I just placed my Garden Grocer order

Aliceacc

DIS Veteran
I ordered bananas and cantelope, an assortment dry cereal, muffins and poptarts, some juice boxes (in leiu of morning juice for my son),lots of water, a half gallon of milk and some park muchies- raisins, breadstix & cheese, and Fruit by the foot. The subtotal was $56 and change.

We're on the DDP, but this way we can get an early start in the parks and the kids can use those snack credits on ice cream in the afternoons... my kids LOVE ice cream :)

Our flight gets in at 9:30ish am, so I got an 8-10 am delivery slot.

Cross another thing off my To Do list:thumbsup2

its a good idea with the breakfast thing. with our 4 kids, it was so much easier to throw pop tarts at them while we got dressed, than to have to get everyone dressed, wait in line for food, and then go to the parks..

Yeah, I think so. And t'm much happier not paying park prices for water in August!!

Okay- I've heard garden grocer mentioned a lot, but how does it work? Do you order online? Does the resort hold it for you if it arrives before you do? It sounds like something I would be interested in. Thanks!

They have an immense shopping list, organized in categories (beverages, breakfast...)

You choose from their shopping list and place your order online.

There is a delivery charge; I think it's $12 if your order is under $100. (It is specified on the site somewhere.) There's also a line for tip if you choose to leave one.

You let them know where you'll be staying and when you want delivery (2 hour windows.) Bell services will hold on to your groceries (and refrigerate what needs it) until you arrive.

Delivery charge, tax and tip added $20 on to my order, for a total of $76. I figure that's breakfast for 5 for 6 days, along with water (in AUGUST) and snacks for the parks.

We used Garden Grocer last year and they were fantastic. We plan to use them again!

I placed our order about a week ago for our trip at the end of the month especially since we are traveling wiht an infant. Just easier to have the food for him delivered along with some water for me

I placed our order about a week ago for our trip at the end of the month especially since we are traveling wiht an infant. Just easier to have the food for him delivered along with some water for me

We ordered last year with our young DS too. Did you order diapers? It saves a lot of luggage space:)

We used them last October, and I am seriously considering using them this October even though we are driving. It seems so much easier than stopping at a grocery store in Orlando!!

We used them for our recent trip and it was wonderful....we will do this everytime!! All of our groceries with the exception of milk (they were keeping it cold) was delivered to our room shortly after it arrived at the hotel.

How much notice do you need to give them before your trip?

I am arriving at 11:20 am so what time should I ask for delivery? I am considering doing this instead of packing snacks, sounds so much easier.:thumbsup2

Is this a national chain/service? We will be in San Antonio in a few weeks and I want to have this service for our hotel. DD13 is a diabetic and I will need food items in our room and I really don't want to pay the hotel rates :scared:

Or if anyone in the San Antonio area knows of a grocery delivery service, I would appreciate it. Google turns up nothing!

I am arriving at 11:20 am so what time should I ask for delivery? I am considering doing this instead of packing snacks, sounds so much easier.:thumbsup2

The earlier you place your order the better as delivery spots fill up quickly in the summer and during peak times like free dining. You can always add stuff as your trip gets closer.

Okay- I've heard garden grocer mentioned a lot, but how does it work? Do you order online? Does the resort hold it for you if it arrives before you do? It sounds like something I would be interested in. Thanks!

They are awesome! You place your order online and can pay in advance or C.O.D (must be in room at time of delivery to pay cash/check). They will leave the order at the bell desk if you aren't in your room (they will keep perishables cold for you).

They are also VERY helpful if there is something you want but don't see on their website, i.e. alcohol :lmao: !

Just buying water/soda/sport drinks saves a ton of $$ over buying in the parks. Plus I like Diet Pepsi and you can't get that in the parks.

We are arriving at the same time. We are flying Southwest. I am debating between Garden Grocer or wegoshop. I'm not too worried about the items arriving early, since the cold stuff will be refrigerated.

OK, I have my order ready to place, but now I wanted to know how much of a tip should you give the driver? My order is $48 and not sure what would be fair. Also, can you add to your order once it is placed, just incase I want to add something. Or can you cancel some item or the entire order? Just incase.

OK, I have my order ready to place, but now I wanted to know how much of a tip should you give the driver? My order is $48 and not sure what would be fair. Also, can you add to your order once it is placed, just incase I want to add something. Or can you cancel some item or the entire order? Just incase.

Personally I would tip $3 or $4 dollars.

Yes, you can alter your order prior to arrival by phoning gardengrocer. I am not sure what their cancellation policy is.

We're staying offsite in a villa with a kitchen. I plan to do breakfasts and lunches in the room each (and a dinner or two). I would LOVE to not have to do any grocery shopping!!

We arrive at 4:30pm. If I placed an order for a week's worth of food, could they deliver it to our room even if we're not in the room at delivery time? I don't want to have to sit in the room and wait for the groceries when we could be at the pool, kwim?

Would the hotel staff accept the food and place it in our room? Would they put the fridge/freezer stuff away?

Has anyone used Cosco? I heard they deliver too and you don't have to be a member? I plan on using some kind of delivery service when we go the end of August, but just not sure who to use.

Shannon

I am very interested also. I am leaning towards Netgrocer b/c they have the specific muffins my children must have as soon as they wake up. I'm not looking for cold stuff, just water and snacks. Also, I still want to get the refillable mugs. If you buy drinks and water, does anyone still buy the mugs?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter