I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
minimum Spending Sunday...

What MSR/SUB are you currently working on?

Player / Card​
Amount​
P1 Amex Gold Delta Business (6/5/19)$4K (waiting on card, will be P2 primary AU card)
P1 CSP (4/17)$0.4K (should hit with upcoming utility payment)
P2 CIP (4/16)About $75 left after pending charges clear

Last edited:
DS was looking at the gift cards yesterday on eBay. People are selling them for $100 with zero balance! :eek:

He now wants to go to the Cantina. Think we can fit it in an 8 pm slot - Cantina, droid, ride? Don’t think we can split up...

I thought about the reselling aspect but I would never sell a gift card on eBay. You need to buy a Spira gift card with a minimum $100 load. I would never trust the scoundrels on eBay to honor that and not file a complaint that the item is not as described and claim the balance was $0. Unlike Raise, there’s no verifiable way to prove it in the seller’s favor. Alternatively, you’d need to scratch off the silver film to access the numbers to drain the gift card of the $100 before selling it with no balance. Then you’d be selling the Spira with the gift card number and pin in the seller’s possession. As a buyer, I’d never buy a gift card when the number and pin are in someone else’s possession without something like Raise’s 1 year guarantee. And since the Spira is metal and I’d keep using it past 1 year, even that’s useless. As a seller, I’d worry that if anything happens to the buyer’s balance, they’ll be coming back to blame me. Too much risk for me.

Another thing I noticed was people were heading to the Den of Antiquities, across from the Ronto Roasters and Docking Bay 7 QS restaurants to go looking for kyber crystals to resell. For those building lightsabers, you pick a kyber crystal color and that’s the color of your blade. If you buy one of those $50 holocron boxes, you can listen to different Jedi and Sith masters talking on different kyber crystals. You can buy different colored kyber crystals (and some pretty high end replicas) at the Den of Antiquities. Kyber crystals run about $13. But if you change your mind or want to expand your collection after leaving SWGE, there’s no where else in the parks to buy more kyber crystals so you’re stuck with eBay until after 6/23 or the next time you visit. (The same is probably true for the droid personality chips at the Droid Depot.) I heard one kid was going for kyber crystals first because he wanted a black one. Supposedly they’re super rare, like 1 in 300, but otherwise act pretty much just like a red crystal. They come in a red canister like red kyber crystals (all the kyber crystals canisters are color coded to match the color of the crystal, except the rare black ones that are like mystery prizes in a red one), but apparently he was going to shine his flashlight through the canister to find them because the black crystal appears more opaque than a red crystal. Anyway, Batuu is a wretched hive of scum and villainy, and eBay resellers.

As for your times slot, you have the 8 pm to midnight slot, right?

What I think I would do is head straight to Oga’s Cantina upon entering to put your name down on the waitlist. The crowds will split left and right. To the left are droid and lightsaber building. To the right, some CM will have a small flag directing people to form a line for Oga’s. Just follow the crowd right and then it’ll curve around the First Order courtyard. I’m assuming you may not be in the very front of the pack, and that Oga’s will still be full of guests from the 5 pm to 9 pm time slot, so you’re not going to be seated right away and will be waitlisted. They do cut off the prior group’s waitlist very early so you won’t be in line with any guests from the prior group, but the cantina will still be serving guests from the prior group with late return times. I think Oga’s had already stopped taking waitlist by the time I returned with my text message around 8:15-8:20 am during the 8 am time slot. So get that done first! Once you get on the waitlist, you can go off to do whatever else you want.

I’d head to the Droid Depot next. My wife went for the Spira gift cards first, but I’m crossing my fingers they’ll still be in stock by 8:20 pm. They were still selling the gift cards yesterday at about 11:30 am when we swung into the Droid Depot one last time. There are separate lines for the cashier if you’re just buying merchandise or the gift card, and if you’re building a droid. The droid line may be out the door, but building the droid itself is pretty quick. Once you find all the parts in the color you want, you can have your droid assembled and activated in about 10 minutes. Some miscellaneous notes. I actually walked right by the Droid Depot first thing in the morning because there were no lines out the door yet and the doors were closed (automatic open). The Droid Depot and Savi’s Workshop don’t have any obvious signs with lettering; they’re very nondescript and blend into the environment. Also, my wife wanted a backpack for her droid, but they were sold out of the droid backpacks yesterday. I thought it was silly because she’ll probably never use the backpack again, but the boxes they give you to carry your droid gets heavy and is clunky, and the flap that’s supposed to keep the lid closed was sliding out by the end of our slot.

If you can be outside when it’s time to watch the fireworks, that’s the new thing. From pics on social media, it looks like the best spot is the open courtyard in front of the Millennium Falcon, or the terrace in front of Docking Bay 7 with slightly elevated views of the Millennium Falcon courtyard. It’ll probably feel crowded because you know the 5 pm to 9 pm time slot guests are going to linger for the fireworks.

The Millennium Falcon ride was consistently showing at 60 minutes on the Disneyland app almost all of last night, but dropped to 15 minutes and then 10 minutes after about 10:30 pm. I think if you can be patient and save your last hour for the Millennium Falcon, you can probably fit in 2-3 rides.

Last edited:

Player / Card​
Amount​
P1 Amex Gold Delta Business (6/5/19)$4K (waiting on card, will be P2 primary AU card)
P1 Citi AA Biz (5/19)$3.4K (P1 primary spend right now)
P2 Barclays Aviator Biz (5/8)$1K (waiting in Barclays fraud purgatory :badpc: )

Citi AA Biz 2- $675 to go. Added another $125 to it this morning when I woke up to find our AC wasn't working :sad2: Fortunately, we have a home warranty policy and our actual unit still sounds fine and is running, it's just not blowing any air into the house at all.

Hilton Biz- $3k. Waiting for this to get here in the mail.

DH's Citi AA Biz 2- I'm going to put another $250 on this since I got the $250 statement credit for buying an AA GC. We've already earned the miles, but I'm going to play it safe.

I had to go to Costco yesterday and put that on my CFU since I don't have a Visa I'm working on spend on right now!! Hopefully that will change in the next week or so with CIP2.

:offtopic:Kind of...anyone have an air printer for the iPad that they would recommend? I have discounted iTunes funds to use and get tired of always having to use the laptop to print to our wireless printer.
Not sure if anyone answered, but I don’t use an air printer with my iPad. Pull up whatever you want to print, just like you’re going to use AirPrint. Then go to settings and look for your wireless printer on WiFi. Connect iPad to printer, then go back to your page to print (iPad will at this point not be connected to WiFi, only the printer, so will not be connected to the internet unless it has its own cellular service) After printing you will have to go back and reconnect iPad to WiFi.

Yeah I want to get another CIP as well, but I need to wait until July. I applied for the Delta Platinum Biz ($6K MSR) in the mean time. We have some big expenses pretty soon, so I should be able to do both.
Is it odd to be upset I do not have big expenses so that I can easily get both?!? Churning problems 101. AMEX is hard with no mortgage and no car loan.

I am wondering if you will have problems getting the umbrellas back home. Have no idea, but just seems like something that would not be allowed on plane. Unless it fits in your luggage, I guess. I traveled with my DDs friend one time and she had her leg roller in her carry on bag because we were traveling for a race. We got detained for a possible sword in luggage. Lol. It took us forever to figure out what in the heck they were talking about. They wouldn’t just open the luggage and look, they had to call more people over to look at the X-ray. It was weird.
Dh was convinced it would fit in our checked bag so I guess we’ll see. They were only $10 so really not a big deal if we can’t bring them home. It’s supposed to rain a lot while we’re here so it’s worth the $10

Not sure if anyone answered, but I don’t use an air printer with my iPad. Pull up whatever you want to print, just like you’re going to use AirPrint. Then go to settings and look for your wireless printer on WiFi. Connect iPad to printer, then go back to your page to print (iPad will at this point not be connected to WiFi, only the printer, so will not be connected to the internet unless it has its own cellular service) After printing you will have to go back and reconnect iPad to WiFi.
@Alexle2007 I can print to my wireless printer just fine through my iPad. No connecting/disconnecting wifi or anything. I just click that icon with the up arrow and then scroll on the second row of icons to find the print icon. Click that and it shows my printer. TBH, I don't remember how I told it my printer name or how the iPad found it.

Player / Card​
Amount​
P1 Citi AA Biz (5/19)$3.4K (P1 primary spend right now)
P2 Barclays Aviator Biz (5/8)$1K (waiting in Barclays fraud purgatory :badpc: )

Citi AA Biz 2- $675 to go. Added another $125 to it this morning when I woke up to find our AC wasn't working :sad2: Fortunately, we have a home warranty policy and our actual unit still sounds fine and is running, it's just not blowing any air into the house at all.

Hilton Biz- $3k. Waiting for this to get here in the mail.

DH's Citi AA Biz 2- I'm going to put another $250 on this since I got the $250 statement credit for buying an AA GC. We've already earned the miles, but I'm going to play it safe.

I had to go to Costco yesterday and put that on my CFU since I don't have a Visa I'm working on spend on right now!! Hopefully that will change in the next week or so with CIP2.
I sucked it up and paid fees on a $200 Visa GC with my Amex so I can shop at Costco.
Is it odd to be upset I do not have big expenses so that I can easily get both?!? Churning problems 101. AMEX is hard with no mortgage and no car loan.
Amex is hard even with car loan and mortgage. Mortgage isn’t allowed, car loan I pushed thru and insurance payment wouldn’t work either. I managed to put some spend on yesterday thanks to yard & garden stuff plus vet. I really want another Chase Card but needed Hilton for next years plans.

Transferring points. I like to have my points all together, mostly because while I have a P2 for getting points, he doesn't travel as much and I use most/all of the points!

I just saw on the Marriott site you can transfer 100K points per year. You used to be able to do this on SPG site without calling but it looks like now you have to call. Bummer since I'll need to get him to at least start the conversation.

For Hilton, is it easy to transfer points? Do I need to call? or is there a way on-line to do that?

@Alexle2007 I can print to my wireless printer just fine through my iPad. No connecting/disconnecting wifi or anything. I just click that icon with the up arrow and then scroll on the second row of icons to find the print icon. Click that and it shows my printer. TBH, I don't remember how I told it my printer name or how the iPad found it.
My iPad is older so maybe that’s why, but mine doesn’t show my printer and will say No AirPrinter found. It should “see” the printer, I didn’t set anything up, but the wireless printer is on and shows on all devices. I can print from my iPhone also.

Minimum Spending Sunday-

For some reason my computer didn't like @bernina's chart. Darn technology...

I completed 2 MSRs yesterday and am waiting on P2's Amex Plat Delta Biz.

P2-6K for 80 skypesos (I think?) which will be met easily with flood insurance 1 and 2, homeowner's warranty and homeowner's insurance (including windstorm). The total is $5875 so I'll spend the remaining $125 on dog food (or Father's Day brunch out). Hurry up Amex!!

P2 is 2800/5000 for CiP. He's a slow but steady spender so hopefully he'll make the MSR without a "nudge" from me :rolleyes2

Last edited:
I sucked it up and paid fees on a $200 Visa GC with my Amex so I can shop at Costco

I thought about picking one up yesterday but just didn't have the time. I only spent $60 at Costco so not a huge amount of money lost towards MSR. I shouldn't need to go again until after I hopefully have a new CIP in hand. If not, I'll be picking up some VGC with my groceries at Kroger with our Hilton Biz.

I thought about the reselling aspect but I would never sell a gift card on eBay. You need to buy a Spira gift card with a minimum $100 load. I would never trust the scoundrels on eBay to honor that and not file a complaint that the item is not as described and claim the balance was $0. Unlike Raise, there’s no verifiable way to prove it in the seller’s favor. Alternatively, you’d need to scratch off the silver film to access the numbers to drain the gift card of the $100 before selling it with no balance. Then you’d be selling the Spira with the gift card number and pin in the seller’s possession. As a buyer, I’d never buy a gift card when the number and pin are in someone else’s possession without something like Raise’s 1 year guarantee. And since the Spira is metal and I’d keep using it past 1 year, even that’s useless. As a seller, I’d worry that if anything happens to the buyer’s balance, they’ll be coming back to blame me. Too much risk for me.

Another thing I noticed was people were heading to the Den of Antiquities, across from the Ronto Roasters and Docking Bay 7 QS restaurants to go looking for kyber crystals to resell. For those building lightsabers, you pick a kyber crystal color and that’s the color of your blade. If you buy one of those $50 holocron boxes, you can listen to different Jedi and Sith masters talking on different kyber crystals. You can buy different colored kyber crystals (and some pretty high end replicas) at the Den of Antiquities. Kyber crystals run about $13. But if you change your mind or want to expand your collection after leaving SWGE, there’s no where else in the parks to buy more kyber crystals so you’re stuck with eBay until after 6/23 or the next time you visit. (The same is probably true for the droid personality chips at the Droid Depot.) I heard one kid was going for kyber crystals first because he wanted a black one. Supposedly they’re super rare, like 1 in 300, but otherwise act pretty much just like a red crystal. They come in a red canister like red kyber crystals (all the kyber crystals canisters are color coded to match the color of the crystal, except the rare black ones that are like mystery prizes in a red one), but apparently he was going to shine his flashlight through the canister to find them because the black crystal appears more opaque than a red crystal. Anyway, Batuu is a wretched hive of scum and villainy, and eBay resellers.

As for your times slot, you have the 8 pm to midnight slot, right?

What I think I would do is head straight to Oga’s Cantina upon entering to put your name down on the waitlist. The crowds will split left and right. To the left are droid and lightsaber building. To the right, some CM will have a small flag directing people to form a line for Oga’s. Just follow the crowd right and then it’ll curve around the First Order courtyard. I’m assuming you may not be in the very front of the pack, and that Oga’s will still be full of guests from the 5 pm to 9 pm time slot, so you’re not going to be seated right away and will be waitlisted. They do cut off the prior group’s waitlist very early so you won’t be in line with any guests from the prior group, but the cantina will still be serving guests from the prior group with late return times. I think Oga’s had already stopped taking waitlist by the time I returned with my text message around 8:15-8:20 am during the 8 am time slot. So get that done first! Once you get on the waitlist, you can go off to do whatever else you want.

I’d head to the Droid Depot next. My wife went for the Spira gift cards first, but I’m crossing my fingers they’ll still be in stock by 8:20 pm. They were still selling the gift cards yesterday at about 11:30 am when we swung into the Droid Depot one last time. There are separate lines for the cashier if you’re just buying merchandise or the gift card, and if you’re building a droid. The droid line may be out the door, but building the droid itself is pretty quick. Once you find all the parts in the color you want, you can have your droid assembled and activated in about 10 minutes. Some miscellaneous notes. I actually walked right by the Droid Depot first thing in the morning because there were no lines out the door yet and the doors were closed (automatic open). The Droid Depot and Savi’s Workshop don’t have any obvious signs with lettering; they’re very nondescript and blend into the environment. Also, my wife wanted a backpack for her droid, but they were sold out of the droid backpacks yesterday. I thought it was silly because she’ll probably never use the backpack again, but the boxes they give you to carry your droid gets heavy and is clunky, and the flap that’s supposed to keep the lid closed was sliding out by the end of our slot.

If you can be outside when it’s time to watch the fireworks, that’s the new thing. From pics on social media, it looks like the best spot is the open courtyard in front of the Millennium Falcon, or the terrace in front of Docking Bay 7 with slightly elevated views of the Millennium Falcon courtyard. It’ll probably feel crowded because you know the 5 pm to 9 pm time slot guests are going to linger for the fireworks.

The Millennium Falcon ride was consistently showing at 60 minutes on the Disneyland app almost all of last night, but dropped to 15 minutes and then 10 minutes after about 10:30 pm. I think if you can be patient and save your last hour for the Millennium Falcon, you can probably fit in 2-3 rides.

Awesome! Thank you so much! Really invaluable details. :thanks:

Transferring points. I like to have my points all together, mostly because while I have a P2 for getting points, he doesn't travel as much and I use most/all of the points!

I just saw on the Marriott site you can transfer 100K points per year. You used to be able to do this on SPG site without calling but it looks like now you have to call. Bummer since I'll need to get him to at least start the conversation.

For Hilton, is it easy to transfer points? Do I need to call? or is there a way on-line to do that?

Transferring and consolidating points with Hilton is incredibly easy, and free!

Hilton lets you do Points Pooling, where several members contribute points to a pool, or direct person-to-person transfers. Both are subject to a limit of 500k points sent and 2 million points received per calendar year.

For transferring points between spouses: When you log into P2's Hilton account, in the side menu under My Points, click More Ways to Use Points, then click Transfer Your Points. Select the number of points you want to transfer, in 1,000 points increments, up to 500k, enter your P2's first name, last name, HH number, and email. That's it. It can take ~24 hours for the transfer to complete.

Here's the fine print:

Hilton Honors Members can transfer Hilton Honors Points to another Hilton Honors Member through Points Pooling or 1-to-1 transfer in increments of 1,000 Points and up to 500,000 Points. Each Hilton Honors Member is limited to sending no more than five hundred thousand (500,000) Points and receiving two million (2,000,000) Points via Points Pooling or Transfers combined per calendar year. Each Hilton Honors Member is limited to making six (6) transfers to other member accounts and six (6) Hilton Points Pooling transactions per calendar year. Invitations to join a Points Pool is not considered transactional. Transactions refer to the transfer of Points to another member account either through 1-to-1 account transfers or through Points Pooling.

Any points beyond these limits will not be posted to any Member's account. Limits are at the sole discretion of Hilton Honors Worldwide L.L.C., subject to change.

A new Hilton Honors Member can pool, transfer, or receive Points 30 days after enrollment providing they have activity on their account. After 90 days of enrollment, a new Member is eligible to pool, transfer, or receive Points regardless of their account activity.

Seriously considering a quick trip in August to Disneyland for me and my daughter. Can you transfer UR's to Alaska Airlines? Prices are cheaper on the AA site.

If anyone has a second, would you mind looking at the Jetblue site and see if you can see any availability for flights in February? I'm looking specifically RIC to MCO, but it looks like maybe they just haven't loaded flights period even though it says you can book through February now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter