I lost my Coupon folder

starann

In having children, I have lost my mind, but found
I have (had) and accordian style plastic folder/envelope for my coupons which I can not find!:mad:

I had some really good coupons in there (2 $10 off at JCP, BAB, ON, plus many, many others) as well as ALL my grocery coupons.

I have not a clue where it could be. I had it in the house on Tues or Wed, put more coupons in it and had it ready to go. My house is clean (for once! so I know it's not there). I still have to dig through the car (It has a lot of Santa shopping in it) tomorrow but it is not in any of the places in the car it normally would be. I even called ON (which is the last store I was in on Thurs) to see if anyone had turned it in...I jsut don't remember when/where I had it last, other than in the house, but I know I put it in the car to take somewhere.

My husband was making fun of me last night as I was near tears over this (that and whenever I can't find something, it drives me CRAZY). I knew my fellow budgeters would understand.

Look in your ON bag! Did you switch purses? I left mine at CVS once - :scared1: - the first time I asked they didn't have it, but when I asked again, they did. So call again.

Oh I know how painful it can be to lose that binder. For us couponers, it is like losing the Holy Grail!

I would just go out and check your truck. Our minds are in so many places this time of year that it is very easy to misplace things. I'm sure it is probably out in your vehicle under or in one of Santa's bags!

As someone who used to work at a large store, if you don't find it (or if you Do!) tape your name and a contact number on the front of the holder. So many things are left behind in a store and it could be many customers later before something is noticed making it impossible to be returned to it's rightful owner. Also lost items are sometimes left at the satelite register rather than being turned into the main office, check with the register you were last at rather than JUST relying on a phone call.

Oh, I feel your pain. I did this not once, but twice! Definitely call the stores that you frequent and ask if anyone has turned it in. Good luck!

I have a coupon box---the large index card-file size. I use bright index cards to categorize as well. I left it in the cart on accident at the grocery store a couple of years ago--I remember that feeling of my stomach dropping when I realized the box was missing.

Someone had actually turned it in to customer service---I couldn't believe it! When I called, the clerk asked for my name & phone # and when I went to pick it up, she'd written that info on the box in permanent marker. She knew how important it was!

I am now very careful to check and double check that I have it. I can't shop without it!

I leave a little info sheet in my coupon organizer, I've got my name, cell phone#, email and a little blurb stating if found please contact me for a reward. Yes, it's that important to me to offer a little reward in case someone decides it's not that important. Sorry to hear you lost yours I hope you find it soon.

Oh no starann! I am sending you major pixie dust that you will find your folder. I would be devastated. I have spent a lot of time organizing mine. I would be in tears too.
As someone who used to work at a large store, if you don't find it (or if you Do!) tape your name and a contact number on the front of the holder.

Thank you for that tip! I never even thought to put my name on my binder. It sure would save some headaches in case it does get lost. Thanks again!

I know how you feel. I was doing great with coupons, getting tons of stuff free or super cheap and then I lost my organizer. Anyway went threw everything couldn't find it anywhere. Long story short my DH helped me look a few weeks later, and he found it. It had slid in a back part of the truck behind the back seat in a place that I didn't even know existed. The whole thing took the wind out of my sails and I havn't been able to coupon since. Hope you find it, but if not don't give up like I did.

Thank you for all the thoughts. I still haven't found it yet. We had DS B-day party yesterday so I had no time to look. Last night I realized I lost my date book as well!!!! YIKES! That has ALL the family dr appts, weekends I work and Parties I have lined up for Fantasia. That I did find today...whew!

Now hopefully I can be as lucky with my folder. Oh...my folder has my address all in it....on different coupons....but I don't think it has my phone number. Hopefully it is in my car though.

I'll post once I bring in all the junk!

Just got done cleaning out the car.....no coupon folder. I looked in the Xmas shoppnig that made it into the house and not there either. I also remembered getting gas on Thurs and whenever I get gas I empty the garbage out of my car. It is possible that it got thrown away with the trash.:guilty: :guilty: I will call Wawa and see if it was found, but I doubt it.

Time to start a new one. Although it will take me forever to get it as good as mine was before:sad2:

Just got done cleaning out the car.....no coupon folder. I looked in the Xmas shoppnig that made it into the house and not there either. I also remembered getting gas on Thurs and whenever I get gas I empty the garbage out of my car. It is possible that it got thrown away with the trash.:guilty: :guilty: I will call Wawa and see if it was found, but I doubt it.

Time to start a new one. Although it will take me forever to get it as good as mine was before:sad2:

Ugh, this really stinks :( Your situation is a huge nightmare of mine. I pray it is found.
Have you thought about joining one of the coupon trains we have on the budget board? Not sure if you had joined one but that might help to build your coupons back up :) PM me if you want any info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter