/SW knows what it’s doing), and I needed it to last at least until 12/6 due to statement close date.

At this point, if I refer her, it will probably be near the end of the 2022 to start her on earning the CP in 2023, and hopefully by that point I’ll have already earned the CP.

I’m just looking for some creative ways to earn extra points in case I want the CP sooner and also to avoid putting too much spend on a card that essentially earns only 1x points on anything that matters.

I logged into Chase to check freedom flex tracker for bonus quarter 4. I hit it already and IT
WAS ALL FOR GAS. Im embarassed and sad how much gas has gone up...and remember im going
to wholesale places. I think the highest was 4.18 gallon and there was a long line to get that. Thankfully
it is going down.....slowly.

*Husband still commutes. I work from home part of the time and one DD just learned to drive and
the other i just take to activities and to school. It really adds up.

Last edited:
OK experts. I am about 6,000 miles away from earning companion status again at SW. I have no traditional points that will hit my SW account before 12/31/21.

How can I get 6,000 points that are qualified points into my SW account before year's end?

TIA
Motley fool is 5400 points! Subscription will cost you something. Might be worth it.

Motley fool is 5400 points! Subscription will cost you something. Might be worth it.
it looks like a $79 commitment. That’s actually like buying points for a little less than 1.5 cents per point. With limited time, I’d say it’s reasonable as you’re getting almost full value for your points even without using the service (technically it’s cheaper than buying points directly from SW, admittedly a horrible idea, with the added benefit of being qualifying points)

I assume if I transfer SW points from another member's account (wife) to mine it would not count toward the companion pass needed points.

TIA

Was considering that if the 100K promotion were still going and there was a reasonable way to attempt two CPs, but the referral link went to the 40K after 12/1 (almost like Chase/SW knows what it’s doing), and I needed it to last at least until 12/6 due to statement close date.

At this point, if I refer her, it will probably be near the end of the 2022 to start her on earning the CP in 2023, and hopefully by that point I’ll have already earned the CP.

I’m just looking for some creative ways to earn extra points in case I want the CP sooner and also to avoid putting too much spend on a card that essentially earns only 1x points on anything that matters.
For the past two years, due to the pandemic, Southwest has been giving RR members 25K RRs towards the CP (not actual redeemable miles, just lowering the CP requirement) at the beginning of the year. It's mostly an optics game since it used to only take 110K RRs to reach CP prior to the pandemic. No guarantee that they will do it for 2022, but it's something to keep an eye out for.

Any chance biz cards are possible for you or P2? It's only the personal SW cards that were at the all time high SUB that just ended.

Any thoughts on what vender makes sense and would give the "best deal". As a note, I have 300K+ SW points.
Just find one with a good return policy and a nice multiplier. Once you get the 6k, you will have the CP. Return the items in Jan, they’ll take the points back but it won’t matter since you will already have CP.

OK experts. I am about 6,000 miles away from earning companion status again at SW. I have no traditional points that will hit my SW account before 12/31/21.

How can I get 6,000 points that are qualified points into my SW account before year's end?

TIA

I was in this very position a few weeks ago! what I chose to do was book a hotel through southwest hotels portal (you'll find it on southwest's website). I chose the local one-night stay based on larger RR points offered for the stay and then added an additional "points boost" on to my stay when I booked. It was a total of 7k points. I pre-paid $267 for a one-night stay at a nice Hyatt Regency in downtown Seattle. 7k points posted to my RR account about 4-5 days after checkout, and it bumped me up to just what I needed to re-earn companion pass. super simple.

For Folks having a Hyatt card....any luck getting your free certificates extended? or points
offered? Have one i completely forgot about expiring end of month. Hate having to go somewhere
"just to go" but might have to.
No but i was able to use it locally and i should get globalist again thanks to the reduced requirements.

Used a Chase offer for BB on my new SW card to get DS an Apple Watch 7 for his birthday. Had $15 in certificates and they price matched Target. I think I'm almost done with Christmas shopping--have to get my parents' gifts to my sister, pick up a gift card for her, and a few Xbox gift cards for DS (will use visa gift cards at Target). DD wants balayage which I tried to talk her out of (I'm a no maintenance hair person) but we're going for a consult next week so that's part of her present.

And after 8 days of prep, I might see some tile in my bathroom soon. Only thing I'm concerned about is my shower head. It's a rain head (wasn't paying attention when I ordered it--just picked what matched my Delta faucets). So now I'm wondering if I need the shower kit with the handheld. I'm scared I'll have dirty hair with the rain head since pressure won't be great. All things considered, I think I'm doing pretty well as an overly analytical person in the middle of a remodel project:)

Is there a bonus tracker for southwest credit cards the way there is for UR cards?

If so, where do I find it? Cause either I’m blind or it doesn’t exist

Is there a bonus tracker for southwest credit cards the way there is for UR cards?

If so, where do I find it? Cause either I’m blind or it doesn’t exist

If its available on the SW cards, in the Chase phone app click on the card from the main screen then scroll down to the bottom near the Chase Offers area it will have a progress bar.

I was in this very position a few weeks ago! what I chose to do was book a hotel through southwest hotels portal (you'll find it on southwest's website). I chose the local one-night stay based on larger RR points offered for the stay and then added an additional "points boost" on to my stay when I booked. It was a total of 7k points. I pre-paid $267 for a one-night stay at a nice Hyatt Regency in downtown Seattle. 7k points posted to my RR account about 4-5 days after checkout, and it bumped me up to just what I needed to re-earn companion pass. super simple.
Thanks for the info. I was having a hard time finding any info online from anyone who actually booked from Southwest Hotels to see if the bonus points actually qualified. The Southwest website says something vague about bonus points not qualifying for CP, but it was not clear whether these specific bonus points were the type of points it meant.

Submitted the requested documentation electronically last Thursday for P2's Southwest Biz CC application. As of now, still getting the pending/2 weeks reply on the automated phone line. Hoping this is a good sign that it hasn't switched to 7-10 days? I keep checking USPS Informed Delivery everyday hoping that I'll see a promising envelope in there! Fingers crossed that we either get good news by e-mail/phone status or receive the actual card sometime this week!

Well, I have been on a CC opening spree.... Beginning of November I got the Cap One Venture. (Have 2,000 spend left on that one) and I got the Chase United Biz (just finished spend on that one).

I just opened up a SW Performance Biz for DH (80,000 points for $5000 spend), waiting on the card to arrive. And I also just opened up a Cap One Venture today for DH. (100,000 points for $10,000 spend).

DH is looking for a new truck (well, a few years old). So hoping we will be able to at least put $5000 on a credit card - will be probably spending about $50,000 on the truck. Which I absolutely hate doing, but his Tahoe is a 2004 and on it's last leg so he needs something soon.

Then I am going to buy a new bed (maybe a sleep # bed, still deciding) and a new couch/loveseat. So, that will put a lot of spend on the cards also. Couldn't stand having spend coming up and not enough cards. Now just waiting for the cards to arrive!!

We are both 5/24 now but we both have cards falling off in February. Will be concentrating on the SW Biz cards for both of us then. Him to finish up CP and me to get a few cards and get a CP. We have depleted all of our SW cards so need to rebuild them up. Then in the summer get another Chase Ink Biz Card when DD's tuition is due again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter