I leave Thurs., and I don't know what to do

butterfuleyes

Earning My Ears
I've never been to Disney, I got 3 books to "help", but now I'm overwhelmed. I have restaurants reserved, but I don't know what to do first. I've figured out that this is the order we'll visit the parks, but what do I ride first when we get there??

Thurs- MGM
Fri- Epcot
Sat- AK
Sun- MK
we're leaving Wed., so we have Mon. and Tues. to spare.

MGM: Rock N Roller Coaster or Tower of Terror, I would fastpass one and stand in line for the other:)
Epcot: Soarin', if you get there early enough, grab a fastpast AND stand in line, you will want to ride it twice
AK: Expedition Everest, we did it 5 times in 1 hour, you can grab a fastpass, stand in line and also use the single rider line OR you can grad a fastpass and head back to the safari, the animals are most active in the morning
MK: If you have kids, Fantasyland first!!! dumbo, Peter Pan, It's a small world, etc. OR if you dont have small kids. go to tomorrowland, grab a fastpass for Space Mountain and wait in line for Buzz, if you fastpass is not ready for space, go on Stitch, astro orbiter and Carousel of Progress OR you could head to Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Moutain, fastpass one and wait in line for other
Hope this helps

My very first trip, I was totally overwhelmed too. I'll tell you what I did. I bought the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World. In the back there are touring schedules. I picked the one the best suited us. I made a copy of each of the schedules that we wanted to follow. I studied the maps so I knew where to find things in the parks -- and I went forward. My DH says that even our bathroom breaks were part of the schedule. But, all in all, we saw and did so much during that trip, that he was amazed. Of course, when we got back home, we needed a vacation. But, it was a plan and it worked.

My major piece of advice -- arrive at each of the parks before they open in the morning. You will get so much done during the early hours than you will for the remainder of the day -- especially in the summer heat. That way, if you get overheated, you won't mind returning to your hotel room for a bit -- because you have already hit the major attractions.

Since then, we have become old pros -- with 30 plus trips under our belts since 1990 and still discovering new favorites.

The most important thing is to have fun.

Thanks, I printed out rkandmjmommy's post and I do have the unofficial guide already. I even tabbed the itineraries. I'll make copies of those too, thanks for the tips, I'm feeling a little better.

and, about Soarin', I get motion sickness, so should I skip it? For that matter, what rides should I pass up b/c of that?

butterfuleyes said:
Thurs- MGM
Fri- Epcot
Sat- AK
Sun- MK
we're leaving Wed., so we have Mon. and Tues. to spare.

Congratulations first of all! August wedding... ouch! But ours was June 30th. It was 90 degrees when I left for the church at 11 am.
Better than rain, I guess.

back on topic...

Having extra days is awesome. Take your time and see what you can on the first visit to each park. Fast passes do sell out so get them early. Some will sell out before noon.

But having extra days allows you to go back and do something again or something you missed because of a huge line or maybe it rained. If you have park hopper passes you can go back to two or three parks in a (disney) day, usually 12-14 hours.

WHere are you dining? Cinderella's castle is a must for any honeymoon.

Mention everywhere, either verbaly or with something like the Bride and Groom mickey ears or bride and groom pins, that you are on your honeymoon. You will usualy get special offers (ie. free stuff) because this trip is so special.

MIkeeee

JR6ooo4 said:
Congratulations first of all! August wedding... ouch! But ours was June 30th. It was 90 degrees when I left for the church at 11 am.
Better than rain, I guess.
we got married in Vegas in February, couldn't honeymoon til now. We're from Louisiana, so I'm pretty familiar with disgustingly hot weather.

I got the last reservation for Cinderella's Royal Table on the day we're going. It's at like 4:50..but at least we got it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter