• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I know I will get toasted, but I like the DDP changes

dizfanz

My goal in life is to be as good a person as my do
I have never used the DDP, but if I did I would be ticked. The new room service option doesn't seem that great to me. The deletion of all CSR restaurants does seem to make the resort majority convention goers. I think that is smart. They do not need to compete with families with ADRs when they have business to get to. Athough, maybe DDP wasn't used much at Coronado to begin with.

Now the real reason I am happy: Chefs de France is no longer on the DDP list in 2007. I was worried I may never get in again. Let me just say:
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :banana: :banana: :dance3: :banana: :banana: :bounce: :bounce:

The deletion of so many Epcot restaurants does seem extreme, but I am glad Chefs was dropped. After all, DDPers still have Le Cellier.

I am now putting on my flame proof suit.

Hmm, I must have missed something - when do these changes go into effect? 2007? Can you tell me where to find a listing of the new DDP or a list of changes?

DDP changes for 2007 can be viewd in the DDP threads. I dont' know how to link or I would! There are still plenty of options, and I don't think the list is final yet. If you use a ton of Epcot restaurants and they don't participate in 2007 you'll have to rethink the value of the DDP.

All indications are some, if not most, of the missing restaurants are pending. I won't flame you. I understand some guests would like the option to pay so they can purchase a meal that a restaurant won't be offering under what can profitably be served under what Disney is paying the restaurant for dining guests. Lobster is now gone from Coral Reef.

But I can't see Chefs getting enough customers without MYW Dining. I'd be shocked if most of the WS TS restaurants don't participate.

i'll admit i am not upset w/the changes... although we've considered staying at CSR we really do not eat at our resort much, so that's not a biggie... we tend to eat at the park we're visiting and usually only do epcot once or twice per trip, so we can easily "make do" w/the remaining restaurants, or have one of our OOP meals at epcot's ws (we always end up going OOP at some point 'cause we like big breakfasts and sit-down dinners)... we like GG and we've been anxious to try CReef, so we'd survive the changes if in fact they actually are "real" changes and not just pending...

I was thinking the same thing. The DDP users have a big list of where they can go and now may lose some of it (still negotiating). The non-DDP users may have a short list of a couple of places they can actually get into under 180 days out, or a few CS locations w/o long lines. DDP users with their appets and desserts can throw the non-users with the shrinking portions and such a bone, right? Anyway, its Disney's plan none of us have any control over and they can change it how they want. If it seems unfair or just undesirable for our needs, we don't have to buy it so no real foul. DDP users still have MANY MANY more places they can use their plan than those on DDE.

I'm a dining plan user and I'm NOT upset about the changes.

There a few Epcot restaurants my son requested that are no longer on the plan. I'm planning to pay OOP for those meals and use the plan for the others.

disneyjunkie said:
I'm a dining plan user and I'm NOT upset about the changes.

There a few Epcot restaurants my son requested that are no longer on the plan. I'm planning to pay OOP for those meals and use the plan for the others.

That is the way I feel about it too. It is still a tremendous value without the few restaurants that aren't on it. If you want to eat there, pay OOP. We used the plan last year and will again in a few weeks, and we have more TS than credits anyways, so we are planning on some OOP costs. I agree with LewisC too. Many of them will likely come back on.

I cannot remember for sure, but wasn't CSR off the plan when it was introduced? IIRC, we were thinking of staying there but changed our plans to POR. Then a couple of months later, CSR came on board and we changed back.

As Lewisc mentioned, the preliminary list doesn't include the non-Disney restaurants that will be participating -- it only includes Disney-owned eateries. Once the non-Disney restaurants are added in, the Dining Plan should be pretty-much the same as it was this year. There will likely be a few restaurants opting out -- we had heard rumblings a month or two ago that Chefs de France wanted out. I suspect a few others might drop out as well, but time will tell. As it is, we needed to change only one of our intended ADRs to have the Dining Plan fit with our needs, even assuming the worst (that none of the non-Disney restaurants would participate).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter