I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you both so much! I did use one of them, I’ll have to check and see which one and make a claim. Although it was stressful we made the best of it and enjoyed another day of vacation.
Replying to myself so that no one else makes my mistake. I didn’t use my CSR or CSP to pay for tix. I used a SW gift card I bought to earn bonus points through that stupid 50th anniversary promo SW had. Ugh, costly mistake so no reimbursement for cancelled flight expenses. Oh well, lesson learned.

Has anyone had issues applying for Chase business cards (CIC, specifically) where the page just seems to blip after you complete the application and hit SUBMIT? This has happened multiple times for me over course of a few weeks. I get a brief pop up that says "we need more time", but it immediately goes away (and I was only able to read the little pop up because I recorded it on my phone and froze that frame). However, no confirmation that the application has actually been submitted and the SUBMIT button is still active and blue. It's super weird. Should I try from a different browser?

Trying to mentally prepare for school to start tomorrow. OMG everything is a fiasco. Like most places, we don't have enough bus drivers. They have high school kids being picked up at 9:35 when school starts at 9. And when they say they'll pick them up at 9:35, it will likely be closer to 11 for the first few weeks. I found out last night that Juniors aren't guarateed parking. And DS is splitting his time between two schools and right now is required to ride the bus to the second school but the bus will never get him back in time for football. And his dad moved 30 minutes away which just adds another fun layer. I paid oodles of money to get him a car and insure him and it seems like I'll be driving him all over the county while working! My employer will love this:)

In credit card news, my refinance closes tomorrow and I signed my contract with the tile guy who will demo my bathroom and do the tile work. Next week I'll pick out the tile. Then I'll work on the vanity and counter. I've picked out some pretty Delta faucets but I'm struggling with finish (leaning toward the champagne bronze). Anyway, should have a decent amount of spend to put on a new card but not inspired at the moment. Still have maybe a little over $1000 to finish my CS Platinum retention offer. And while I'm sitting on 400K UR points for flights to Europe, I really don't feel optimistic about crusing next summer. I so want something to look forward to.

The start of the school year always makes me a little nostalgic for the days when my kids were younger (this year I only have one in grad school) but the bus situation (everywhere) sounds like a huge mess.

Congrats on the refinance closing. We actually submitted an application through Better but the rates offered aren't any better than our current rate (2.75% on a 15 year). I think it's because our house is not that expensive and we don't owe a whole lot of even that amount--we were going to cash out some and invest. I probably should follow up with Better to see if they have any better (ha!) offers.

Has anyone had issues applying for Chase business cards (CIC, specifically) where the page just seems to blip after you complete the application and hit SUBMIT? This has happened multiple times for me over course of a few weeks. I get a brief pop up that says "we need more time", but it immediately goes away (and I was only able to read the little pop up because I recorded it on my phone and froze that frame). However, no confirmation that the application has actually been submitted and the SUBMIT button is still active and blue. It's super weird. Should I try from a different browser?

If you got an inquiry on your credit report, that would mean the application went through. You can check with a free Credit Karma account (covers Transunion and Equifax), and a free Experian account.

I set up a user account for DS's AU Amex card. I didn't get any good offers (sadness), but it also says it's not eligible to be set up on auto pay. Will it be paid through DH's main Amex platinum card? The only cards I've ever used for AU cards were Chase cards and they are not nearly as separated as this one is. I just want to make sure that I don't miss a payment.

I set up a user account for DS's AU Amex card. I didn't get any good offers (sadness), but it also says it's not eligible to be set up on auto pay. Will it be paid through DH's main Amex platinum card? The only cards I've ever used for AU cards were Chase cards and they are not nearly as separated as this one is. I just want to make sure that I don't miss a payment.

i usually pay my main account and that covers over to the AUs. Ive never tried to pay from the AU account before so i dont know how that works but the transactions appear on the main account holder. u should see the initials on the main account next to the transaction if its an AU charge.

We are at the Alila Ventana Big Sur, an all inclusive Hyatt property for 3 nights. The resort accommodations range from $1,600 -$2,000 per night. But they are bookable for 30k per night for a standard room, a bit more for suites with Hyatt. Chase UR points transfer 1:1 to Hyatt. I did use a suite night certificate to get upgraded from a standard room to a suite for our length of stay.

The resort is serene and peaceful and has a rustic and romantic feel to it. I love the hammock on the porch and fireplace in the room. There are pools, hot tubs and bath houses. Some are clothing optional. But the reception attendant lets you know which areas are if you don’t want to swim with someone in their birthday suit.

We’ve indulged in simply relaxing and enjoying the property.

CB05879F-D270-4E14-B14C-073EFF9AC77A.jpeg

CE32E170-813F-40ED-A6F8-27FC2B6A6454.jpeg

AA6859C4-70F8-438E-8627-F15E73E054CC.jpeg

17616585-707A-4E15-9845-4828D712127D.jpeg

A30DDA8D-BFEB-4523-AC81-5E7C20C756FE.jpeg

35C42A48-BAB8-49DA-A87B-90A8DECE82F1.jpeg

0C1DCEE8-81A2-4DF9-AF6F-538C19FEB7DD.jpeg

18A6C371-E7CB-4D77-8CD5-5C2331071F2B.jpeg

10F6CEB8-E63D-498E-857F-659F7D97A789.jpeg

Ugh on the bus issues….but congrats on the refi
Have fun picking all the bathroom stuff out…it was a bit overwhelming to me…took a while and returning 2 different floor tiles but love the black and white pattern tile I finally found…bathroom is a farmhouse look white and black …subway tile shower and all fixtures are black…with a black and white floor tile which we also used for the 3 shelf niche
That sounds so pretty!

The start of the school year always makes me a little nostalgic for the days when my kids were younger (this year I only have one in grad school) but the bus situation (everywhere) sounds like a huge mess.

Congrats on the refinance closing. We actually submitted an application through Better but the rates offered aren't any better than our current rate (2.75% on a 15 year). I think it's because our house is not that expensive and we don't owe a whole lot of even that amount--we were going to cash out some and invest. I probably should follow up with Better to see if they have any better (ha!) offers.
Chase offered me 2.375% with zero points (I think) or 2% with a little under 2 points I think. I was at 2.5% (15 years). Because I took $20 k out for my bathroom remodel, I was okay with refinancing--otherwise not worth it.

Replying to myself so that no one else makes my mistake. I didn’t use my CSR or CSP to pay for tix. I used a SW gift card I bought to earn bonus points through that stupid 50th anniversary promo SW had. Ugh, costly mistake so no reimbursement for cancelled flight expenses. Oh well, lesson learned.
I did it too, used our SW priority card and were stuck in Florida for 2 nights this June. So mad at myself, never will I ever use anything but our CSR to buy plane tickets.

Last edited:
Thank you both so much! I did use one of them, I’ll have to check and see which one and make a claim. Although it was stressful we made the best of it and enjoyed another day of vacation.
Awesome! Glad you made the best of it! I've made claims a couple of times. Save all of your receipts. Trickiest part was getting the official cancellation statement from the airlines. I don't recall who you call but it is different than the regular SW customer service. They can point you in the right direction.

Bummer! I did that once too...lesson learned. I always do one of us with the CSR no matter what promotion or free money I have.

Ugh on the bus issues….but congrats on the refi
Have fun picking all the bathroom stuff out…it was a bit overwhelming to me…took a while and returning 2 different floor tiles but love the black and white pattern tile I finally found…bathroom is a farmhouse look white and black …subway tile shower and all fixtures are black…with a black and white floor tile which we also used for the 3 shelf niche

That sounds great-we meet with our contractor to go over things in 2 weeks and I'm excited. I told them I like sterile, lol. Fortunately for MSR planning purposes they are backed up until next spring-clearly after tolerating my bathroom for 5 years I'm in no hurry.

That sounds great-we meet with our contractor to go over things in 2 weeks and I'm excited. I told them I like sterile, lol. Fortunately for MSR planning purposes they are backed up until next spring-clearly after tolerating my bathroom for 5 years I'm in no hurry.
Have fun picking everything out
Lol…we’ve had the same master bathroom for 34 years…it was long overdue….but needed to wait until we had the funds.

Great use of points. I was trying to book there a couple of months ago but they were all booked for points On the days I was looking for. Glad you guys were able to grab them.

It really is a great value for the points! I was looking at future dates for a return visit and couldn’t find anything. Not sure if calling the hotel directly or going through the concierge contact for Globalist would make a difference on potential availability.

It really is a great value for the points! I was looking at future dates for a return visit and couldn’t find anything. Not sure if calling the hotel directly or going through the concierge contact for Globalist would make a difference on potential availability.

It's hard finding standard room availability unless exactly at 13 months out! I made a GOH reservation for a friend, but was a couple days late since we were on vacation. By then only suites left. Oh well, at least they're guaranteed a suite.

Will be going there next month for the second time (first time as all inclusive). I'm looking forward to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter