• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I just got a pin code for free dining!

I signed up for a DVD planning video and still haven't received it.

The PIN's that I have received have come by e-mail.

Nobody knows for sure how you get them. You could try pricing out some trips online (make sure you are logged in), order some free park maps, order the DVD planning video.

I think for value resorts if free dining is offered it will be for counter service dining BUT you can upgrade to basic and pay the difference.

I am hoping for free dining for our trip at the end of October/beginning of November. Got the pin last year and couldnt use it (we stayed off-site...never again!!!)

I got same code and have 2 rooms booked at POP based on free dining. What is the price difference to upgrade per person?

OK, so since we usually stay value, this is the PIN I got....

Enjoy the Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan, FREE* when you purchase a 5-night/5-day, non-discounted Walt Disney Travel Company vacation package that includes accommodations at select Disney Resorts, plus Theme Park tickets!
Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan details

That's a savings of $529
for a family of four, based on 2 adults, 1 junior and 1 child.

For stays most nights 8/15/10-10/2/10.

Oh well, don't think we are headed down again this fall, but it's fun to dream!

I just got this pin as well but we've never stayed at the value resorts. We usually stay at the Poly so I don't know why I didn't get the other pin. Oh well, we weren't planning a trip in the fall anyway.

I got the code for free dining at a moderate or deluxe. I notice it only includes 1 snack per day.
I thought the regular plan included 2 snacks.
Now we don't get appatizers, we have to pay tips, and we only get 1 snack.
Not worth upgrading to a moderate resort in my opinion.

Here is the email i got, it looks like i could do either value with quick service or moderate/deluxe with regular dining?

Get Free Dining!
Choose the deal that's right for you:
Enjoy the Disney Dining Plan, FREE*
when you purchase a 5-night/5-day, non-discounted Walt Disney Travel Company vacation package that includes accommodations at select Disney Moderate Resorts, select Disney Deluxe Resorts or select Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts, plus Theme Park tickets!
Disney Dining Plan details

That’s a savings of $689
for a family of four, based on 2 adults, 1 junior and 1 child.

Enjoy the Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan, FREE*
when you purchase a 5-night/5-day, non-discounted Walt Disney Travel Company vacation package that includes accommodations at select Disney Value Resorts, plus Theme Park tickets!
Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan details

That’s a savings of $529
for a family of four, based on 2 adults, 1 junior and 1 child

I got same code and have 2 rooms booked at POP based on free dining. What is the price difference to upgrade per person?

$10.00 per person per day. So, for a family of 4 staying for 8 nights/9days, it would be $320.00. Well worth it in my opinion.

Hope that helps!!

$10.00 per person per day. So, for a family of 4 staying for 8 nights/9days, it would be $320.00. Well worth it in my opinion.

Hope that helps!!

Ok we have 6 so thats 60 a day for 6 days = 360! I could still never feed 6 "adults" in WDW for that so it is good enough! Would have been nice to have got it free though, since I have 2 room it is more the a moderate!:headache:

I got the code for free dining at a moderate or deluxe. I notice it only includes 1 snack per day.
I thought the regular plan included 2 snacks.

No, the standard plan has been 1 Counter, 1 Sit Down, and 1 Snack for at least the last three years. Per person, per day... natch. :thumbsup2

Does your arrival date have to be on 8/15 or later to qualify for the PIN or could the 15th be the second to last day of the trip?

Bummer, I want the free dining pin but got the 30% off instead.... Off to run the numbers... Or not... good thru 8/14, we usually go the last week in Aug or the 1st 2 in Sept... No deal for me today.

I just got an email with a pin code for free dining from 8/15/10 through 10/2/10!!! I think I may have to start planning something for the fall!!!:banana:

I am so happy for you!!! I got one too, but mine was just for free park hopper and waterpark and more. We were planning on 2010 anyhow, but if we were, I would just hold out for free dining!!!

So is this pretty much indicative of how all free dining will be this fall? In other words, will value resort guests only get the quick service plan free for free dining when it's announced? Or will it be the regular dining plan like it has been in the past?

I think so - because we've stayed at both and our offer incluided BOTH. :goodvibes (The 'quick service' deal for the values AND the 'regular' plan for the mods/deluxe.) Ahhh...more planning to do!

The PIN I got was a few weeks ago for 30%, off Value, 35% off Mod and 40% off Delux.......until the begining of summer.............too bad we are going in Sept!

I got the 30% off mod one a few weeks ago. Holding out for free dining before I schedule our trip in September. My MIL is going and has never been to Disney. We want her to experience all the restaurants, and know we won't if we have to pay OOP.

Ok we have 6 so thats 60 a day for 6 days = 360! I could still never feed 6 "adults" in WDW for that so it is good enough! Would have been nice to have got it free though, since I have 2 room it is more the a moderate!:headache:

It is about $10 per person ages 10+ per day, and about $2 per child ages 3-9 per day. My family only has one child under 9 now, and FIVE people over age 9. So for us, $52/day to upgrade ($260 for our 5 nights). I don't think we'll do it. That $260 is, essentially, the gas money we will use to drive down to WDW. Plus I KNOW we will still buy the refillable mugs ($13x6 people) So we'd actually pay $338 more than we are for the 2 Pop rooms x 5 nights with free QS DP. If we do our ONE must-do TS (tradition. Character breakfast on day we drive home), it'll be about $130 after tip.

If this trip were a couple of yrs ago, when my middle 2 were still under 10, it would only be $36/day to upgrade so we'd do it.

I received the free dining code also. Does anyone know if it's only for ME to use?

When I have received codes in the past it has always said for the "xxx family".

Just wondering if I can give the number to my sister in law who is planning a fall trip.

If she uses the code when she goes to book, will it come up with my name on it?

Just wondering why this code didn't say my family name on it.

Thanks for any info.

I received the free dining code also. Does anyone know if it's only for ME to use?

When I have received codes in the past it has always said for the "xxx family".

Just wondering if I can give the number to my sister in law who is planning a fall trip.

If she uses the code when she goes to book, will it come up with my name on it?

Just wondering why this code didn't say my family name on it.

Thanks for any info.

Pins are non-transferable. I am grateful we were able to book bounce-back. I have never received a pin and we got regular dining plan free at the Pop. Congrats to all who got the pins. I am wondering :confused3 if they will be not offering this to the public, only with pins this year?

The pin free dining only, no general public offering, question is a good one. Alot of people seem to be getting pins. These pin discounts however, seem to be quite varied. Glad we did free dining bounceback at All Stars. I am looking for a general public room only discount code for August. I'll just have to wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter