I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I understand (and this has been rumored for some time, but just becoming official with Apple’s WWDC starting next week), Apple is killing “iTunes” as an app that’s kind of become a bloated hub for movies, tv, music, managing and backing up iOS devices, and all their other services over the years, and splitting up their services into different apps. Apple now makes more money off services than hardware, and this trend is only increasing with slowing sales of their previous #1 driver iPhones. No way is Apple going to get rid of their store or gift cards to that store; they’ll just rebrand it into a separate thing.

Probably. I would still lay off buying any cards branded as iTunes currently. I'm sure the barcodes will work on the new platform but you never know, so hedge your bets.

I can't imagine a world where iTunes files won't continue working on the computers/devices where already housed. After all, you paid money for the files. I am assuming these files will just move over to the new platform.

I'm going to Japan in November and sounds like there's other planning to go as well. Is there a separate thread just for Japan planning with people from this thread? (I joined Disboards a while ago but I just started using it more lately)
On the home page if you scroll down and click on “other lands” it’ll take you to all of the Asia parks. Then you can click on “Tokyo Disney” and there are tons of threads in there about going to Japan. I have a huge one on there called “itinerary ideas/help”.

Probably. I would still lay off buying any cards branded as iTunes currently. I'm sure the barcodes will work on the new platform but you never know, so hedge your bets.

I can't imagine a world where iTunes files won't continue working on the computers/devices where already housed. After all, you paid money for the files. I am assuming these files will just move over to the new platform.
I’m guessing the computer software won’t change. It sounds like it’s just them splitting up the apps which is fine with me since I only use music anyway

I’m reading a little more about this right now, and it seems Apple will kill the “iTunes Store” as we know it. Details are unannounced. But it seems, as I mentioned above, that Apple will just split their services and related content into different apps; music in a Music app, tv episodes (and probably their upcoming tv streaming service) into a TV app, etc. But you should still be able to access your already purchased content, purchase new downloads, subscribe to services, and stream the same content as before in these new apps.

As for iTunes gift cards, Apple has millions (if not billions) of dollars worth of liability in the form of iTunes credit/gift cards out in the marketplace. No way can Apple wipe that out with these changes to how they structure their services. I think if anything, “iTunes” gift cards will be rolled into your Apple ID account that can be used to purchase digital services (but not hardware, since Apple has “Apple Store” gift cards for that).

079E3BF0-C425-4250-8E89-DD91C68C2E62.jpeg

The excitement in my town this weekend. Lol. About to head out for a walk, but now that I googled how fast can a python go, wondering if I should reconsider. As the python slithers, it was less than 5 miles from my house when it escaped. And it’s been over 24 hours.

Hey - any of my URs for Universal Hotels friends...

First off, it seems these are fully refundable so I might as well lock something in now for our trip and I can re-think it later if I want and switch...

Secondly, will Universal release any discounts for on-site stays? I've never researched that lol. I assume if they did, those discounts could make their way into the UR portal and I could re-book for a discount?
Last time I booked one month out but my price never changed. A couple years back I had more lead time & the price dropped so I did rebook. AFAIK Universal doesn’t do discounts like Disney, all discounts seem to be linked to multiday packages.

Not @Calfan but as of yesterday 10 for me. :rotfl2:And I can say a rep did look at all my cards during my Plat retention call and asked me why would I even want to keep the Plat when I have all these other cards? :blush:
I thought you were capped at 5? how did you do that?

I’m reading a little more about this right now, and it seems Apple will kill the “iTunes Store” as we know it. Details are unannounced. But it seems, as I mentioned above, that Apple will just split their services and related content into different apps; music in a Music app, tv episodes (and probably their upcoming tv streaming service) into a TV app, etc. But you should still be able to access your already purchased content, purchase new downloads, subscribe to services, and stream the same content as before in these new apps.

As for iTunes gift cards, Apple has millions (if not billions) of dollars worth of liability in the form of iTunes credit/gift cards out in the marketplace. No way can Apple wipe that out with these changes to how they structure their services. I think if anything, “iTunes” gift cards will be rolled into your Apple ID account that can be used to purchase digital services (but not hardware, since Apple has “Apple Store” gift cards for that).
So on the computer do you think we’ll have to install a music software different from iTunes?

So on the computer do you think we’ll have to install a music software different from iTunes?

It’ll probably just be native/bundled in with the next Mac OS update.

All your purchases and subscriptions are already associated with your Apple ID, so I’d imagine your content should all be in their respective new apps once you’re logged in.

I'm going to Japan in November and sounds like there's other planning to go as well. Is there a separate thread just for Japan planning with people from this thread? (I joined Disboards a while ago but I just started using it more lately)
Maybe a reddit thread would help everyone planning Japan trips here? If people listed their plans for using points and such and others could see/compare/borrow ideas? Didn't we have a Hawaii tip thread at one point?

Seriously making me want to plan a Universal trip. I just want something cool to use my UR's on. We've never been to Uni and aren't terribly drawn to going but using UR's to pay for the hotel there is so enticing...Makes me so sad, once again, that Disney fell off the UR portal and I'm left not understanding and SMH.
If you’re not Harry Potter fans I can’t recommend it. If you are I whole heartily recommend the magic that is Universal Orlando! I like it can be done in 1 day & getting the unlimited EP with a room booked at RPR via UR makes the trip much nicer. And Loews hotels? So nice. Even RPR feels like a Oasis to me after the insanity that is even a Disney Deluxe. (After my last trip I also whole heartedly recommend Sapphire Falls, I stayed there on my non-park day & walked to RPR the next day. Was great!)

See, this is what I am looking at - and I've been avoiding any sort of trip that requires flying (specifically WDW... I am in Arizona) because "I can't afford it." Then I opened this thread and saw what you all were talking about and I was all :eek::faint::worship:so the sooner I figure this out the quicker I CAN make that trip! But first... Japan!

ITA..... I am from Japan, and with my family of 4, I don’t know when I can even visit. Flight alone will cost $8K, and since I don’t have any family members there, we’ll need to pay the hotel

Tonight was our last night in Tokyo. I wish we had more days in Tokyo but we have other places to be. Tomorrow morning we’re going to hakone for one night and then off to Kyoto for 6 nights.

Love Hakone, used to go to the hot springs on a day trip when I was in high school, glad to see petard enjoying Japan! Have a great time for the rest of your trip!

I’m reading a little more about this right now, and it seems Apple will kill the “iTunes Store” as we know it. Details are unannounced.
We’ll be fine. Remember last time they released a major Apple App to the world? Apple Maps was... Run for the hills iTunes users!

Yeah I woke up this morning,when the thought suddenly popped into my head "today's the Day!"
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter