• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I just got a pin code for free dining!

hinodis

DIS Veteran
I just got an email with a pin code for free dining from 8/15/10 through 10/2/10!!! I think I may have to start planning something for the fall!!!:banana:

I just got one for a $500 GC with 5 nights/ 5 day stay at select deluxe resorts, or 30% off stay at select resorts. Both good from 5/2/10 to 8/14/10. I would much rather have free dining, I think I could persuade dh to go again if I did.

really? was it for Quick Service Dining Plan at the Values and regular Dining Plan at the Moderate/Deluxes?

I got the $500 GC offer and the 30% off offer. I don't think I'll be using it though, as we are planning on going back in December. Hopefully I'll get one when I really need one!

It is the regular dining plan at mods and deluxe. DH and I LOVED free dining when we went a couple of years ago. I think we need to go back. I also got the one for the GC and the 30% off, but the free dining really caught my eye.

Shoot I need the may through august one! I got the one that expires in May! Maybe I should call and see if I have a pin? A girl can dream can't she.

here is the email:

Get FREE* Dining
Enjoy the Disney Dining Plan, FREE* when you purchase a 5-night/5-day, non-discounted Walt Disney Travel Company vacation package that includes accommodations at select Disney Moderate Resorts, select Disney Deluxe Resorts or select Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts, plus Theme Park tickets!
Disney Dining Plan details

That’s a savings of $689
for a family of four, based on 2 adults, 1 junior and 1 child.

For stays most nights 8/15/10–10/2/10.

OK, so since we usually stay value, this is the PIN I got....

Enjoy the Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan, FREE* when you purchase a 5-night/5-day, non-discounted Walt Disney Travel Company vacation package that includes accommodations at select Disney Resorts, plus Theme Park tickets!
Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan details

That's a savings of $529
for a family of four, based on 2 adults, 1 junior and 1 child.

For stays most nights 8/15/10-10/2/10.

Oh well, don't think we are headed down again this fall, but it's fun to dream!

I got the PIN for free dining too; however, I can't use it because we're planning a Christmas trip. We have always gone during the fall but wanted to try a Christmas trip this year for the first time. I really hope they do offer some type of discount during our week.

So is this pretty much indicative of how all free dining will be this fall? In other words, will value resort guests only get the quick service plan free for free dining when it's announced? Or will it be the regular dining plan like it has been in the past?

So is this pretty much indicative of how all free dining will be this fall? In other words, will value resort guests only get the quick service plan free for free dining when it's announced? Or will it be the regular dining plan like it has been in the past?

I think for value resorts if free dining is offered it will be for counter service dining BUT you can upgrade to basic and pay the difference.

I am hoping for free dining for our trip at the end of October/beginning of November. Got the pin last year and couldnt use it (we stayed off-site...never again!!!)

Ok, I am new to all of this so I have a question...

What is a pin and how do you get them?

Thanks for bearing with me :yay:

Hi; I'm a bit new too...welcome. A pin is a "code" that you get randomly for some type of discount. (no one can figure out what drives them with the exception of maybe signing up for a free vacation planning DVD). The pin can be for many things like room discount, free dining,etc. but is basically a discount on your trip. You can receive them via snail mail or e-mail. Read on as I'm sure some disboard vets can expand who have greater knowledge on it.

Ok, I am new to all of this so I have a question...

What is a pin and how do you get them?

Thanks for bearing with me :yay:

A pin is something that Disney sends out for different promos. Nobody knows how you get them you just sign up for everything disney. Go on wdw and sign up for emails and even the dvd!

I normally get my pins from disney destinations

I just got free dining pin, not sure I can use it though, as we are doing disney cruise in Nov!

Hmmm, I've done all of that. I haven't seen anything come through the mail. In fact I just got the cruise dvd yesterday, but didn't see a pin code. Do they come attached to something, or in letter form?

Thanks so very much for your help :worship:

OP here. I have not ordered a DVD or registered for anything or looked at the web site in probably over a year. I visited last November and stayed at CSR. I have been getting codes on a regular basis for the last several months. I think they want me to come back. It is random on who gets the pin codes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter