I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow...in NY, they would keep sending it and it’s against the law to ignore them. Not sure if they do it anymore but when my kids were young and I received a notice...they automatically excuse me when I send it back with documentation showing I had kids under a certain age
I have sent back excuses also. but no I don't live in NY.

I have 3 - Place, Grand and Regency and having a hard time getting different ones. DH has an upcoming stay at another Regency. I tried to get a Hyatt House in SLC but it only had King beds and we needed 2 beds. I might try to MS another free night next year, thinking it is too late for me to start now.

I'm looking at the 3 'Hyatt's in NYC. Hyatt Herald Square, Parker, and Union Square. The 5th option was/is most difficult. Grand, Regency, House and Place were all relatively easy to snag. Of course they've also got to fit into existing or future plans.

I've also got an upgrade offer for my Hyatt card to WOH card - 5K points. Will pass on it for now. I think I would prefer to close and reopen down the road a bit.

I'm looking at the 3 'Hyatt's in NYC. Hyatt Herald Square, Parker, and Union Square. The 5th option was/is most difficult. Grand, Regency, House and Place were all relatively easy to snag. Of course they've also got to fit into existing or future plans.

I've also got an upgrade offer for my Hyatt card to WOH card - 5K points. Will pass on it for now. I think I would prefer to close and reopen down the road a bit.

The Hyatt Union Square is in a great spot, but the standard rooms are really small and kind of dark. It's a really nice place though.

I see that now, I had glanced at the line above where it says $0.00 tax, but that was for gate price comparison.

Still, I was willing to do $1420 for a 3 day hopper, this is a 4 day at $1446.50 total, so I'd do that. I have not compared to any other sites yet though, I usually buy with discounted DGCs so buy direct.

ETA: UCT 4 day hopper for all of us comes to $1403.80 so that would be much better.
Thank you!

I will wait until CIP#2 appears in the mail (hoping for tomorrow) before I book this.

Thank you all so much!
Last minutes tickets also is a good place to check for DL tix. They were the cheapest when I bought ours last fall when the big price hike hit.
Do you mean Last Minute Travel Club? We used them before.

I agree with checking out LMT club. We used them in April. I checked soooooo many sites, and they were the cheapest for the DL tickets we wanted. Their prices don't include maxpass, but it's so easy to add it when you get to the park.

I just booked the Hyatt Centric in Times square. Have you stayed there?

Another newbie question . . . I see references to "Chase offers," for a certain percentage or dollar off of a purchase at a particular store. I get the sense that those are targeted offers, such that not all cardholders get them. Are they also tied to particular types of Chase cards? I only have the CIP (2 of them). Is it possible that I might get these offers, or are the business cards usually excluded? If I might get them, where would I find them? Thanks!

The business cards seem to be excluded. On my personal cards I see them at the bottom of the left hand list of cards on my laptop. On the app on my phone, scroll to the bottom again.

Does anyone have any experience booking flights with Korean Air? I was looking at some options for flying to Hawaii next year and award hacker shows that you can get round trip flights to Hawaii for 25k from my airport with only one stop. Have to go through Delta to book it. It doesn't matter when or which airport I search for on Delta though as it never shows that option. I've tried RIC, DCA, IAD, and ATL. None of them show anything less than 37.5k miles one way.

I know this one was renovated within the last couple of years. Rooms are small as are all hotels in that area (with the exception of the Marriott Marquis). We've walked by the Centric a few times and what I can say about the area is, if you like Times Square, this is certainly Times Square. Regardless, aside from the small standard rooms, from everything I've seen the Centric is a nice, clean, very bright hotel.

you should be able to credit miles on whatever airline you like as long as the alliance is the same.
As for if you booked on United, u should get a 2nd confirmation number that can be used on Lufthansa to pick your seat.
Thank you!
Hopefully if you book through Lufthansa directly you can add your United Miles number. I know with the SkyTeam Alliance that's an option-scrolling down to the different alliance members and entering the applicable one, so when I flew Air France, KLM, and Czech Air this summer they all credited to Delta. The same works for United, I'm pretty sure.

Question two has many answers, according to the internet. Ideally, you would be able to access the PNR which is a code for Lufthansa once you book through United and it's in the "details" section of your reservation. Then call Lufthansa with the PNR and request to chose seats-and if it's in economy, you'll have to pay but apparently not for Premium Economy. The folks on flyertalk are split on whether the Lufthansa system will allow this...lots of back and forth...and back...and forth...so I don't feel comfortable giving you a definitive answer. I can say that booking Swiss you cannot chose your seat in advance, whereas for some other *Alliance members you can.

Sorry I'm no giving a clear cut answer but apparently there have been successes and failures so I'd hate to give you a definitive answer when it's your (and others') money and not an insubstantial amount.
I think I'll go through a fake booking w Lufthansa to see if I can add a United number during the process---thanks!

And that 's why I asked here because searching/reading FlyerTalk was making me :confused:

I want the flights to credit my United account and I want to choose my seats in advance :upsidedow

Checked status on my Barclays application this morning and I was denied :headache::headache:. I won't know why until I get back to Florida and open the letter they are going to send. Depending on what it says I may try recon.

Given this, I *may* try for another AA Citi biz card using a public offer. I really want to accumulate AA points for flights!
I would call them before going for another card. Barclays has denied me for biz cards before and twice I was able to get them approved by calling. Plus, both times I had to send them stuff to verify my identity.

I know this one was renovated within the last couple of years. Rooms are small as are all hotels in that area (with the exception of the Marriott Marquis). We've walked by the Centric a few times and what I can say about the area is, if you like Times Square, this is certainly Times Square. Regardless, aside from the small standard rooms, from everything I've seen the Centric is a nice, clean, very bright hotel.
The rooms are 350 sq feet. Grand Hyatt was 300 sq feet. After being on a cruise ship for 10 days both of these options will feel huge.

I got an offer to upgrade my SW Premier card to the Priority card and would receive 5k RR bonus points for 1 purchase by 9/30. I'm trying to decide whether to go for this or not. Does anyone know when the higher AF posts for this? Is it prorated? My last AF was charged on 2/1. I plan on closing this card after the next AF posts and (hopefully) my anniversary points post. I would get 5k RR bonus, plus an adt'l 1500 RR on my anniversary. I plan on booking more than 3 Early bird check-ins, so I would use the $75 annual travel credit (question - is this card year or calendar year? I might be able to double-dip if calendar year).

The only thing is I am planning on going for the new SW biz card in Nov and the other biz card in Feb for the CP in 2020-2021 if it's still possible. If it's not, my fall back plan would be to get one personal card in Feb/Mar as it will have been 24 months since my last personal bonus. Would taking this upgrade affect the personal anniversary clock? I don't think so, but want to make sure. Thanks for any input!
I upgraded last year. My Sw Plus AF posted June 1. I upgraded in July and received a refund of the $69 right away. The $149 was charged December 1. Like @amalone1013 suggested, I'd think yours would be prorated. The perks are card year, and start the date you upgrade to Priority. The upgrade will not affect your anniversary clock. Personally, I think its a good deal to upgrade.

Yes, we live about 10 min away from DTW. I’ll price out flying Toronto vs Windsor, thanks. I’d prefer just to have the short drive to Windsor but if there’s a decent savings we can handle Toronto.

We will be out of town 16 days in the past month after or upcoming trip to Disney next week. We had the trip to California and Vegas in mid July, just got back from a quick weekend to Houghton Lake, and leave for Disney in less than a week.

My friend was just telling me he saved a bunch buying Spirit tickets at the airport. It was a few years ago so I’d make sure nothing changed but it was a big savings for him (4 tickets). He did recommend trying to time it so there aren’t a ton of Spirit flights within 2 hours of when you go. Lines can be pretty long and the ticketing agents will get pulled to help check in passengers with flights.

You've gotta be close to me then. I'm in Northville. My students and other teachers have told me Toronto is the way to go for Europe. I'll be looking into that soon. I guess Windsor vs Toronto is probably like flying out of DTW vs say Lansing, or Flint, or Kzoo, etc. Sure you can do it, but it's $$$.

Help with AAadvantage please?
I pretty much use my SW card for everything and then use the points to visit my daughter who lives in another state. I've honestly paid very little attention to other travel cards- though I probably should.
Anyway, when flying home from St. Thomas last week on American, they gave a spiel for the AA card and I applied. There is a $99 fee, but for sure I'll get my moneys worth from it. In 2020 we're doing a trans-Atlantic cruise and going to St. John for two weeks. I can use the AA card for a checked bag for my flight from Chs-Mia pre cruise and Bos-CHS post cruise, though I often try to use just a carry-on, I think I'd be pushing it on a two week trip.
So, my questions are a few...I don't have my card yet. I'm guessing to get my free bag, I need to wait until it arrives to buy my flights? I'm in no hurry but I do have the money for the tickets and I don't want to argue to get my free bags if I book it too soon. Also, it says "You and up to four companions" so I'm guessing that my husband will get a free bag too? That will be awesome for our St John trip as we own at the Westin and pack a bag of food to cook in some evenings to save a little money.
Also, I get 60,000 free points after a purchase. Is it hard to book American flights with points? I've only done it with SW which is a breeze...also is St Thomas considered domestic? I realize it's a USVI, but I may use my points on that flight if possible.
And finally, I have the opportunity to buy a companion pass (for one flight, I think) for $99 and will do that also as all of my planned flights cost more than that. Is it easy to do?
Any and all advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

The free bag is tied to your AAdvantage number so the card isn't needed. I have probably booked 13 flights w/ AA points over the past 2 years. Check out the discount airports as that can save you 7500 miles :) But I will say all my flights using AA miles have been from Detroit to tiny airports in NC, so it's been easy to get flights. Google AA reduced mileage airports to see which are discounted.

Did you have to call to get the approval? Or did it just show up? I had to send them the ID verification documentation also. I had called to inquire and found out they needed additional documents. So I sent those but I have not called again. I was hoping to avoid another painful phone number but might have to break down and make the call.

I didn't call at all. I just sent all the documents, and about a week later website updated to approved.

Checked status on my Barclays application this morning and I was denied :headache::headache:. I won't know why until I get back to Florida and open the letter they are going to send. Depending on what it says I may try recon.

Given this, I *may* try for another AA Citi biz card using a public offer. I really want to accumulate AA points for flights!

From reading your recent they are likely going to tell you it's too many cards in a short time. I called explaining that my recent opens were due to a divorce and needed cards in my name only. Which was the truth, I was opening solo cards to transfer the balances I "got" in the divorce. They didn't care. Now I thought they might be a bit more nice since I have a balance on the personal one I have. But NOPE, still get denied. I have no idea when they might finally approve me. which sucks.

No, not yet. I'm doing a brand challenge through WOH and the Centric is not one of my eligible hotels from what I can determine. I'm not really sure on this as the terms are not clear cut at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter