I just need to vent...

MODisFan

Mouseketeer
I found out tonight that I am losing my job tomorrow! It totally came out of the blue - I feel so caught off guard. The worst part? This is the second time in a year that it has happened. I just want to cry!!

We have a trip planned to WDW next week and have decided to still go. Everything but food is paid for. We'll have to minimize on trinkets. However, I NEED to be in my happy place.

These boards are always so warm and welcoming. Thank you for letting me vent. ~Elizabeth

I'm so sorry this is happening to you.
Glad you are still going on your trip, especially since all but food is paid for.
Trinkets....who needs 'em! You will be in your happy place and be enjoying yourself for a few days.

So sorry, Elizabeth ~ Sending loads of pixie dust that you'll find an even better job when you return from WDW! :goodvibes

So sorry! That is such a hard thing to go through and then to do it twice in a year...ugghh. Go and decompress at WDW and come back with renewed energy and a fresh perspective so you can head in to finding something even better.

I am so sorry this is happing! :grouphug: Good Luck with the job hunt when you get back from WDW. Have a a great trip! :goodvibes

Sorry to hear about that. Enjoy your trip and I hope it works out for. I have only lost one job in life but it ended up turning into a huge blessing in the end and lead to my current career. I hope a similar thing happens for you.

I have been there before.

I heard a story on the news this week that it really can be good to lose your job. The same amount of work is going to get done back at the office but by fewer people, and the stress level for them continues to climb because there are fewer people to do the work.

You have a golden chance to take some time and think about what you really want, and what your priorities are. And then make magic in your own life.

Now that's a very optimistic approach, and it can be hard to remember that when the bills start piling up.

It has been said:
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

Best wishes! Keep your chin up!

So sorry this has happened to you. Enjoy your trip, use it as a time to refocus helping you when you come back to refocus on your dreams.

Elizabeth, I am so sorry. I have found when I lost a job the next one was even better. Have a great time at WDW.

I am sorry about the job loss. It is indeed a loss that needs to be mourned, then you go on with the job hunt. In the meantime, enjoy your WDW trip. Life will still go on when you get back.

I'm sorry you lost your job, I know you are worried about it. I have one rule for you while you are at Disney: I know you have to think about what to do next, but allow yourself at least a day or two not to let it enter your mind. You can't do anything about it while you are there, and you can't get your trip back once it's over.

We are going the 13th - No trinkets for us either just because we don't want to waste money. My daughter is bringing her stuffed animal she bought there last time . . . anything else just ends up on the floor of her closet when we get home.

I understand the feelings... I was let go 2 weeks befor christmas... Have a good time and put it out of your mind while you are away. Be with your family, not your worries. This is what I kept telling myself.;)

I don't know what to say except for that I'm sooo sorry for this happening to you!! I don't know what it is that you do, but you never know--a certain Mouse may need you......:rolleyes1

But, on the more serious side, I deal with on a daily basis...people losing their homes/jobs. You'd be surprised how many people tell me that they're glad it happened because they can go back to school, go after the career they really wanted to do, work on the house, be more of a parent, and the list goes on and on and on.

So...I'm sending you lots and lots of pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:in hopes that you find your dream when you get back. Bring some of that Magic back with you and the possibilites are endless...especially when the Mouse is involved!!!:hug::wizard:;)

Elizabeth, I am so sorry about your job. I am from St. Louis also and will be at WDW on 9/13. Keep up your spirits. Things will get better. Pixie dust from everyone in St. Louiis so you have a nice trip.

John

:grouphug:

I am so sorry to hear about your job. I'm another one who has been there - I returned from Mousefest last year to a voicemail that I was being laid off. Right before Christmas, too.

Go to Disney, enjoy your trip, and leave the worrying at home until after your trip.

Totally feel what you are going thru. When we went to WDW last Oct, my DH had a strong inkling that there would be layoffs and that he might be on the list this time. He didn't tell me any of his suspicions. He got laid off 1 month later.

I agree about trying to set it aside for a few days while at WDW. There's nothing you can do to change it. You have time to think, plan, and strategize when you get back home.:grouphug:

I am so sorry you got this bad news, but I'm glad you've decided to go on your trip. Try to leave it all behind when you're at Disney and really enjoy your trip. I'm sure something better will come along for you when you return. Hang in there.

I lost my job last December! I'm not sure what's worse... getting it twice in one year or getting it after 20 years of service to the same company. And, I didn't see it coming.

Lots of people in the same boat, so try not to let it get you down. Things will start to get better in 2010. I'll keep a good thought that you and I are employed again by that time!!

Sam :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter