I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhhhhh…. I SM'd Barclay yesterday since I didn't get the 10k AA miles for the employee card purchase. I got an email this morning that it was answered but when I log in it tells me I have no messages? :confused:

ETA: Ok, I found it, They marked it completed and told me I had to call... with the generic call message. :badpc:

P2's aviator business has the 10k employee bonus plus all of the spend (a little over $1,300) posted but no remaining 65k sub(?) I went over the statement and the only thing I can think of is that AF didn't post on the first statement so maybe that's why no sub yet? DH not too excited about having to call so maybe we will wait until the next statement close but is it odd that they would post the spend, which clearly met the MSR, close the statement, give the employee bonus but no sub?

Yes, this just happened to DH and I. Our new mortgage dropped both of our scores 30 points. I know it's just a matter of time before it raises again but we didn't start with the stellar scores many of you have. It was steadily rising until the mortgage hit.

Ours dropped nearly 40 pts as a result of a recent refinance and it took only two weeks after the loan funded to hit credit reports. To be honest, I didn't expect it to drop that much but it was an old loan and I'm guessing that made a big difference. On the plus side, the refi is saving us quite a bit of money and our ability to get cards doesn't seem to be affected so I guess it is what it is and it will bounce back eventually.

I have a blue cash amex and dw has a bonbon amex biz. Whats the best way to maximize the hilton biz cards? Open one with the public link then refer dw?

Yes, unless you can refer her from the blue cash for the first Amex Hilton biz? I don't have that card so couldn't play around with it to see, sorry. If that works then you could refer her, she could open and refer you...lots of Hilton points then!

So PNC is definitely better than what I had, I think it topped out at 1%, but still not as good as other online HYS. I know most are over 2% still. Looks like Discover dropped to 2.05 (had been 2.1), and they have a $200 bonus on the savings account if you can makes deposits totaling 25k. I'd not be in a rush for PNC if you had to choose.

The $300 Chase biz checking is easy enough to hit, but you'd tie up $1500 for 6 months to avoid the monthly service fees. Decisions, decisions...

As for the SafeBalance checking, it's not just for students but the only way to avoid the $4.95 monthly fee is to be a student or enroll in Preferred Rewards. When I followed the link for Preferred Rewards it stated one of the qualifications to enroll was "3-month average combined balances of $20,000 or more in qualifying Bank of America® banking accounts and/or Merrill investment accounts."
I went with the Advantage Plus for the one DD of $250 per month to waive the fee. :)
Does BoA have terms on the checking bonus like Chase? I.e. must keep the DD amount in the account for X days and you cannot close the account for X days after getting the bonus? I tried reading the offer details and all I am seeing is that you have to have the $4,000 DD in less than 90 days and then BoA will give you your bonus within 60 days of meeting it. Did I miss something? I am thinking of applying today. Just got paid so I won't have a DD for 2 weeks, but I guess that is fine.

Busy day yesterday and I’m still catching up and trying to process it all.

Thanks to our awesome SWGE AP Preview group text I was notified just before 9am eastern that registration was live.

Boring details below you can feel free to skip.

I was 5 min away from work on the freeway and immediately pulled into the closest parking lot and opened all my mobile browsers and refreshed like crazy. Even rescheduled a 1:1 with my employee to I could stalk full time. No luck and after about 45 min I headed into the office. Loaded the link on multiple browsers on my desktop and eventually one of them let me in.

Snagged the first slot for 8/17 9am-1pm.

The problem: our already scheduled trip had us returning on the 16th. :confused3

Again, thanks to this thread, I tried reaching out to Delta via Twitter. I let them know of the awesome Star Wars opportunity and asked if they could help me push out our flights. I wasn’t expecting much but they responded pretty quickly asking me to PM them the details. They offered to waive the $200/ticket change fee and I only had to pay the fare difference. Go Delta!! (I gave them a shout out on Twitter thanking them). So now we return late Saturday night.

Grabbed a room at Coronado on Priceline for a decent price ($214 w/tax). We need airline check-in for our luggage and it doesn’t look like Swolphin offers.

A huge thank you to all on this thread and those in our smaller SWGE PM group. Truly a group effort and I’m so very grateful to you all
:worship::grouphug:

Again, thanks to this thread, I tried reaching out to Delta via Twitter. I let them know of the awesome Star Wars opportunity and asked if they could help me push out our flights. I wasn’t expecting much but they responded pretty quickly asking me to PM them the details. They offered to waive the $200/ticket change fee and I only had to pay the fare difference. Go Delta!! (I gave them a shout out on Twitter thanking them). So now we return late Saturday night.
Wow that is amazing that Delta did that!

How many cards do you need to get every 95 days to achieve 416,000 AA miles???

I'm wondering as well. I'm only in P1 mode, but the best I think I can do is 60,000 (no more matches I understand), plus maybe a Barclays AA biz card. However I'm a cautious churner.

It's almost time for me to apply for a new Citi AA biz card (it's over 95 days but I'm away until August 19th). I'm going for the 60,000 offer since I have to pay off our next ABD shortly ($3,000 MSR).

I'm contemplating applying for the Barclays AA biz. Is this the one that is hard to get approved for? Not sure if I want to take the risk.

I'm wondering as well. I'm only in P1 mode, but the best I think I can do is 60,000 (no more matches I understand), plus maybe a Barclays AA biz card. However I'm a cautious churner.

It's almost time for me to apply for a new Citi AA biz card (it's over 95 days but I'm away until August 19th). I'm going for the 60,000 offer since I have to pay off our next ABD shortly ($3,000 MSR).

I'm contemplating applying for the Barclays AA biz. Is this the one that is hard to get approved for? Not sure if I want to take the risk.

Last edited:

I just got approved for AA Biz card. I opened the personal in March and have put no spend on it. I have one other Barclay card I opened 2 years ago with no spend. I got a letter from Barclay saying they were closing it. I had one inquiry on TU when I applied. My fico is 758. I'm 5/24{really 6/24 but my Gold Amex hasn't shown up on credit report yet].

I put 0 years and 0 income from business.

I wish I could get a AA Citi. They have denied me because of a medical collection I disputed from 5 years ago. None of the other banks seem to care about that and it never really affected my Fico score. I've been hanging out between 730-770 for the last five years. Maybe I'd hit 800 if I didn't have it.

Just to add I got the 'were reviewing the application message'. It took 8 days for approval. I did not call them I didn't want to answer any questions.
Hope that helps.

I’m LOL/24. My credit score is about 750 I never had it in the 800s. I think it’s because I’m young. I was getting tons of mailers for personal cards but they kinda stopped lol
I used to get the mailers as well, but they seem to have dried up recently (I never used one). I don't want to rock my 3/24 status. I definitely want to go for the MDD in (gasp) 2020 when my 48 months is up (from the CSR). So I have to be cognizant of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter