I just sold some giftcards I had lying around for a year

disneynme

Mouseketeer
I received (2) $25 gift cards for a restaurant chain we don't go to. I got them for Christmas 2012 and they've been sitting in a drawer. I went to cardpool.com and they'll give me a $42 gift card to Amazon for them. That's much more useful to me!

Oh, or I could have gotten sent a $40 check for them. I'd rather have a little more for Amazon as I'll definitely use it.

That is great! I buy gift cards from these types of sites all the time. In fact, I bought Home Depot and Lowe's from cardcash.com today ;) I've never sold to them as I never receive gift cards to places I don't go to but glad to hear that they give you a decent amount and to a place like Amazon which is very useful.

And I bought Cheesecake Factory at 8% off !! Happy bday to me next month!

I have Massage Envy gift cards I need to get rid of, but none of the resale places take them :(

I used Cardpool via a recommendation on here to sell a Nike.com gc. And did good. Got like $20 in amazon credits for a $25 gc. But I have a Talbots gc with $58 on it and my offer was only $29.40. Cardcash's offer is a little better at $36.69 for Amazon credit. I'm holding on to the Talbots one. I may be able to find something for my daughter soon as she is transitioning into ladies clothes.

Thanks for the recommendation!

Off-topic:

Be sure you read the back side of any gift card. Sometimes they're good for restaurants other than the one pictured on the front of the card.

I purchased an electronic gift card from Cardpool yesterday, my first time using that site. I was supposed to receive an email with the gift card number within 24 hours. I just got a call from Cardpool wanting to verify some info. She asked me to verify my address, a cross street to my house (not sure why they need that), and also wanted the phone number off the back of my credit card. It seemed rather strange to me. Should I be worried?

Off-topic:

Be sure you read the back side of any gift card. Sometimes they're good for restaurants other than the one pictured on the front of the card.

Great reminder!!! I almost gave a GC away once until I looked at the back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter