• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I LOVE budget vacation planning...

smkiya

<font color=deeppink>Sorta new. ;) Still gets a ta
I absolutely love planning vacations. What do I love about it you ask?

I :love: finding a new vacation destination.
I :love: Googling for information on the destination I've chosen.
I :love: searching for great deals on comfortable kid friendly accomodations.
I :love: trying to make a decision between my top 3 accomodation choices.
I :love: getting discounts and coupons on activities in the destination area.
I :love: when the vacation bill is ridiculously low.

I can honestly say that most of my vacation enjoyment comes with the planning. I will be going on vacation to Hilton Head in the next couple of weeks and I'm ready to start planning for the next vacation to who knows where before all of my fun comes to an end. I'm thinking Williamsburg or Clearwater (with a couple of days in Disney). Let the FUN begin! :cloud9:

I love planning too - really dreaming, since we have no vacation plans in the future at all. I can't help myself though. When my DS sees me at the computer looking at resort/vacation sites, he says "why?", just shakes his head, and walks away. I might have to start buying lottery tickets....

I might have to start buying lottery tickets....

I enjoy planning too. The dreaming of what could be. We buy a (single) lottery ticket when the jackpot is over 100mil for this very reason. Not so much because we think we might win, but just for the entertainment of dreaming what we would do.

Reason for editing: I accidentally a word.

I can honestly say that most of my vacation enjoyment comes with the planning. I will be going on vacation to Hilton Head in the next couple of weeks and I'm ready to start planning for the next vacation to who knows where before all of my fun comes to an end. I'm thinking Williamsburg or Clearwater (with a couple of days in Disney). Let the FUN begin! :cloud9:

Would you like to plan a trip for me? Those are actually the things that I get overwhelmed with when trying to plan a vacation to somewhere new - which is way we keep going back to WDW year after year, that trip I can plan in my sleep. My family wants to go to the Dollywood area this summer and I have no idea where to begin :confused3

I enjoy planning too. The dreaming of what could be. We buy a (single) lottery ticket when the jackpot is over 100mil for this very reason. Not so much because we think we might win, but just for the entertainment of dreaming what we would do.

Reason for editing: I accidentally a word.

I do this too, but dh gets annoyed. He's not a dreamer... :confused3

Its comforting to know that others share this type of relationship with DH. He thinks if I am planning it (which I am ALWAYS planning something), then he has to panic about the $$....silly boy:)

100% agree. I love the hunt:rotfl:
Planning is half the fun. :goodvibes

I am right there with the rest of you. The first day after a vacation I start planning the next one. We have to plan way in advance to make it work. We do one 10 day vacation a year, last year because of airline credits we got an extra 6 day one. That really spoiled me because now I think we should have another 6 day one this year. Most of our vacation time is spent working around home unless we are able to really get away. We do a couple of overnighters to go watch grand kids play hockey, butother than that its the one 10 day to Florida that I love to plan and look for bargains.

Planning means the possibilities are endless. Dreaming is great!

Me too!!! :thumbsup2 Already have 3 or 4 ideas for next spring break - will be talking to the family soon to see where they are leaning toward. So FUN

I am this way too. My DW just wants to know when she needs to take off work. She doesn't care where we go or what it costs (she knows that I will only plan what we can afford.)

Last December we had a DCL cruise and WDW vacation (7 of us). Then, in April, DW and I went to WDW for 6 days, now in Sept/Oct we are doing WDW for 9 days (4 of us). (We bought AP's, that is why all the trips).

Now, I only have one trip on the books, so I am going kinda crazy with that. So I am trying to start planning a summer trip for next year, but not sure where I want to go as of yet.

I have a couple of ideas...

#1. Southern California... Do San Diego a couple of days, DL a couple of days, and LA area for a couple of days.

#2. Black Hills... We did this a couple of years ago, and it was a nice, fun time. The kids really enjoyed it and its driving distance, so pretty inexpensive.

#3. Smoky Mountains... I have been looking at this trip for a few years, looks like a fun area and not a huge budget busting trip.

#4. Williamsburg... My DW loves the old time feel on trips. So Colonial Williamsburg, possibly DC for a couple of days, Gettysburg and some other historical sites would be high on her list!

I love everything you listed....it's funny because some people think I'm crazy when I mention how I switched hotels because of an awesome deal, then they say something in reference to it may not be a good place, then they say they would rather just pay more and be done, then finally they say....how the heck did you get that deal.:thumbsup2

Planning my trips keeps me occupied in the "off season", if I didn't have that I would go crazy.:surfweb:

I am right there with y'all. If it was not for my planning, I would just go bananas!
I have been dying to visit England. It seems so far away. When distance wise, not so much. But it might as well be a million miles away for me. But I still dream of visiting one day. And to do so before I become much older, and bitter. ;) No, really.
Once in a great while I will even look at the fares for flights to London, first class and business (Great big sigh) I don't think that will ever happen. So I just have to be content with the idea of coach. As much as I do not like coach. I guess I am stuck with it. But..... at least I will finally one day make it to the UK! Matter of fact, like I always say, if I do not make there in this life, I will in the after life! Ghosties do not need any stinkin' passports!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter