I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other dog looks like they would prefer the puppy never come back LOL.
Ha! You're probably right:) Right now they are both under my desk and the puppy is barking at her and she's trying to nicely tell the puppy to get lost. She has been amazingly patient with the puppy. But she's old and the puppy is quite a ball of energy.

Does anyone know how many lounge guests you get w/ your CSR PP? I'll be traveling next week, and thought I could take the kids into the lounge w/ me to grab something before the flight. I also have the PP w/ my Hilton Surpass. Just wondering if I can get both kids in on my CSR pass.

Is the Chase Freedom Flex worth using up a 5/24 spot for? I kind of assumed these would be best for PC's since the SUBs aren't super great, but would love to add it to use with my CSP. I'm currently 2/24 (Chase Hyatt and Chase CSP), but would like to save 2 spaces for SW bus/personal cards to get companion pass early 2023 (I currently have companion pass through 2021 and will likely earn it organically from my SW card spend for 2022).
I have a P2 that is also 2/24 (already has CSP) that I plan to get CIC with this month to have a SUB to throw larger spending on so don't think I'm interested in business card for myself at this point. Which brings me back to the Freedom line. Considering I'd like to leave 2 slots open for SW CP, is the Freedom Flex worth my final 5/24 spot to get access to quarterly spend category bonuses?

Another "next card" question: I'd like to get a card with a Global Entry credit since I'd like to get GE for my P2 ASAP. See above entry for our 5/24 info. This may take higher precedence over the Chase Freedom line or the P2 CIC if I could figure out the best card for that that doesn't waste a 5/24 spot (I know ANY card will use up a spot; "waste" is the operative word here)
I also have a Delta Amex Plat that doesn't fall into my 5/24 that I used for my own GE credit; not really interested in referring my P2 for more Delta miles. I prefer SW or Alaska for airlines and Hyatt, followed by Hilton, followed by Marriott for hotel loyalty.

Can you load you biz cards to Dosh? I tried adding my CIC last time it was elevated offer at Office Depot and it said it could not be added. Wondering if I did something wrong or if I should try again.

try again, i have my CIC added in dosh. then again, i added it a very long time ago.

Is the Chase Freedom Flex worth using up a 5/24 spot for? I kind of assumed these would be best for PC's since the SUBs aren't super great, but would love to add it to use with my CSP. I'm currently 2/24 (Chase Hyatt and Chase CSP), but would like to save 2 spaces for SW bus/personal cards to get companion pass early 2023 (I currently have companion pass through 2021 and will likely earn it organically from my SW card spend for 2022).
I have a P2 that is also 2/24 (already has CSP) that I plan to get CIC with this month to have a SUB to throw larger spending on so don't think I'm interested in business card for myself at this point. Which brings me back to the Freedom line. Considering I'd like to leave 2 slots open for SW CP, is the Freedom Flex worth my final 5/24 spot to get access to quarterly spend category bonuses?
its only worth it if u can maximized the 12k spendings at grocery stores. the SUB + bonus should get u 80k UR points.

Another "next card" question: I'd like to get a card with a Global Entry credit since I'd like to get GE for my P2 ASAP. See above entry for our 5/24 info. This may take higher precedence over the Chase Freedom line or the P2 CIC if I could figure out the best card for that that doesn't waste a 5/24 spot (I know ANY card will use up a spot; "waste" is the operative word here)
I also have a Delta Amex Plat that doesn't fall into my 5/24 that I used for my own GE credit; not really interested in referring my P2 for more Delta miles. I prefer SW or Alaska for airlines and Hyatt, followed by Hilton, followed by Marriott for hotel loyalty.

since u have amex cards, biz plat also gives u GE credit. there might be some cards out there that u can upgrade into (usually a $450 AF fee) that also gives GE credit, ie Marriott Brilliant, Ritz Carlton card. would need to do math to see if its worth it to you or not...

Packed for our Iceland trip and used packing cubes for the first time. I am in LOVE! Not only does it compress the clothing, but it will be nice to keep my kids clothes more organized, as we change accomodations every couple of days.

My hubby prefers to roll his clothing. He even watches youtube videos and unrolls and rerolls numerous times 😂

We bought some cheapo luggage for this trip because I read that IcelandAir is strict with their carry-on luggage requirement and their requirement is the smallest I have EVER seen (a depth of less than 8 inches!)! Really proud of myself for getting everything in rather easily, including hiking boots and 3 rain jackets, and it only weighs about 13 pounds. I am now a packing cube convert!

Last edited:
Packed for our Iceland trip and used packing cubes for the first time. I am in LOVE! Not only does it compress the clothing, but it will be nice to keep my kids clothes more organized, as we change accomodations every couple of days.

My hubby prefers to roll his clothing. He even watches youtube videos and unrolls and rerolls numerous times 😂

We boughts some cheapo luggage for this trip because I read that IcelandAir is strict with their carry-on luggage requirement and their requirement is the smallest I have EVER seen (a depth of less than 8 inches!)! Really proud of myself for getting everything in rather easily, including hiking boots and 3 rain jackets, and it only weighs about 13 pounds. I am now a packing cube convert!

Have a great time in Iceland! Do you have plans to see the volcano eruption? I will have to live vicariously. :)

Agree packing cubes are awesome!

Have a great time in Iceland! Do you have plans to see the volcano eruption? I will have to live vicariously. :)

Agree packing cubes are awesome!

OMG, I am so excited about this trip because all of the stars seem to be aligning. We are arriving right at the tail end of the puffin season and will be there at the start of the possibility of Northern Lights (remote, but not impossible). And right now the volcano is really putting on a show, especially so at night time. My eight yo has some kind of volcano phobia (he prefers not to die a fiery death) so I think only my husband and older kids will be able to visit, and I'll stay back with him. I'm already pushing his limits with the communal showering for the Blue Lagoon :rotfl:

Here's the webcams for the volcano. Watch it tonight- it's crazy how vivid it is. https://www.visitreykjanes.is/en/vo...on-information/webcams-from-the-eruption-site

We bought some cheapo luggage for this trip because I read that IcelandAir is strict with their carry-on luggage requirement and their requirement is the smallest I have EVER seen (a depth of less than 8 inches!)! Really proud of myself for getting everything in rather easily, including hiking boots and 3 rain jackets, and it only weighs about 13 pounds. I am now a packing cube convert!
Which cubes did you get? I’ve been thinking about buying some.

Most business cards don't count towards your 5/24 as they don't report to your personal credit report.

Here's a list of credit cards with the GE benefit. Maybe you see a business card on there that interest you. I'm not sure if the Capital One Spark Miles is reporting to personal credit reports (and thus counts towards 5/24). The Chase and Amex business cards would not count. Personally, I think the Amex business platinum is the best deal, but annual fee is $595. Depends if you can use MR and if you find value in the airline and Dell credits.

https://upgradedpoints.com/credit-cards/best-credit-cards-for-global-entry-credit/

I closed my Chase IHG card about a month ago or so. I pulled up the IHG website today to look at some hotel rooms and an ad for 150,000 point sign up bonus popped up. I know you can't get the sign up bonus for 2 years after getting it. So, do I need to look at my old statements and see when I was awarded the sign up bonus last? Does it go by when you opened the card or when you were actually awarded the bonus points after you hit your spend number?

Which cubes did you get? I’ve been thinking about buying some.

A few different random ones I found at TJMaxx, sorry, don't think they are any specific real brand. If you are looking, I ended up preferring the ones with a bit more structure, with mesh on one side. I bought some others that are a bit more like a sleeve and didn't like those as much. A three pack in three different sizes was perfect for my needs (outerwear, pants, shirts). I think I paid about 6.99-9.99 per 3 pack.

I closed my Chase IHG card about a month ago or so. I pulled up the IHG website today to look at some hotel rooms and an ad for 150,000 point sign up bonus popped up. I know you can't get the sign up bonus for 2 years after getting it. So, do I need to look at my old statements and see when I was awarded the sign up bonus last? Does it go by when you opened the card or when you were actually awarded the bonus points after you hit your spend number?

This product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of this credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of this credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this credit card within the last 24 months.

So yes, take a peek at your statements and see when you were last awarded the sign up bonus. Great work closing it a month ago, so if you are past the 24 months, you should be good to apply again. If you know anyone who has a support link, try to use that when you apply.

OMG, I am so excited about this trip because all of the stars seem to be aligning. We are arriving right at the tail end of the puffin season and will be there at the start of the possibility of Northern Lights (remote, but not impossible). And right now the volcano is really putting on a show, especially so at night time. My eight yo has some kind of volcano phobia (he prefers not to die a fiery death) so I think only my husband and older kids will be able to visit, and I'll stay back with him. I'm already pushing his limits with the communal showering for the Blue Lagoon :rotfl:

Here's the webcams for the volcano. Watch it tonight- it's crazy how vivid it is. https://www.visitreykjanes.is/en/vo...on-information/webcams-from-the-eruption-site

I don't know about the men's side, but the women's side had shower stalls. People walk around the locker room naked though, so I felt a little overdressed. 😆

Do the IHG points expire and on average how many points are needed for a night? I'm going to try and signup my wife for the Citi Premier but with her recent inquiries she might be declined. If that happens the IHG might be my next option since I've exhausted most Chase options for now and I hate spending money that doesn't go towards a MSR. If anyone has any non Chase options let me know.

Do the IHG points expire and on average how many points are needed for a night? I'm going to try and signup my wife for the Citi Premier but with her recent inquiries she might be declined. If that happens the IHG might be my next option since I've exhausted most Chase options for now and I hate spending money that doesn't go towards a MSR. If anyone has any non Chase options let me know.
I don't know about the points expiring. I have never had any that have or any warning that they might. I am pretty frugal with my points,, so I have gotten nights for 12,500 points, all the way up to 35,000 points. You can go higher, too, but I wouldn't. I have averaged probably a little less than 20,000 points/night and haven't suffered inconveniences or had to stay anywhere i didn't want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter