I knew the new ships were bigger but.....

Wow is right - I can't believe the difference. I am booked the first cabin forward.

HOLY COW!!! I have been on the Dream twice and knew it was bigger but this is shocking to see. WOW!

The Dream and Fantasy are beautiful ships, but I prefer the size of the Magic and Wonder.

Wow! That is incredible to see them side by side like that. That walk from our cabin all the way forward to the drink station Aft is going to be much longer on the Dream and Fantasy!

Whoa. If I ever make it onto the Wonder or Magic, it's going to be weird being on such a smaller ship. I found the Dream to be just right--but then, she was my first Disney ship. I think the first cruise I ever went on back in 2003 was about the size of the Magic. Since then, I've been on the Mariner of the Seas and the Dream--both similar in size.

Whichever I make it on, I won't care, because I'll be back on a Disney cruise! :worship:

Woah! The Magic looks tiny! I've only been on the Wonder, but when your next to it, it looks gigantic! I can only imagine how huge the Dream and Fantasy must look in person.

Wow is right - I can't believe the difference. I am booked the first cabin forward.

We stayed all the way forward on the Dream (#8504) and it was not bad to get around....but we did walk from mid-ship to aft...that is one long walk!!!

My suggestion to anyone staying aft....don't walk down the passenger halls to get from one end of the ship to the other....you will go crazy and it will seem endless. Instead, go down or up to one of the public decks and it won't seem so long....trick of the mind but it works!!

MJ

Wow, now I'm already dreading the long walk back to my aft cabin on the Fantasy next January. :scared1:

HELPFUL HINT we learned on the Dream: If your cabin is aft, DO NOT take the elevator from the bow when reboarding in ports to your floor. It is an incredibly LONG walk down those hallways. We started taking the elevator to the atrium deck, then walking back to aft. That way you walk past the shops, the atrium, the restaurants and people -- and it gives you stuff to look at! ;)

[Edited to add: after posting then read the rest of the thread and saw that MJ basically posted the same suggestion above LOL]

We stayed all the way forward on the Dream (#8504) and it was not bad to get around....but we did walk from mid-ship to aft...that is one long walk!!!

My suggestion to anyone staying aft....don't walk down the passenger halls to get from one end of the ship to the other....you will go crazy and it will seem endless. Instead, go down or up to one of the public decks and it won't seem so long....trick of the mind but it works!!

MJ

The hallway of infinity I bet! :rotfl:

Ex Techie :)

it was a bit overwhelming standing on the 9th deck of magic in cozumel and staring at staterooms. Fantasy seems huge. heard many people saying they prefer the magic.

we kept hoping for an excursion tour. :)

kate

That’s crazy how small the Magic is to the Fantasy. I for one love the size of the new ships compared to the classics.

Wow! That is incredible to see them side by side like that. That walk from our cabin all the way forward to the drink station Aft is going to be much longer on the Dream and Fantasy!

The drink stations on the Disney Fantasy are closer to the mid ship elevators. They are next to the Donald and Mickey pool. The walk will not be that bad.

What a great picture! I didn't realize how much bigger the Fantasy really was than the Magic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter