I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIG SOUTHWEST SUPPORT CLICK NEWS!!
You can now generate a support link from ANY Southwest Card to ANY other Southwest Card.

AND for the first time (ever?) you can now generate support clicks to SW Business cards for the 60k Offer!! Unfortunately the personal cards all still point to the lower 40k offer. The "big" news part of this is obviously being able to generate support for a SW biz card. If you have a personal SW you can now get 70k SW points out of just one application by having a spouse use the support link OR "self-supporting".

If you generate the support click it goes to a landing page where you can choose to apply for ANY Southwest Card.

Any old Southwest support links will not update to this new format as they won't include the "226f" portion of the link.

Also be aware that this new link appears to ALWAYS land on the SW Plus card no matter which card generated the link. On mobile you'll see the cards listed top to bottom. On Desktop you'll see them listed from left to right. You have to make sure to select the business card tab THEN say apply now.

Special thanks for @palhockeymomof2 for checking one detail on this for me too :)

I got my Amex Gold card today. I was approved on Thursday. It came UPS today. A big relief I'm leaving for WDW in a week. My Aspire card hasn't even been printed yet(according to Amex web site). It's OK I prefer to meet my MSR's one at a time. I'll be done with the Gold before the end of June and then I can start my aspire strategy. Nothing like a trip to WDW to meet your MSR.

I got an email to upgrade to ascend for 150,000 bonus pts. Great!!!! Couldn't you have sent me that before I upgraded to the Aspire. The 95.00 AF and the 3k spend would have been much more palatable. I would have gladly upgraded to the Aspire in 6 months. I think Amex is just messing with my mind. First they deny me a bonus's on every card and now they're offering me upgrades left and right.

So I was going to think on this a bit since you have a few directions but my brain just keeps coming back to this "Groceries - 2k a month " and screaming AmEx Gold FTW! But that only works if where you buy your groceries actually codes as a grocer/supermarket for AmEx. If it's mostly Walmart or Warehouse clubs or other types of stores then that's definitely not as helpful. MR would help with your Hilton balance and Delta flights if they turn out to work for this trip.

Since you have the United travel certs to use, part of me is also thinking to try Chase UR since you can use those for United. But 4k worth of certs will go differently depending on if you decide on Europe or NZ.

But your best return in a short period is going to be sign up bonuses. And you may have to decide what goal you want to work towards.. From that I'd decide which I'd want to do first and then start there.

Awesome! Thanks! Looking mostly for lodging..we have 4K in travel certificates we will use for airfare, and enough miles plus a companion ticket for 2 tickets..if our daughter ends up going to St. Andrews for graduate school- we’ll go to Scotland but won’t know until January, if not- we were looking at Paris/Germany/Austria or New Zealsnd- than will purely depend on which gives us best airfare for first week of May...I need to move fast on tickets once we find out about her plans, so want to plan out those three itineraries- I’ll check the hotels!!

BIG SOUTHWEST SUPPORT CLICK NEWS!!
You can now generate a support link from ANY Southwest Card to ANY other Southwest Card.

AND for the first time (ever?) you can now generate support clicks to SW Business cards for the 60k Offer!! Unfortunately the personal cards all still point to the lower 40k offer. The "big" news part of this is obviously being able to generate support for a SW biz card. If you have a personal SW you can now get 70k SW points out of just one application by having a spouse use the support link OR "self-supporting".

If you generate the support click it goes to a landing page where you can choose to apply for ANY Southwest Card.

Any old Southwest support links will not update to this new format as they won't include the "226f" portion of the link.

Also be aware that this new link appears to ALWAYS land on the SW Plus card no matter which card generated the link. On mobile you'll see the cards listed top to bottom. On Desktop you'll see them listed from left to right. You have to make sure to select the business card tab THEN say apply now.

Special thanks for @palhockeymomof2 for checking one detail on this for me too :)
FYI - I updated my links on DISchurners so you could see a template for how to list these now. I would always use the landing page and the user can then find the apply now. Don't just use the "apply now" link as that doesn't show somebody what the bonus is.

Also - you can only generate these links through the website from what I can see. The mobile app doesn't seem to generate them (yet).

Wow I was gone all day and I'm 10 pages behind! Slow down everyone, I can't keep up! :rotfl:

Did you check for a room for 3 people? I'm asking because the thing I hate about PHs is that you can only book the lowest category room they have, and the ones overseas never allow 3 to a room. We stayed at the PH Paris with DD and had to find a different way to book that room (basically a sale room and then used points to upgrade) since I couldn't get a room for 3 on points. At the time I thought it was just Paris, but have since noticed the issue at every PH I've checked. It's one of the reasons we splurged on the PH NY - DD wasn't staying with us. I find this really annoying since going forward I'd like to book things and give her the option of joining us if she is able to.

TLDR: Try looking for a room for 2 and see if that works. If so, the issue is looking for 3.

I did do a search for 2 and 3. 3 guests are allowed, but the cash rate goes up about $250/night (extra person fee?). Still can't book award reservations, so I can't really check what I'd be in for.

Last edited:
I have to admit...DH and I watch the frozen singalong....each trip now....we ever use to....but went last May when we had 4 littles ones with us....really enjoyed it...the narrators are funny and their dialogue is different every time
We’ve actually never seen the frozen sing along or any of the other shows at hs (besides fantastic). We aren’t big show people. Dh didn’t like lion king or Nemo at ak.

Wow I was gone all day and I'm 10 pages behind! Slow down everyone, I can't keep up! :rotfl:

Did you check for a room for 3 people? I'm asking because the thing I hate about PHs is that you can only book the lowest category room they have, and the ones overseas never allow 3 to a room. We stayed at the PH Paris with DD and had to find a different way to book that room (basically a sale room and then used points to upgrade) since I couldn't get a room for 3 on points. At the time I thought it was just Paris, but have since noticed the issue at every PH I've checked. It's one of the reasons we splurged on the PH NY - DD wasn't staying with us. I find this really annoying since going forward I'd like to book things and give her the option of joining us if she is able to.

TLDR: Try looking for a room for 2 and see if that works. If so, the issue is looking for 3.
Is this standard for all Park Hyatt's? I don't understand a hotel room only being for 2. I guess I will cross them off my hotels list, since we usually need room for 8 😂

180K for two people round trip in business class? That's awesome!
Yep! It was very easy to get 180k. The only thing we didn’t like was we waited too long to join the credit card game which meant we couldn’t fly out of Chicago but it worked out fine in the end because we were able to park our car at my aunt’s house for free.

I got my Amex Gold card today. I was approved on Thursday. It came UPS today. A big relief I'm leaving for WDW in a week. My Aspire card hasn't even been printed yet(according to Amex web site). It's OK I prefer to meet my MSR's one at a time. I'll be done with the Gold before the end of June and then I can start my aspire strategy. Nothing like a trip to WDW to meet your MSR.

I got an email to upgrade to ascend for 150,000 bonus pts. Great!!!! Couldn't you have sent me that before I upgraded to the Aspire. The 95.00 AF and the 3k spend would have been much more palatable. I would have gladly upgraded to the Aspire in 6 months. I think Amex is just messing with my mind. First they deny me a bonus's on every card and now they're offering me upgrades left and right.

Where can I find the status of new card being made/shipped? I got approved for Amex Delta Gold Biz last Friday, waiting for it to arrive

We’ve actually never seen the frozen sing along or any of the other shows at hs (besides fantastic). We aren’t big show people. Dh didn’t like lion king or Nemo at ak.

I agree. The Nemo show was so long. I like shows but that’s like a thing I do once every few years not every trip. I do love the carousel of progress, tiki room, country bears and the American adventure is my absolute favorite but everything else meh lol

I’m sorry not that many people were targeted for the Lowe’s offer. I had it on the 3 cards but DH didn’t have it on his two. Randomly enough I know that I used the offer on my Hyatt and IHG last time it was offered months ago. I better get to Lowe’s this week and have gift card palooza. I still have $400 to spend on the Amex offer.

I got paranoid today that I would wait too long to apply for the CIP. Pending at 30 days. Fingers crossed. With the DVC contract I can make the MSR for it on one fail swoop. It just needs to get approved and come quickly.

I would be totally comfortable riding an Uber or Lyft with my DD in the city, and actually have when my car was in the shop. Ubers are ridiculously plentiful in San Francisco, and you shouldn't have to wait too long for an Uber X ride. From either the Parc 55 or the Hilton Union Square, it's pretty much a 6-8 minute ride straight west on Ellis and down Hyde, then you're at the Orpheum. The ride back to either hotel is a little more complicated because of all the weird traffic signals/signs and dedicated lanes around mid-Market. Both hotels are close together, so I don't think it makes much of a difference logistically. The Hilton is a large convention hotel on a very bustling stretch of O'Farrell Street. The Parc 55 is smaller, located kind of on a side street, but closer to Market Street so it's slightly more walkable to the cable car turnaround on Powell, the Westfield mall and other shopping on Market. I haven't stayed at either, so I can't opine on the rooms personally.

How are you getting to San Francisco? Driving? Flying?

We'll be driving. I saw a reference on the Parc 55 Trip Advisor page to parking being something like $80/night :scared1: so I'll probably be trying to use something like Parking Panda to find alternate parking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter