I know most people don't do this but...

got2luvtink

DIS Veteran
Has anyone ever gotten anything small from a TS to go? I was thinking a long the lines of a particular cheddar cheese soup from Le Celier. ;) It's just that I'm not interested in anything else on the menu (since they took away the maple bbq filet), and I would hate to have to make an ADR just to get the soup for myself, while my family sat around waiting for me to finish. I would also Loovve :cloud9: to try the sticky toffee pudding from Rose & Crown, and have the same dilema. So if anyone has heard if it is possible to basically order something small from the podium to go, I'd really like to know. :)

ETA:

I called dining, and after putting me on hold to find out more information, the CM said that it "should" be alright. That I'd have to go and just try. Now when I called and asked this same question last year, I was told that I would have to make an ADR. If that's what has to be done, (which I figured it would) then that's okay, just no cheddar cheese soup or sticky toffee pudding for me. I just want to know for sure, and I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

I don't think a general CM is gonna be able to answer this one accurately for you. Your best bet is to call Le Cellier directly and ask them.

I think last year someone tried to do this and came back with the answer that they could not get the soup to go....THEN someone did try it and they got the soup.......I WISH.....
Last year I would of loved to had a bowl of that stuff on a very wet and chilly night in Epcot......big big sigh.

If anyone finds out for this year .....please post it

My daughter lost her tinkerbell light clip at the Magic Kingdom and we asked around to figure out where I could get another one and was told the Plaza had them.

So I tried to order a lemonade from the podium to go from the Plaza Restaurant a month ago and the manager said, no, it was not that simple and based on the way they do things, she couldn't do it.

So I would say, don't count on it.

Disney sit-down restaurants aren't staffed or equipped for take-out orders (if you do it for one person, and they tell the DIS... ;))

Someone posted on the Tipping thread recently that they were able to order a piece of the grapefruit cake to go (because Starring Rolls was closed), but that an 18% service charge/gratuity was added to the bill.

So, it might be possible with desserts - since by the time they get that far into a meal, many Guests probably can't finish, the restaurants do have dessert-specific/sized take-out containers - but I would not expect Le Cellier to do it with the soup.

Why not take some "me" time, send your DH off with the kids, and go have a quiet, solo "lunch"? Someone I know does go to Le Cellier with some regularity, JUST for the soup and a glass of wine.

I have good news for you. You ARE able to order cheese soup and breadsticks from Le Cellier to go:thumbsup2 . We have done it with no problem. You get the soup in a paper cup, I know, not very fancy, but its their cheese soup!:goodvibes We then just sat on their stone wall and enjoyed it. This was our departure day and did not have enough time to go and sit for a whole meal. It was just great. So yes, you're in luck.

We have gotten full takeout from Shutters at CBR-- entrees, drinks, and desserts. We took it with us on our drive home from vacation. :woohoo: So the restaurants do take out, but it may depend in the parks on how busy they are.:confused3

when we stayed at the Polynesian, I was able to get a full take out TS at Kona - I went up to the podium and asked, they went to ask the chef if he had time to do it - so I would say "it depends"

I'm sure its something they can do on some days - - but like a pp stated as soon as it hits the internet - or as soon as hundreds of people start "demanding" then Disney is liable to make an across the board "no way" but until that time

I'm thinking "maybe"

I know during F&W fest LeCellier does have a booth - so I can see how they could do a to go soup once in awhile... :wizard:

I have gotten Le Celliers soup to go a couple of years ago.I tried to again this past trip and was told they can't do it anymore.

Exactly one year ago I was curious about this same thing, so I stopped by Le Cellier and asked if it was possible to get the soup to go? They said yes. Great, I said, I'll be back later.

When I arrived back about two hours later, and requested one soup to go... they said Oh no, we don't do that.

After explaining that just two hours earlier I was told I could have it to go, they went off to talk to a manager. They said that they typically do not offer it to go, but because someone had mistakenly told me I could have it, they would pack up a soup for me. They didn't pack any pretzel bread for me, but they did get it for me when I asked if they could please include it too?

And so, even though I did get the soup to go... not sure if I was supposed to?

"To Go" policy at WDW restaurants seems to have changed shortly after the DDP became available. There could be several reasons for this coincidence, but my theory is that some guests felt if you get "to go" orders it should be a counter service credit instead of a TS credit on the plan. The simplest solution for Disney, of course, is to simply have a blanket policy to stop "to go" orders.

There also seems to be exceptions on a case by case basis at the restaurant managers discretion. For instance, we haven't been able to get full meals "to go" at Olivia's at OKW, but if we dined there, we could get some individual items to take out.

As far as LeCellier, a simple (and likely profitable) solution would be to use the old "Beaver Tails" kiosk for a Counter Service location serving cheese soup, salads, and breadsticks. It wouldn't require a grill, just a way to keep the soup hot, and the salads cool. A relatively inexpensive retrofit.

As far as LeCellier, a simple (and likely profitable) solution would be to use the old "Beaver Tails" kiosk for a Counter Service location serving cheese soup, salads, and breadsticks. It wouldn't require a grill, just a way to keep the soup hot, and the salads cool. A relatively inexpensive retrofit.

What a great idea! We are going to try Le Cellier in Sept just because everyone raves about the soup. It would be nice to get it as CS to see if we like it.

I asked about this last year, and was told no.

You can always check while you are there and see. Maybe if they are not too busy they will do it, but I wouldn't depend on it.

To add to this question....If on the dining plan and after eating an entree if you are too full to eat the dessert that is included can you take it to go? We are staying at AKL and eating at Jiko one night and just thought if we could, we could have it in our room later as a snack rather then using 2TS per person and not even having dessert. Thanks!

To add to this question....If on the dining plan and after eating an entree if you are too full to eat the dessert that is included can you take it to go?
Most likely. I mean, I would say yes (because the higher your check, the higher you tip), but I haven't tried since 2007. In 2007, not only was I encouraged by my server, she even pointed out which desserts didn't need to be kept in the refrigerator I didn't have :)

Why not take some "me" time, send your DH off with the kids, and go have a quiet, solo "lunch"? Someone I know does go to Le Cellier with some regularity, JUST for the soup and a glass of wine.

This is actually a really good idea, I'll have to think about it.

I would love it that happened. It'd be nice to just be able to walk up to a CS and order the soup!

...As far as LeCellier, a simple (and likely profitable) solution would be to use the old "Beaver Tails" kiosk for a Counter Service location serving cheese soup, salads, and breadsticks. It wouldn't require a grill, just a way to keep the soup hot, and the salads cool. A relatively inexpensive retrofit...

Oh, that would be so great!!! Boy would we make use of that a lot.

When we ate at Le Cellier in December they were nice enough to give us a bunch of pretzel bread to take with us, and we so enjoyed snacking on it the rest of the afternoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter