I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Citi TY points. Travel credit on CSR if bought from UCT or similar. Otherwise 3x points on CSR from UCT.
This is good to know. Last year I upgraded my tickets to annual passes using my capital one thinking I could use my travel credit. It didn’t code as travel. I should have paid with my magic band which would have charged it to room .and would have coded as travel.

My wife asked about this:

75,000 bonus points with the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card when you spend $3,000 in the first three months

I think it's a pass because better offers are 100k for these, right???

I'm in the same position of valuing points over certs, and conserving points when I can. Certs will come around every year, but I doubt I'll be able to get another bonus after picking up 5 of the Starriott cards within a year (just the Ritz Stone shy of completing the Infinity Gauntlet!) and continuing to hold the cards I have. (Unless I upgrade the MPP to the Ritz, then use a slot to apply for the Boundless and forget to include my Bonbon number. Endgame worthy loophole to get all 6 pre-merger cards! Or downgrade the Brilliant once the 50k FN cert deposits and hope my legacy SPG will get targeted for an upgrade bonus, since it doesn't seem to be happening as long as I hold the Brilliant.) Certs are also capped (and even more limited when peak pricing is introduced), whereas points are flexible for whatever higher end redemption I'd want. Needless to say, I'm comparing the Residence Inn and SpringHill Suites right now.

Older daughter has all six but not sure what she's doing with the Ritz as it turns a year right about now. She tends to want me to use my points and certs when we travel.

I have never stayed at a Residence Inn or Springhill Suites so I've got no baseline for comparison.

I've had my SPG legacy card for a long time. Thought about a possible targeted offer but I'm afraid to lose out on the one 50K I have, so doubt I'll chance a downgrade. My best bet for another stash of points is younger daughter who 'might' get me another brilliant and transfer the points over. She's got the credit score, history, and income to attract Amex - has been an AU on my SPG since age 13. The problem is, she will say, do you need money, Mom? Just take it out of my account. Not quite understanding that getting it for MSR spend is more attractive for me!

Did you get approved? I just re-read the e-mail they sent me and it reads:
Dear *WDW*Groupie*,
Thank you for your recent AAdvantage® Aviator® Business Mastercard® application.

We are currently reviewing the application you submitted. If we need additional information to complete our review, we will contact you using the information you provided us.

You can also visit our website to check the status of your application at myapplicationstatus.com.​

I got the same E-mail, kept checking status website, about a week later, website showed denied. A few days after that I received a letter stating they need ID verification. I sent what they asked for, approximately 10 days later, I got approved. It took 1month to receive a card after application. Exact same process for my DH as well

Last edited:
Can anyone with the Hyatt card tell me about the Free night? DHs card anniversary was on July 7, AF just posted August 1 and haven't heard anything about a free night. I don't see anything in his Hyatt account and haven't received any emails.

I just used my free Hyatt night. Looking back, I don't see any communication from Chase or Hyatt. My anniversary is Sept 3. Looking at the credit card small print it says allow up to 10 weeks for it to post.

And, when it was there I could see it. Now it's gone and I'm waiting for another but can't tell you where it was. Sorry, not much help. You could call Hyatt and ask them if they see it. They are quite helpful usually.

So it seems like we can’t refer ourselves with the Hilton cards.

Thanks. I tried that offer and it told me it’s no longer available. I’m not sure if I should get the BBP since I wouldn’t get any sign up bonus or support points. I’m leaning towards no but we’re almost done with dh’s CIP3 MSR and can’t have another chase card until 9/4. I need an MSR! Lol

If you use a support a link you can get 10,000 points for spending $3,000. Not a lot but it will also give you the ability to refer to any Amex card and get 15,000 points per support click. Plus no annual fee and 2 points for every purchase and chase won’t know about it.

I don’t think I got an email. I applied 9/1/17, free night award posted 9/1/18. I have trouble finding the award night on the website. I can see on the app. View attachment 422818

From what I can see once I used it I can't see it on the website. I'll DL the app when I get a chance. All this has reminded me off the free night you get for staying at 5 different Hyatt's. I think I'll try and get that done.

My wife asked about this:

75,000 bonus points with the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card when you spend $3,000 in the first three months

I think it's a pass because better offers are 100k for these, right???

Amex has three 2 cards you can run through. Chase has 2. Once you get a card, you get locked out of the other company's product, so best to start with Amex. (Keep forgetting they axed the old SPG card since I still have it.)

Last edited:
I have never stayed at a Residence Inn or Springhill Suites so I've got no baseline for comparison.

The RI and SHS near Disneyland are literally right next to each other. They were built together and opened about 4 years ago. The only differences that I can see between them is the RI has a kitchen and a more “grown up” contemporary decor (and apparently a Pizza Hut Express that’d be a hit with DD), vs. SHS that is still modern but designed to look a bit more “family friendly” and “fun” for the kids.

I don’t know. I could go either way. My MPP anniversary is 8/8. I need to cancel the RI reservation no later than 8/10. We’ll see how prompt Chase is with depositing the FN cert. If I get it this week, then I can cancel the RI reservation, recoup 70k Bonbon points and 2 FN certs, then pair them with the 2 newer FNs I’ll hope to have in my account for a 4-night stay at the SHS.

Otherwise, I’ll just leave it as is and use the 2 FNs towards a split stay over Thanksgiving week.

The RI and SHS near Disneyland are literally right next to each other. They were built together and opened about 4 years ago. The only differences that I can see between them is the RI has a kitchen and a more “grown up” contemporary decor (and apparently a Pizza Hut Express that’d be a hit with DD), vs. SHS that is still modern but designed to look a bit more “family friendly” and “fun” for the kids.

I don’t know. I could go either way. My MPP anniversary is 8/8. I need to cancel the RI reservation no later than 8/11. We’ll see how prompt Chase is with depositing the FN cert. If I get it this week, then I can cancel the RI reservation, recoup 70k Bonbon points and 2 FN certs, then pair them with the 2 FNs I’ll hope to have in my account for a 4-night stay at the SHS.

Otherwise, I’ll just leave it as is and use the 2 FNs towards a split stay over Thanksgiving week.

Both of my Chase nights deposited within 1 day of the anniversary. But each time I saw them the day after, but with a deposit date of the anniversary. Enjoy your visit whatever you decide!

I don’t know. I could go either way. My MPP anniversary is 8/8. I need to cancel the RI reservation no later than 8/10. We’ll see how prompt Chase is with depositing the FN cert. If I get it this week, then I can cancel the RI reservation, recoup 70k Bonbon points and 2 FN certs, then pair them with the 2 newer FNs I’ll hope to have in my account for a 4-night stay at the SHS.

Ok now I just want to plan a DLR trip to use my certs. That would solve all of my problems right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter