I know this question prob gets asked alot

LOLA2

TINK<br><font color=9966ff> I never heard of not t
but, how hard is it going to be to get a stay at BCV or BWV for October at 7 months out? We just bought AKV so we are newbies and our first vacation will not be until August 2008. We would really like to try a different DVC each year. So if we usually go in October how do you think our chances are.

I can't help you with October but this should give you some encouragement.....we were able to get 5 nights at BCV (studio) for July at 7 months out. DH called at the 7 month mark & had no problem!! :thumbsup2

A month later, I wished we'd booked a longer stay.
We didn't call to try to add on days (figured it would be useless) so we just added 3 nights at the Dolphin.

I am not sure, but I have heard that the Food and Wine festival draws people in during that time and those resorts are close to the action. Thus, I think that it will be tough to book at the 7 month period, but I defer to those more knowledgeable.

The last poster was correct. It is difficult to get an Epcot DVC during the F&W Festival. However, you never know. Good luck!

It is quite difficult. However, if you call right at the 7th month mark and are willing to get on the waitlist, you have a good chance of something coming through before the trip (but I'd have a backup anyway.)

Last year I called at the 7 month mark for an October stay and was able to book a studio at BWV. We wanted to stay at the BCV and while they had 1 br available, I chose to waitlist for a studio and it came through by June. So it is possible calling as soon as you can, and utilizing the waitlist with some flexibility.

October through early January are the most popular times for BWV/BCV. Food and Wine festival makes this a very popular area to stay. Then Thanksgiving, Christmas decorations/low points of Early December, Christmas, following through the marathon. A lot of owners own specifically for this time of year.

However, there is usually SOME availability at seven months. And using the waitlist can help. Remember however, that this time of year is not only popular to stay at these resorts with BWV/BCV owners, but OKW/VWL/HHI/VB/SSR/VAK owners also find the idea of the Epcot resorts attractive during Food and Wine. So the competition for the remaining rooms available at seven months is fairly high.

If you want to try all the resorts and travel at different times of year, most of the rest of the year you'll have an easier time with availability than October - early January.

We stayed at BWV, our home resort, in early Oct this year and all the Epcot resorts were pretty packed. The difference in the crowds at Epcot vs the other parks was dramatic. We have had luck booking BCV in Dec at the 7 month window but the Epcot hotels weren't nearly as full then.

but, how hard is it going to be to get a stay at BCV or BWV for October at 7 months out? We just bought AKV so we are newbies and our first vacation will not be until August 2008. We would really like to try a different DVC each year. So if we usually go in October how do you think our chances are.

Since you own AKV points you may be able to do a reservation traden with someone who has BCV points and wants the 11 month window at AKV. That of course requires a lot of trust on both parts so you may want to see how booking at the 7 month window works out the first time and then go from there for other years.

We were able to get a 2 bdr preferred view at BWV last Oct. at the 7mth mark for a total of 8 nights. Most of the days were available calling day by day. I did have to waitlist for 2 nights. They came through after about 1 mth on the waitlist. I kept a back up at SSR until the other 2 nights became available.

Thanks for all the replys, I never even thought of keeping my home resort as backup. So it is o.k. for you to cancel your home resort and change to new resort without anykind of penalty?

Thanks for all the replys, I never even thought of keeping my home resort as backup. So it is o.k. for you to cancel your home resort and change to new resort without anykind of penalty?

No penalty. The one thing to keep in mind is your banking windows and borrowing rules

If I book BW at twelve months and then, at seven months, snag a lower cost OKW room, I can't return borrowed points to their original use year and I can't bank points if I'm beyond my banking window. Normally, this won't be an issue unless you are using only banked or borrowed points - seven months is time to bank any current year points into next year. But it is something you need to be aware of. Likewise, if the new resort requires more points, you'll need to have those points available to book.

There is something convoluted about having enough points to hang onto both reservations if you use the wait list and don't want to switch resorts - someone else may be able to explain that one. I'm afraid I haven't paid enough attention to how that one works to explain it adequately.

i had question whats this home resort dont i get to go to all them if i want. (animal kingdom will be mine )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter