I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
moral question here... looking at Swolphin with AA miles for one night. It's about 3k more miles to add a 3rd person to the room... but really, does it matter if there is an extra person in the room... there is no park time planned, no pool time, nothing like DME we'd be using... I see no reason to pay 3k more miles...
I personally feel like it truly doesn't matter overall. And I also personally feel the level of detail that a disney hotel demands about people in the room is awful. (don't get me started,I've been babbling about this for many years)

I've been so out of the loop here on the boards, I just saw this...thanks for the heads up. I agree, it needs to be bigger, but ugh...I'm flying out next weekend for Disney (part of the reason I've been MIA here...trying desperately to wrap up with work stuff and pack and get life in general in order before we go) and wanted to hit up the lounge. Any chance this photo isn't showing that part of the club is still operating (wishful thinking).....?

Speaking of packing...any DCL cruise veterans have any suggestions on must pack items for the cruise? I'm stressing out packing for both the parks and the cruise....is that normal? Is it just me? Why is packing so stressful for me?!?

I hate packing too! The bottom line is, if I forget something there are only about 8-10 things I can't replace quickly or easily:

1)passport/ID
2)phone and charger
3) currency (for me, an Amex/CSR/a little cash)
4)contacts
5)glasses
6) mouthguard
7) Kindle
8) broken in shoes plus socks (more for the parks)
9) meds (prescription)

So first, make that list for you! Then, ensure you have that (check double check check again) packed the day of.

Then, things that are good to have but CAN be bought on the way/at WDW if needs must:
1)underwear
2) swimsuit (I've also bought one on the ship)/sandals/flip flops
3) casual clothes (tshirts, shorts, capris, workout clothes)
4) sweatshirt/hoodie (it can be cold on the ship since the A/C works well)
5) sunscreen
6) makeup/toothbrush/toothpaste
7)brush/scrunchie
8) slightly dressier outfit for MDRs
9) Palo approved outfit if going there (or one of the fancy restaurants in WDW)

BOOM, done. You can read all sorts of lists about Things You Must Pack but it's basically a beach vacation (unless you're going to Europe) so you don't need to get super bogged down. Trust me, I've forgotten everything from a toothbrush to makeup to a swimsuit to reading material and enjoyed my cruise. DH forgot his nice clothes for Palo on our anniversary cruise and we just cancelled, no big deal.

Have fun!

Who's done AA Citi Biz card #2 just straight off the public links? I read the thread on Reddit....I'm going to cancel my citi biz today and I want to get going on my next spend.
Tried so hard to catch up but just fell waaayy behind!!!

Any DPs in Citi 2nd biz with public link? Is it for sure dead? My 95 days was this week.

Trying to keep Amex happy with DH so spending on those cards and hoping to get out of pop up hell. He is 3/24 so I’m itching to fill that spot but aspire would be a great choice.
Think I’ll go got CIP3 on 7/1!!!!

I left my CitiBiz#1 (from 10/2017) open, used a public CitiBiz offer and got the bonus.

I left DH's CitiBiz#1 (from 7/2017) open, used a public CitiBiz offer and he was approved for the card and met MSR but no bonus posted. Got letter saying he was ineligible for the bonus.

So it was a crapshoot. FWIW my app was on 4/1/19, his app was on 4/11/19.

I hate packing too! The bottom line is, if I forget something there are only about 8-10 things I can't replace quickly or easily:

1)passport/ID
2)phone and charger
3) currency (for me, an Amex/CSR/a little cash)
4)contacts
5)glasses
6) mouthguard
7) Kindle
8) broken in shoes plus socks (more for the parks)
9) meds (prescription)

So first, make that list for you! Then, ensure you have that (check double check check again) packed the day of.

Then, things that are good to have but CAN be bought on the way/at WDW if needs must:
1)underwear
2) swimsuit (I've also bought one on the ship)/sandals/flip flops
3) casual clothes (tshirts, shorts, capris, workout clothes)
4) sweatshirt/hoodie (it can be cold on the ship since the A/C works well)
5) sunscreen
6) makeup/toothbrush/toothpaste
7)brush/scrunchie
8) slightly dressier outfit for MDRs
9) Palo approved outfit if going there (or one of the fancy restaurants in WDW)

BOOM, done. You can read all sorts of lists about Things You Must Pack but it's basically a beach vacation (unless you're going to Europe) so you don't need to get super bogged down. Trust me, I've forgotten everything from a toothbrush to makeup to a swimsuit to reading material and enjoyed my cruise. DH forgot his nice clothes for Palo on our anniversary cruise and we just cancelled, no big deal.

Have fun!

Thanks!!! Were doing Remy for our anniversary dinner, and I completely forgot that there's a dress code for those onboard adult restaurants. And I would've forgot my retainers too, so thanks for that reminder! My packing list is gettting longer and longer.

I've been so out of the loop here on the boards, I just saw this...thanks for the heads up. I agree, it needs to be bigger, but ugh...I'm flying out next weekend for Disney (part of the reason I've been MIA here...trying desperately to wrap up with work stuff and pack and get life in general in order before we go) and wanted to hit up the lounge. Any chance this photo isn't showing that part of the club is still operating (wishful thinking).....?

Speaking of packing...any DCL cruise veterans have any suggestions on must pack items for the cruise? I'm stressing out packing for both the parks and the cruise....is that normal? Is it just me? Why is packing so stressful for me?!?

Yes, it was open and he got in this time. I guess the construction could have been there a few weeks before and he didn't notice. That was when he couldn't get in because it was too full. We fly out the 16th, so hoping we get in next weekend also!

Yes, it was open and he got in this time. I guess the construction could have been there a few weeks before and he didn't notice. That was when he couldn't get in because it was too full. We fly out the 16th, so hoping we get in next weekend also!

Yay! I'm glad it's still open. We'll miss you by a day...we're flying out on the 15th. I hope the lounge won't be too full to get in, because I plan on feeding the kids lunch there. My little one likes the pierogies.

moral question here... looking at Swolphin with AA miles for one night. It's about 3k more miles to add a 3rd person to the room... but really, does it matter if there is an extra person in the room... there is no park time planned, no pool time, nothing like DME we'd be using... I see no reason to pay 3k more miles...
I was just looking at swan on there too. I think I will book and call to add my kids. Is yours an adult though? See if booking direct charges an adult fee. If so, I'd sneak him or her in, TBH, since you don't need 60 day FP access or anything.

What's his 5/24 status, since it'll take up a slot? I want to get my DH the Aspire, seems it pays for itself. $250 airline credit, $250 resort credit, 1 weekend night each year (that you get right away, don't have to wait for the first anniversary). The first 2 already pays for the AF.
I'm not seeing the airline credit. Am I overlooking it? He is 2/24 with one falling off in September. I tend to lay low with his credit profile and hit mine harder.

Just curious--not going to apply for anything anytime soon other than a CIP for me via dh's--

What AmEx is best for travel purchases---airfare, trains, hotels? And is there a handy chart listing all AmEx cards with their bonus categories? I am stuck on mobile today and am not having good luck w searches :sad2:

I was just looking at swan on there too. I think I will book and call to add my kids. Is yours an adult though? See if booking direct charges an adult fee. If so, I'd sneak him or her in, TBH, since you don't need 60 day FP access or anything.
It is an adult, and it does charge an extra fee. I just don't feel bad in the slightest if we aren't using anything. It will literally be ILs plus aunt ubering to Swolphin, checking in, dinner/hang out in DS, next morning we get car from Swolphin Alamo desk to go the cruise. Maybe walk the boardwalk since we won't be in a big rush to get going since our port arrival isn't until 12;30pm

I'm not seeing the airline credit. Am I overlooking it? He is 2/24 with one falling off in September. I tend to lay low with his credit profile and hit mine harder.
It's listed under Additional Benefits or Featured Benefits, depending on the page layout I've looked it. Easy to overlook since it's the same dollar value as the Resort Credit they splash all over.

The resort credit is only available on select list of resorts, so if you're not going to stay at one that probably changes the balance the bit. But I believe you can double dip the airline credit so just that balances the AF (assuming you have cash flights you'd have paid for) even without the resort credit.

Yay! I'm glad it's still open. We'll miss you by a day...we're flying out on the 15th. I hope the lounge won't be too full to get in, because I plan on feeding the kids lunch there. My little one likes the pierogies.

I believe @georgina was flying out on the 15th too! I like the pierogies too. lol I wondered if they were catered in from a local restaurant.

Last edited:
A random question... but booking the AAA rate at Marriott through my Marriott account would still earn me a night credit, right?

I understand that and agree it's a big part of the reason. I read all the comments and agree with them that being 75/24 could have also played a role in it.

But that still leaves my question from before, how did he get another CIP when he'd been shutdown. The entire picture isn't there and no one here was doing what he was doing.

I kind of see it. A common thread in early shutdown reports was a recent Chase application. The theory was an application triggered a closer review of your accounts in general. Many people were approved for new Chase cards, then shut down shortly thereafter (which I think is totally bonkers, but that's another story). The CIP is known to go pending, auto-approvals are rare. It could be he applied, got reviewed, got shut down, but his application was caught up in whatever automated process Chase's approvals use, and as such he was approved. Who knows for sure though.

But that just goes to show you what I think is the big problem with Chase themselves when it comes to shutdowns. In extreme examples like this then yes, go ahead, but for others who are just going too fast, why can't they just deny the application? Why is it ok to take it to such an extreme - a full accounts shutdown?

@SouthFayetteFan beat Chase to the punch by 2 days with the announcement of the Southwest support link update. Sorry Chase, you were late to your own announcement.

Got the email for my SW card around 2pm today about this NEW feature. Felt like old news:laughing:
I would say "I'll try not to let this go to my head"...but it's honestly already TOO LATE!! :lmao:

<== Legend in my own mind!!

That is pretty hilarious though that I broke the news before Chase did. I swear that I DO NOT work at Chase. LOL!

Between Chase application (CIP#1 to CIP#2), NO personal card application for 3 months?
I was approved for CIP#1 on 4/18/2019, hoping to apply for CIP#2 after 7/20/2019, but I saw Barclay Arrival getting pulled today.............and wondered if I should apply.
Maybe not a good idea since my Barclay AA Biz is still pending approval due to ID verification (just sent documents a few days ago). I am at 1/24

Amex Delta Plat Personal 3/29/2019 - MSR finished
CIP 4/18/2019 - MSR finished
Citi biz AA 5/3/2019 - MSR almost done
Barclay AA biz 5/26/2019 - Pending waiting for ID verification
Amex Delta Gold biz 5/31/2019 - waiting for card arrival

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter