I know this has been asked MANY times

iluvdiznee

I don't wanna grow up!
But.... I don't have time to sift throught that massive thread! I know that must've taken a lot of time though. I need a CLEAN, inexpensive hotel for 2 days that's close to Universal Studios. I have found that when I try to get a deal with these onlinme companies, sometimes the rooms they secure are not the best. I would prefer to go through the actual hotel if possible.

So ... again.... offsite, your cleanest, pleasant, safest, and inexpensive hotel to stay at.

Thanks! :thumbsup2

:wave: One of the nicest hotels that I have found close to Universal (right across the street) is The Doubletree. It may not be the most inexpensive but its prices are low... There are two of them, One is directly across the street and the pictures that you will find on the web looks like two mirrored buildings/ and the other D.T. looks the an island type themed hotel, its cheaper then the first but not as nice and its on international drive, which is further away!
Hope this helped! :)

Also, you might want to post this question on the Universal Boards.. Just look under the Disney's

we stayed at the Holiday Inn on International Drive. Its the one with a TGI Fridays connected to it. It was really nice and you can get good deals on this one. It is located right outside the main enterance of Universal.

We stayed at the Quality Inn "walking distance" to Universal. We walked, it was painful. It was me and dh, no kids. Anyway, not such a great hotel.

A few years back, we stayed at the Hampton Inn South of Universal. It was much nicer.

If you have the entertainment book, you can call Doubletree direct at their 800# and ask for their entertainment rate.

I was able to get a Universal view at the Doubletree with a rate of $54.50. This is exactly half of the $109 nightly rate. This is for five nights checking in on June 20.

Good Luck

it has been a couple years since my stay, but the fairfield inn & suites across the street off of kirkman was clean & convenient. they are next door to the double tree that jrabbit & ziggy are speaking of. not sure how their current rates compare to the entertainment rate of 54.50 tho.

the dis has a couple universal boards. you might want to post this question there too.

I will second the Doubletree. We were on the 12th floor facing Universal, it was extremely close. There is supposedly a shuttle that will take you into the park, we didn't use it, but we were told about it. I booked the hotel through AAA last year, and received a great price on it. You can't get any closer than this hotel without actually being in one of the resorts. It was literally at the entrance.

Doubletree Universal is an excellent hotel. :thumbsup2

Recently renovated.

Has a Pizza Hut, TCBY & Starbucks :coffee: in the lobby.

Carparking $5.00 per day :eek: (Join Hilton Honours & show card - they will give you a ticket to allow free parking). ;)

Can't beat the free warm cookies you get on arrival. :worship:

Scuba joes bar is ok for a relaxed drink at night :smokin: . Good breakfast buffet also. popcorn::

Wanting to go to Universal for an evening drink? :ssst: Walk across the road to the Portofino bay & use their water taxi to get to City Walk.

Hotel has a TGI's, Walgreens, Dennys & Burger King within 2mins walk.

scammermom said:
Can you tell me about the pool?? My kids love a slide!

Pool area quite basic actually, just the one square one with a bar at one end & a seperate circular plunge pool kind of thing. They did have a spa pool but this was closed when i went last year as part of the overall refurb.

May be open now though.

Skip the Red Roof Inn if you can't take the smell of cigerettes in the hall ways. Plus we had the Cheerleaders so every vending machine and ice machine was empty.

It had the Best Staff though the were kind and considerate and even took money off the bill to compinsate for no hot water.

The two that I have the best luck with are the Holiday Inn I-Drive and the Country Inn and Suites Universal BLVD. Both are very close to the parks. They usually offer great rates.

Doubletree is nice, but I have yet to receive a rate low enough to justify staying off site.

We stayed at the Best Western MovieLand last September and it was pretty good. They have shuttles to Sea World and Universal, but a cab to Universal only cost us 7$... It's right across the street from Wet&Wild, and it has an I-ride stop right in front...

There was a buffet breakfast with good coffe for 5$.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter