I Knew You Would Eventually Get Tired of Disney World - April '12 TR - Completed 2/9

You really think you can do it all in one go for the next trip report? Sign me up!

Thanks for doing this. It's been a lot of fun to read. You have a nice family, don't trade them for anything, unless you have to....

...and we're home.

No, not an Oompa Loompa. An opening. An ace-in-the-hole. A sure-fire way to get Emily, the true head of this family, to back me 100% on my WDW plans.

The photos look INCREDIBLE, though I don't think it matters to her. It's Test Track. It's open. She's sold.

See you soon!

Yea! Glad you are going back! :cool1:

My DGD says 'Are we going to WDW this year?' Well, I tell her to talk to her dad, as he is the one who needs to say for this to happen! And, she is my ace-in-the-hole! So time will see. I may just make some ADRs just in case... I'd not be surprised, if a week before we would be going for DS to say 'aren't we going to WDW?' Now to just decide where to stay...

Thanks for sharing your trip and count me in on the next trip report! Karen

Great ending to a great trip report! We finally get the payoff to all the suspense. Thanks for sharing. I, for one, am looking forward to the next report! :)

Great trip report...even if it was interrupted for a bit. I hope you have a wonderful trip whenever you take it in 2013. I'm looking forward to reading another nilla trip report!

I stuck around, but didn't comment much since your return-I'm sorry for that.

I enjoyed your TR as always, and you know I find your family delightful (how dare you implicate Kristen in the flash photography scandal of 2012!). Can't wait for more Dylan/Emily shenanigans this year. So glad you're going back.:goodvibes

Great read and great happy ending. I was secretely hoping, with the comments about beaches, that you would be announcing a disney cruise vacation. I would love a humerous detailed Disney cruise trip report. Oh well, I guess we'll just have to go ourselves...

HURRAH!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: Is it odd I am so invested in the vacation choices of a family who I have never met? :laughing: I don't care. So happy you're going back and looking forward to another fun trip report! :goodvibes

Oh and belated congrats on hitting the charge limit. Well done! :worship:

The worst part is how much of it was from Epcot drinks! Or maybe that is the best part...

:lmao:

...and we're home.

And unpacked.

And still undecided.

As the months roll on and the memories start do fade, so do the chances of a WDW return in 2013. I'm, of course, all for it, but Kristin has grown tired of the constant refurbs, and Dylan really wants to go to an island. Kristin is thinking somewhere in the Carribean.

"We can stay at Carribean Beach," I suggest, to little response. No, she's thinking something more along the lines of Jamaica.

"There's a Jamaica building at Carrib-"

I didn't even get to finish. I try my hardest to work on the remaining member of the family with promises of New Fantasyland and Princess meetings galore. She's interested, but not strongly enough to give me back the advantage.

So our ADR opening date comes and goes, and it's not looking good. Kristin wants to wait until the Mine Cart opens and New Fantasyland is officially complete. I don't want to wait. I want an Oompa Loompa NOWWWW!

And then, one appears.

No, not an Oompa Loompa. An opening. An ace-in-the-hole. A sure-fire way to get Emily, the true head of this family, to back me 100% on my WDW plans.

Refurbed Test Track.

The photos look INCREDIBLE, though I don't think it matters to her. It's Test Track. It's open. She's sold.

Almost reluctantly, Kristin finally agrees, and tells Dylan we'll hit an island later. He reluctantly agrees.

And here we are. WDW bound. No, not today - but in the near future. When? C'mon, you know I don't post that on here. But we're going. This year. Somewhere in the first half of the year. Oops - I said too much.

But did you hear that? We're going back!!!! Yes, we really are. CSR again, too. New Fantasyland, here we come.

And now, as we slowly approach departure, the whole family is completely on board. Disneymania is starting to come back. Kristin is a member of D23 now, and we've got a few flip-ups planned for this next go 'round that'll give us some new memories.

Some new adventures coming, too. New Fantasyland. New Test Track. And what's all this about Fast Pass+? We'll know soon enough, because we're going back!

Thank you for reading, everyone. Thank you for sticking around. I've learned a lot from this TR, and hope to apply that knowledge in this years UNINTERRUPTED Trip Report. Yeah, I said it.

See you soon!

Way to work it :thumbsup2 and SOON!

D23....I may need to do that. DVC is going to get a "free" membership that sounds lame so I may just pony up instead of waiting. Great TR and I love all the top lists from everyone.

YAY! :yay: Going back it a great thing! So glad I stuck around for the end. Thank you for such a great trip report. Can't wait till the next one!

Great TR and ending! Great you are going back, and like others have said, congrats on reaching the KTTW card limit. With FP+, This may be the last time your able to!

Another great report! Can't wait for your unannounced trip to surface on the boards in the coming months.

as your kids get a mite older. you do realize you're just one state over from Cedar Point? the coaster capitol of the world? (nebo loves coasters, me not so much... )

as far as epcot resorts go, don't forget about the swan or dolphin. they often have discounts, can eventhough you can't get the DDP. you do get the extra magic hours.
we stayed at the Dolphin, and their Grotto pool was very nice! and we walked to epcot.

thanks for sahring your trip with us!!!

I don't want to know when you are going. I want to know who you are flying. Are you actually going to drive to the Philadelphia airport?

Anyway - I'm glad you're going back because soon you won't be able to take your kids out of school and then you will be forced to go in the summer or during a school break. So enjoy!

Jon!

I just noticed you updated/finished your trip report. I thought you'd never be back......that you left for life on the road with Iron Maiden.

Chick-Fil-A. Closed on Sundays. Yep. I didn't know that til one Sunday last summer when I pulled up to the drive-thru and proceeded to call out "hello?" ... "hello??" ... "hello!" ... when no one came on the speaker to take my order. So, I parked my car (uh huh, only one in the lot...Nancy Drew I am not) and proceeded to the entrance only to hear someone shout from the Applebee's parking lot next door "THEY'RE CLOSED ON SUNDAYS!". :blush:

So, you & the gang are heading back to WDW this year. Cool! We are too....in October for our usual MNSSHP and F&WF trip. My Emily will turn 16 this August and start her junior year of high school. We are trying to get in as many WDW trips with her as we can before she's off to college and the real world. :worried:

Thanks for writing another trip report - it was a blast to read.

Happy Planning!

Debbie

Thank you for the excellent trip report(s)! (I read your other ones, too!) Your commentary is hysterical and I appreciate your honest take on things.

I'm now super excited to stay at CSR after seeing all your great pictures and positive comments! Please feel free to say "hi" if our trip dates overlap - we'll be there the last week of May. I look forward to your next report! :banana:

You really think you can do it all in one go for the next trip report? Sign me up!

Probably not! Can I please sign you up anyway?

I may just make some ADRs just in case... I'd not be surprised, if a week before we would be going for DS to say 'aren't we going to WDW?' Now to just decide where to stay...

Pre-emptive ADRs? I love it!

Great ending to a great trip report! We finally get the payoff to all the suspense. Thanks for sharing. I, for one, am looking forward to the next report! :)

Me too, since that means another trip! Of course, it'll mean that another trip is over, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Great trip report...even if it was interrupted for a bit.

I had an update ready to post that whole time, too. Real lazy...gotta knock that off!

Thanks so much for sharing your amazing TR!

You're welcome, and thanks to you!

Can't wait for more Dylan/Emily shenanigans this year. So glad you're going back.:goodvibes

The newest topic at dinner is Emily's impending first ride on Rock 'n Roller Coaster.

I was secretely hoping, with the comments about beaches, that you would be announcing a disney cruise vacation. I would love a humerous detailed Disney cruise trip report.

We've talked about it, but can't separate from the parks. It'll happen someday, though, I'm sure.

Oh well, I guess we'll just have to go ourselves...

Problem solved :)

HURRAH!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: Is it odd I am so invested in the vacation choices of a family who I have never met? :laughing:

No more odd than it is that I posted them assuming people would be interested!

D23....I may need to do that.

Just renewed the membership. The magazines alone are worth it. Not sure what else we get out of it, to be honest :)

YAY! :yay: Going back it a great thing! So glad I stuck around for the end. Thank you for such a great trip report. Can't wait till the next one!

Thanks! It's coming...eventually...

With FP+, This may be the last time your able to!

FP+ is a BIG question mark this time around. What is it? Will it destroy Disney forever? Depending on whom you ask, it most certainly will! Listen to the undermarketed chicken - the sky IS falling!

But I'maboveit.

Another great report! Can't wait for your unannounced trip to surface on the boards in the coming months.

I'm predicting a LeBron James-like announcement.

as your kids get a mite older. you do realize you're just one state over from Cedar Point? the coaster capitol of the world? (nebo loves coasters, me not so much... )

We've thought about it. Six Flag was fantastic, though, for the pure thrill ride aspect. Theming...not so much. It's like the anti-Disney, each great in their own way. But one clearly better than the other.

Swan and Dolphin sound interesting. My parents may have stayed at one once. We'll have to just walk around there sometime.

I don't want to know when you are going. I want to know who you are flying. Are you actually going to drive to the Philadelphia airport?

Delta flies from ABE to Atlanta, then to MCO. The flight down is really early, the flight back is really late. That could be a good thing, though.

Jon!

I just noticed you updated/finished your trip report. I thought you'd never be back......that you left for life on the road with Iron Maiden.

Chick-Fil-A. Closed on Sundays. Yep. I didn't know that til one Sunday last summer when I pulled up to the drive-thru and proceeded to call out "hello?" ... "hello??" ... "hello!" ... when no one came on the speaker to take my order. So, I parked my car (uh huh, only one in the lot...Nancy Drew I am not) and proceeded to the entrance only to hear someone shout from the Applebee's parking lot next door "THEY'RE CLOSED ON SUNDAYS!". :blush:

So, you & the gang are heading back to WDW this year. Cool! We are too....in October for our usual MNSSHP and F&WF trip. My Emily will turn 16 this August and start her junior year of high school. We are trying to get in as many WDW trips with her as we can before she's off to college and the real world. :worried:

Thanks for writing another trip report - it was a blast to read.

Happy Planning!

Debbie

Iron Maiden was in Tampa a week before our last trip. "Imagine"

I finally got to eat at CFA a few weeks ago. It was delicious, as always. As we sat there, Kristin pointed and said, "there's that guy you hate."

And there it was, a picture of the owner with the "we're closed on Sundays" message. Grrrrr...

And no, I don't hate him. Just his policy. I'll run the place on Sunday - just open!

I'm now super excited to stay at CSR after seeing all your great pictures and positive comments!

You should be - it's great! We're staying there again. We have to!

Yay for finishing the TR! I hope your next trip goes well!

It will! I mean, what could go wrong?

IMG_4950_zps9ce68956.jpg

OH NO!

To be continued in my next trip (or non-trip) report...

Yeah, you're going back!!

We're not going back this year. I am so so so sad. So I will look forward to your (uninterrupted--really??) trip report sometime after the, um, first half of the year. ;) Have a blast!!

ETA: ACK!!! What happened to Kristin??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter