I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm a bit PISSED today. The IHG vacation club package I "booked" was a scam! I'm pissed since I have totally stayed at 2 Starwoods vacation properties in the past and expected this to be the same. I called today to book the package for Myrtle Beach in 2 weeks. Well imagine my shock when they told me I'd be staying at a Staybridge Suites and not at their property on the ocean. And then even more so when she goes on to tell me that to stay AT the property it costs $$$ per night. The ONLY upcharge I was told about was to stay at Christmas or Spring Break. And I was NEVER told I would be staying at a hotel vs their properties. I never would have booked this thinking I'm staying at a hotel for 4 nights and have to sit through a presentation to make that stay free. In fact when he pitched it and I said no, he asked why, and I said because I travel for free using points. I figured I'd go to the presentation while the kids chillax at the pool for the few hours.

I had even googled them and read about others staying on property for free but having to attend to presentation. So I'm in the process of asking for a refund from them, but they have to review the call to see if I was mislead....insert eyeroll. So I called Chase to start a chargeback. And then I got to spend 45 minutes on the phone w/ Spirit to get back the $60 for the $9 club I joined yesterday when booking my flights. They refunded everything online but that.

Nothing like spending the morning cancelling a vaca rather than planning one! And I know my 14yo is going to be PISSED when I tell her. I could use Hilton points and still go down there but that wasn't the idea behind this trip. Grrrrr.

This seems really weird to me -- what good would it do to advertise a timeshare at a Staybridge Suites? Are you sure the rep you talked to knew what she was doing?

Last edited:

I think the pin for these isn’t the last four digits like MetaBank. Do you have the inside packaging still? It should say in there or you can reset the pin by calling the number on the back or set it online
Are all Metabank the last 4? My VGCs are Metabank and the only thing it says about pin is to set it online. I did that for one yesterday and I'm headed out today to load with it. Curious about the others I have, if I can just use the last 4 or if I should set them.

Are all Metabank the last 4? My VGCs are Metabank and the only thing it says about pin is to set it online. I did that for one yesterday and I'm headed out today to load with it. Curious about the others I have, if I can just use the last 4 or if I should set them.

I thought all MetaBanks were the last four but @DisneyMandC bought MetaBanks that had the pin in the package that was something other than the last four.

I agree with @kmc8826 with one reservation. As long as he hasn’t had a lot of cards prior to that CSP On 5/11. Also this isn’t just about Chase cards - you want to pay attention to all recent personal cards.
As far as personal cards, I think he only has an amex platinum and Barkley's AA recently (within the past 2 years).

As far as personal cards, I think he only has an amex platinum and Barkley's AA recently (within the past 2 years).
As long as you’re comfortable with the pacing he’s at then I’d do what you feel is best. It’s always better to adhere to the longer timelines prior to applying for business cards vs personal cards.

I got my fake out AA biz material today. Can someone remind me how long before I get the actual card? Hoping it is here before I head out of town Thursday morning.

I had it on the Blue Biz and Marriott Biz (old SPG purple card). Wish it was on the AmEx EDP since both DDs have cards!

The insurance offer is for Business cards so I wouldn't hold out hope on the EDPs :)

I also got it on the BBP and Spg/Marriott Biz. Hubby didn't see it on his BBP or Hilton Biz. I wonder if part of it might be he used an insurance offer already on his BCE this year. I got that 10% one last year and he didn't, then when it came out again earlier this year he was targeted and I wasn't. Maybe now that's it's been >6 months I got targeted again :confused3
The Nov date is throwing me a bit. We don't have car ins renewal until Jan so we don't even get the proposal by then. I can prepay my life insurance and got mildly excited and then remembered that my life insurance is the one thing in our lives that doesn't take AmEx. Might give them a call anyway and see if I can slip it in. :laughing:
Probably easier than trying to explain to the car ins company why I want them to hold onto a few hundred bucks for a couple months in advance of renewal.

The insurance offer is for Business cards so I wouldn't hold out hope on the EDPs :)

I also got it on the BBP and Spg/Marriott Biz. Hubby didn't see it on his BBP or Hilton Biz. I wonder if part of it might be he used an insurance offer already on his BCE this year. I got that 10% one last year and he didn't, then when it came out again earlier this year he was targeted and I wasn't. Maybe now that's it's been >6 months I got targeted again :confused3
The Nov date is throwing me a bit. We don't have car ins renewal until Jan so we don't even get the proposal by then. I can prepay my life insurance and got mildly excited and then remembered that my life insurance is the one thing in our lives that doesn't take AmEx. Might give them a call anyway and see if I can slip it in. :laughing:
Probably easier than trying to explain to the car ins company why I want them to hold onto a few hundred bucks for a couple months in advance of renewal.

Not on my business card. I want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter