I just don't understand

I believe the news story said the maximum sentence she could face was three years. I do not think that even comes close to what she should face for the pain and heartbreak she has caused this poor family. It isn't enough that they must have gone through torment 17 years ago, and probably a day doesn't go by in their lives where they don't think about what-may-have-been, and now for this woman to get their hopes up and then crush them yet again is just disgusting.

This is truly terrible.

And yet it seems to happen a lot in these cases :(

So sad for that poor family.

- Gaspode

Its just a sad reminder as to what kind of people are lurking around out there. What a heartbreaking photo of the parents.

this is not far from where I live, so I remember when it first happened 17 years ago. It was one of the saddest stories because I had a son close to her in age and I had been by where she was taken from. every few years they will do a follow-up of the story on the local news. I wanted this to be the little girl so very much. It just breaks my heart what these poor people have gone through all these years. what sick mind would ever think of doing something like this to a family that has suffered so much these past years. Everytime I pass the station that her father works I would think about her, now ...... its just so sad

How awful! I pray that I never have to go through what that family is dealing with, but to have hopes raised and then crushed is horrible! That woman could not possibly get what she deserves for damaging that family:mad: :mad: :mad:

This is so horrible.

My son died 17 years ago. I remember my Mom telling me to be thankful that I KNEW where he was because it would've been so much worse if he were missing. I had to agree with her. The thought that a child is somewhere and you cannot protect her is just unbearable.

The fact that someone would use this to bring those poor grieving parents up just to let them down is just despicable.

i truly cannot understand the sadistic cruelty of some people. I feel horrible for this family. I can't begin to imagine the pain they have experienced all these years not knowing what happened to their daughter and now this. I can only hope the national attention to this will compel someone to come forward with truthful information about what happened to their daughter.

This is beyond cruel. You really have to wonder how warped someone has to be to do this to another human being.

That is just sick and cruel. :(
That poor family, my heart goes out to them.
CC

That is just sick and cruel

I'd say that about sums it up. Unbelievable.:mad: That poor family probably feels like they've lost her all over again. I don't think I'll turn on the news.:(

There is nothing good in this story. It's all just very sad:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter