I know its been asked, but please help!

mat526

Earning My Ears
DH just decided we should try Palo's on our 3-day Wonder cruise Jan. 8 (our first cruise ever). I can't find the posts about which restaurant we should skip to do it. Any advice? As always, thanks!! Oh, we have DS and DD (age 6 twins). Do they eat in the kids club when we do Palos? -Maggie

I never cruised 3-day but, when we ate at Palo's on our 7-day my DD ate with the club. Not sure what restaurant to skip, I love them all. Have fun!

I think it comes down to personal preferences. I would look at Barb & Tony's website, the Passporter and any other resources to check out sample menus and judge from that. Also take into consideration the atmosphere for both you and the kids. For example I would try not to miss Animators Palate. Sorry can't be more help.

Another option if you want to supervise what your children eat is for you to book Palo at the opposite time of your regular seating i.e., you have early seating at 6 PM, book Palo for 8 or 8:30. Take your kids to the regular dinner & just have a salad or an appetizer then check the kids into the club & go to dinner yourselves. Or you could feed them from room service or any of the options from Deck 9 (hot dogs, pizza etc). But the easiest is to send them to the kids club for dinner.

Honestly...any night you can get a reservation at Palo take it...the food is wonderful and it beats the food in any of the dining rooms on any night.

I loved Parrot's Cay and Triton's - if I have a chance to cruise again - and needed to decide between one of the choices - I would skip Animators Palatte. Not that AP was bad - I just liked the other two better!

I think I have read that the one thing most wouldn't want to miss is Animator's Palate (atleast the first one- which would be the only one on the Wonder... but on 7 days the first time it does the "change"- the 2nd night there it doesn't).
If it was my first time- I wouldn't want to miss that!
Personally I think if I was on the Wonder and had early dinner seating- I'd do Palo later -I'd do the "double dip" as others have described. :)

If I did the 3 day cruise...I'd double dip!!! Go to yuor regularly scheduled meal then either Palo early or later than your regular dining rotation...get the best of both...or well at least the chocolate souffle!!!!

Thanks all! I never would have thought of the double-dipping idea. I don't eat a lot, but I guess I can try! -Maggie

But if you "double dip" don't you end up missing the show? We have the same dilema. I don't want my kids to miss a show nor my DH and I either? Is there a show that is not as good and we could miss?

Of course everything is personal preference. Of the three choices for food, AP is my least favorite. But if you have never been on a cruise before, I would choose to miss parrot cay because you can check out the atmosphere at lunchtime but the only chance you have to go to AP and see the "show" is at dinner. Really, the only solution is to book another cruise :). All of the choices have pros and cons but really there is no "wrong" choice. Palo is worth missing any of the above! If you were going to miss a show, I would miss hercules. You could also catch the matinee of disney dreams on the last day (though that takes time away for castaway cay but you might be ready to come back to the ship at 3 if you get out there early) and double dip on your last night!

Lisa

Personal Parrot Cay is my least favorite but we picked our Palo's night based on what else was going on. We did not want to miss certain things with the kids.

Last year we all went to the show, we went to Palo's and our kids went to dinner. DD(11) DS(7). Our servers were great!. I think the kids had more fun without us.

If I were going on a three-day and really wanted to go to Palo, I would double-dip, too. It might be nice to share appetizers or something like that during your regular dining time and then splurge at Palo.

hmmmm, what a dilemma on the 3 day....we are cruising with friends who are newbies on the 1/15 3-day....heres my logic...

1. Our friends will want to see AP show since they are first timers - it is impressive, although the food there is my least favorite..
2. Tritons is elegant and IMO the food is best of 3 rotation restaurants

so,

3. We will skip Parrot Cay in favor of Palo - Although they won't be able to try dinner menu there, at least they will be able to sample the ambiance... we always head straight there for the embarkation buffet;)

Originally posted by BibbidyBobbidyBoo
I think I have read that the one thing most wouldn't want to miss is Animator's Palate (atleast the first one- which would be the only one on the Wonder... but on 7 days the first time it does the "change"- the 2nd night there it doesn't).
If it was my first time- I wouldn't want to miss that!
Personally I think if I was on the Wonder and had early dinner seating- I'd do Palo later -I'd do the "double dip" as others have described. :)

I was told or heard this very same thing about AP...Not to miss the first show...
Would it be an option Maggie..that IF you would happen to get AP as your first dinner, you can then miss the second night because you have already seen the show, and book Palos...?
Just a thought...

Good luck

Kathy

Just remember that when you double dip you are giving up the main show of the evening (since you will be in a dining room for both performances). Not sure if they still run Disney Dreams in a matinee anymore but that would be an option. See the show in the afternoon, go to your main dining for just drinks & appatizers while the kids eat, and then Palo.

Originally posted by WDWLVR
Just remember that when you double dip you are giving up the main show of the evening (since you will be in a dining room for both performances).

Ooooh, good point, Mary!

Ok...if the possibility of missing something like Golden Mickeys or Disney Dreams were an issue, here is what I'd do. Being that you can have breakfast and lunch at Tritons everyday, I would skip dinner there that night in favor of Palo. Being a vegetarian, I would not want to miss Parrot Cay because they have the best and most tasty vegetarian options IMO. I personally would have no trouble missing Animator's Palate for Palo, but hubby wouldn't want to. In fact, I wouldn't mind missing Animator's because (although I do enjoy the 'show'), I've already seen it a few times AND that menu is the least vegetarian friendly for me. In fact, last cruise they ended up creating an entree out of an appetizer for me. BUT, that is just my vegetarian opinion speaking.

Hmmmm, I like what LisaF said...Looks like you'll just have to book another cruise! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter