I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want/need another CIP. Credit limits all lowered over last 2 months. It is 3 months since last Chase card (Ink Cash) is June 11th. I don’t have any other business cards. Last application Chase can see is October 2018. I know the wisdom is 3 months but I need to have the card by June 12. (So I can make spend in one fail swoop on the DVC contract). Any thoughts if I should just apply now since it is June and call it good or wait a couple more days? I am sick of waiting...and hello it is June!
If you get immediate approval and ask to have it expedited, you should have it in 2 days. So maybe wait a few more days?

I have finished the MSR on DH's CIP (applied end of March) and my CIP2 (applied mid-April), so I am itching for another card also. I am eligible for a CSP bonus, so plan to have DH refer me next for that, I may try in June (only 2 months) or have DH get another CIP first.

We took a Princess cruise north from Vancouver, but did the land portion on our own. I wanted to focus on Denali NP and none of the cruise tours had enough time in Denali. We rented an RV and camped in the Savage River campground, then took the shuttle bus throughout the park.

There are no national park lodges within Denali. There are some hotels outside the parks entrance and in the Denali State Park many miles away.https://www.nps.gov/dena/planyourvisit/lodging.htm

considering doing the same... rent an RV in Anchorage and drive north to fairbanks. passing Denali too. may be a trip this summer.

Do you know what number you called? Did a number pop up after application went through? I don’t do spreadsheets either. So make room on the couch!

I can't remember-I think there was a phone number after the denial statement which popped up saying I'd get a letter explaining why.

But...it was a long time (haha) ago and I can't swear to it.

Heading to my couch in the shame clubhouse with a diet dr p!

Ugh...our 5pm SW flight home tomorrow was cancelled....was able to book a 9pm flight home....will get home after midnight...not looking forward to work Monday....
SW Rep didn’t know why...told me to email customers service and ask for compensation....anyone have experience with this....I have no idea what to ask for
I'm still working on my claim for our cancelled SW flight a few days ago. Did you use your CSR for any part of any of the tickets? Save all of your receipts. I still am waiting for SW to give my proof of cancellation and the reason for the cancellation.
Unfortunately, when they cancel due to weather, they don't owe you any compensation.

Thank you, @wanderlust7 , I was wondering about the manta ray swim at night. I have two 16 year olds and they thought it would be scary. We'll check out Kealakekua Bay. We are staying 8 days in Kaanapali, 3 in Hilo and 2 in Kona.

Were they thinking scary in terms of being out in the ocean in the dark or in terms of the mantas? The boat doesn't go very far from shore, so we still saw the lights from the Sheraton Kona. Plus the lights on the boat and the flood lights they use to attract the plankton that in turn attracts the mantas. So in that respect, I didn't think it was scary. The manta rays don't have stingers like the stingrays. They're huge, so when they get close it was more a feeling of awe than fear. Since we were snorkeling though, they didn't get close that often. I was seriously jealous of the scuba divers! The water was a little choppy. I think they had a line to guide us out and back to the boat. We had life vests on plus they gave us pool noodles too.

We went with Fair Winds for both the Kealakekua Bay and the manta ray tour. There's a discount for booking multiple tours. Your time in Kona is pretty short though, so that might be too much.

I'm still working on my claim for our cancelled SW flight a few days ago. Did you use your CSR for any part of any of the tickets? Save all of your receipts. I still am waiting for SW to give my proof of cancellation and the reason for the cancellation.
Unfortunately, when they cancel due to weather, they don't owe you any compensation.
Thanks...yes weather...definitely...no compensation....this flight was cancelled at 11am today..flight was at 5 tomorrow...son in law is a air traffic controller...looked and said nothing weather related yet for tomorrow.
I did use my CSR for the $5.60 ....Unless something else happens and the 9pm flight is cancelled only extra meal will be dinner...and I think DH wants to go to the Priority pass lounge for that...quite a change from a year ago..when he thought this was all a scam

ITA..... I am from Japan, and with my family of 4, I don’t know when I can even visit. Flight alone will cost $8K, and since I don’t have any family members there, we’ll need to pay the hotel
My (retired) parents paid the bulk of the costs for TWELVE of us to go this past fall. My mom and aunt were born there and I visited twice as a child (staying with family) and once as an adult (stayed with family). Since there were so many of us this time, we had to do multiple hotel rooms (I think it was 3 nights at TDR and 6 in Kyoto). I don't even want to know what the total trip cost was. I just gave my parents my tax return last spring to contribute toward part of it but it was essentially a gift. My kids will never go again (they have no connection) and my relatives who still live there (to whom I do have a connection) are, sadly, aging.

But the second we got home, my husband wanted to go back. So, the next financial goal is for just the two of us to go back. Hence, my sudden appearance on this thread once I read about the possibilities, thanks to all of these amazing tips!

Cruise. I really wanted to do cruise and land but the Disney cruise we are booked on is round trip to Vancouver, unless I switch to another cruise line that is just one way. What do you guys think?
We did Alaska with DCL August 2018. No regrets. But we are sold on DCL. I know DCL's itinerary is not the best, but to me it was amazing.

Does anyone know how to enroll in auto pay for the Barclays Aviator Business? I cannot for the life of me figure out how to enroll. :badpc:

A question about tipping . . . How much do you all tip the driver for UberEats and/or Shipt?

I have the $15 credit for Uber that I am thinking about using for UberEats -- up until last month I actually had two plats so a $30 credit, which sort of made sense to use even after all of the Uber fees plus a tip. But now that I have one plat and one $15 credit, it seems to make no sense to even bother with an UberEats order because the whole $15 would essentially be fees plus tip. (I think I am going to have to check out the banking tip that Albort posted about.)

As for Shipt, I have a $30 back on a $99 purchase but given that Shipt here marks things up about 20%, I am not sure that there's any actual savings after fees plus tip.

I'm coming to the conclusion that these services really are only for people who are willing to pay for the convenience of having a driver bring food to the front door. Which of course is fine, but not helping me see the value in the AF for the AmEx cards.

Last edited:
Earlier this week I was posting about my Amex SPG Biz having the AF due. I had pretty much decided to just keep it and not incur the pop up danger. BUT now I have changed my mind. I want either the Delta Biz Gold or the Delta Biz Reserve. I haven’t decided which but that is a separate post. My question: what is the best way to get the rid of the SPG Biz and get one of the new Delta cards AND not make Amex mad?

Wrinkle to it is that I need to have the new card in hand by June 12. So 10 days. (I have to pay off the rest of my DVC purchase by then and I would want to use the new card to make the spend). I don’t want to have to wait for a rejection letter or anything like that.

Do you need to cancel the SPG to make room for the Delta card, or just canceling to avoid the AF? If it's to make room for the new card, I think most people here recommend keeping the card and then offering to cancel on a call to AmEx. If it's to not pay the AF, my thinking would be to keep it until you get the Delta and then cancel.

I'm also looking at a Delta biz card but so far i can't get the new and improved offers through my Gold biz. Hoping that gets fixed soon.

Thanks to everyone who helped me with the info for the Timberline at DEN. DD took her friends there today and said they had a great lunch. You're all the best!!! :grouphug:

Also, I am hearing wonderful things about Colorado and how beautiful it is. I know that there are more CO residents here than I realize, but you all have a gorgeous state from what I'm hearing. DD and her friends had a fun vacation.

Does anyone know how to enroll in auto pay for the Barclays Aviator Business? I cannot for the life of me figure out how to enroll. :badpc:
I had a lot of trouble with this too. You have to go into your profile and add a bank there. Only then can you setup autopay. So, so many extra and frustrating steps with Barclay biz and their 1997 website 🙄

A question about tipping . . . How much do you all tip the driver for UberEats and/or Shipt?

I have the $15 credit for Uber that I am thinking about using for UberEats -- up until last month I actually had two plats so a $30 credit, which sort of made sense to use even after all of the Uber fees plus a tip. But now that I have one plat and one $15 credit, it seems to make no sense to even bother with an UberEats order because the whole $15 would essentially be fees plus tip. (I think I am going to have to check out the banking tip that Albort posted about.)

As for Shipt, I have a $30 back on a $99 purchase but given that Shipt here marks things up about 20%, I am not sure that there's any actual savings after fees plus tip.

I'm coming to the conclusion that these services really are only for people who are willing to pay for the convenience of having a driver bring food to the front door. Which of course is fine, but not helping me see the value in the AF for the AmEx cards.

The other day I got a $10 lunch with UberEats. Was working at home, so it was just me. $1.50 as the 15% delivery fee, $1 delivery fee, $2 tip. So I think of it as getting $10 value out of the $15 credit. I try to only order close to the credit amount. Tried a bunch of coupon codes, but none worked. Phooey. When I used it for an Uber on vacation though, then it was worth the full $15 to me.

The Gold dining credit that I use for Grubhub pickup is worth the full $10 to me since there are no extra fees and lots of options when I go in to work downtown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter