• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I LOL at this article today about cow leasing

What a great article! DH is a dairy farmer...or actually we are dairy farmers. I'll have to ask him what he thinks of this idea!

Yes. There were all these people who did not believe you could do it and how it was a waste of money. There is a passage in the article that sums up why this is so important to us.

[SIZE=-1] If you take kids along, it is an experience they will remember long after you burned their dung-stained jeans. Best of all, you help prolong the Swiss farm way of life. That reason alone signed me up.

DD may remember all of her trips and cruises and travel, but the chance to breathe that fresh mountain air and milk "her" cow actually in Switzerland...PRICELESS
[/SIZE]

You know, you can sign your kids up for 4-H and they can milk a cow every day if they want. You don't even need to go to Switzerland for that. Don't get me wrong. Switzerland is a lovely country, but the last thing I want to do in the Alps is kneel in cow crap and milk a cow.

You know, you can sign your kids up for 4-H and they can milk a cow every day if they want. You don't even need to go to Switzerland for that. Don't get me wrong. Switzerland is a lovely country, but the last thing I want to do in the Alps is kneel in cow crap and milk a cow.

:thumbsup2 to the bolded.

Funny but the fancy swiss cows in the picture look very much like the boring pedestrian cows we have on this side of the ocean. Did the author not know we have dairy cows in North America? :confused3

If you have always wanted to milk a cow in the Alps more power to you. But, I wuldn't do so for this outfit. Any farmer who charges you to move boulders and dig post holes is a bit of a jerk, and is most certainly having a laugh at your expense. If you were digging for a decent sort they would offer you a beer, or come over and dig some holes for you.

Funny but the fancy swiss cows in the picture look very much like the boring pedestrian cows we have on this side of the ocean. Did the author not know we have dairy cows in North America? :confused3.
Yes they do. You do not have to go to Switzerland either to milk them, you can just lease a cow for a season and have cheese sent to you. Though I am not sure what I would do with 60 kilos of cheese other than sell it to a restaurant.

There are tons of experiences you can have in the United States alone, but there are also experiences outside of this country. It doesn't take a lot of money either (though the airfare right now is more than we are spending for an entire week). We have the means to allow our DD to experience and share a love of travel that we have.

So far DD has lived in, flown through, driven through or visited 27 states including Alaska, two Canadian provinces, three Mexican states, several island nations in the Caribbean. I love how easily she makes friends. Watching her color with someone she met on Roatan during our stop there was just magical. Sue she can color with someone here, but does that make doing it somewhere else any less of joy?

I have seen others post about going to DL in Paris and in other parts of the world? Are they bragging? Do you tell them they can just go experience Disney in this country? I just don't get it?

Yes they do. You do not have to go to Switzerland either to milk them, you can just lease a cow for a season and have cheese sent to you. Though I am not sure what I would do with 60 kilos of cheese other than sell it to a restaurant.

There are tons of experiences you can have in the United States alone, but there are also experiences outside of this country. It doesn't take a lot of money either (though the airfare right now is more than we are spending for an entire week). We have the means to allow our DD to experience and share a love of travel that we have.

So far DD has lived in, flown through, driven through or visited 27 states including Alaska, two Canadian provinces, three Mexican states, several island nations in the Caribbean. I love how easily she makes friends. Watching her color with someone she met on Roatan during our stop there was just magical. Sue she can color with someone here, but does that make doing it somewhere else any less of joy?

I have seen others post about going to DL in Paris and in other parts of the world? Are they bragging? Do you tell them they can just go experience Disney in this country? I just don't get it?

Good for her.

As for the authors bizarre little sneer on beef cattle :confused3

As I said in my previous post. If you geneunely have a desire to milk swiss cows good luck to you (you know, the part you just forgot to quote ;)) But not with this outfit. Decent sort don't charge you to move their boulders.

I noticed a whole lot of the OP's "Official" threads are gone

Also one about a "Mommy-Call_by" that I had posted on-I cant find it.:confused3

The Mommy-Call_by thread went poof yesterday afternoon. I was reading it, refreshed, and it had disappeared. It was very entertaining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter