I just don't understand. someone please help me

drakethib

DIS Veteran
There are more people griping about the price of the upcoming Project X app that will have an extensive amount of useful info on it with free upgrades for life then having to pay $8 bucks for a crappy, nasty tasting hamburger without fries or drink @ WDW or almost $20 bucks a day for a stroller rental, $14 bucks for parking, or $150 for a Photo CD.

What is wrong with this picture? :confused3

I'm excited about the app. I will use it on my Touch. The GPS and all that with the phone sounds fantastic!

There are more people griping about the price of the upcoming Project X app that will have an extensive amount of useful info on it with free upgrades for life then having to pay $8 bucks for a crappy, nasty tasting hamburger without fries or drink @ WDW or almost $20 bucks a day for a stroller rental, $14 bucks for parking, or $150 for a Photo CD.

What is wrong with this picture? :confused3

Because people have been conditioned to the 99 cents or free apps, anything more than a dollar is astronomical.

They should have priced the app at 99 cents and included a small ad on each screen. They would have made more money that way and Steve Jobs would not be getting 30% of each download.

Welcome to the world of downloading stolen music then complain when they have to pay for it.

Because people have been conditioned to the 99 cents or free apps, anything more than a dollar is astronomical.

They could have priced the app at 99 cents and included a small ad on each screen. They would have made more money that way but choose not to.

Welcome to the world of downloading stolen music then complain when they have to pay for it.

I am not conditioned to the 99 cent app. I purchase apps that are more than 99 cents...often...I would personally rather pay a wee bit more than to have to deal with an ad on the screen every time I open the danged thing. That's why I pay more for things...NO ADS...

Just my opinion of course...but something tells me that even if this app was free, you would still find something to complain about...you would complain because of the ads that were placed there so that they could give you the app for free... :rolleyes:

I am not conditioned to the 99 cent app. I purchase apps that are more than 99 cents...often...I would personally rather pay a wee bit more than to have to deal with an ad on the screen every time I open the danged thing. That's why I pay more for things...NO ADS...

Just my opinion of course...but something tells me that even if this app was free, you would still find something to complain about...you would complain because of the ads that were placed there so that they could give you the app for free... :rolleyes:

I do not have an iDon't phone so it does not matter to me.

But I would like to know if the app will be ported to:
Blackberry
HTC
Andriod
Zune HD

Most of these have GPS and web browsers in the devices, plus you don't have to deal with apple and the itunes process and 30% tariff on each download. There are a ton of these devices in use, are you just going to ignore the people who use these devices?

Not trying to be mean, just asking.

They should have priced the app at 99 cents and included a small ad on each screen. They would have made more money that way and Steve Jobs would not be getting 30% of each download.

1. The days of all apps for 99 cents are gone.

2. I have paid up to $40 bucks or and app and had no issue as I would be using it.

3. Why include ads? you are only limited to so much room on the screen.

4. I would rather pay 5.99 for an "all in" app then 99 cents for a bunch of small apps that I would need to do one job.

5. Easy fix, if people don't like the price, don't buy it.

Blackberry
HTC
Andriod
Zune HD

Most of these have GPS and web browsers in the devices, plus you don't have to deal with apple and the itunes process and 30% tariff on each download. There are a ton of these devices in use, are you just going to ignore the people who use these devices?

That was not the intent of your post. If it doesn't matter to you, then why do you keep addressing the issue? You've been on two to three other threads discussing the same thing. Usually, when I don't like something or don't use the product being discussed, I ignore it.

I'm an Apple girl...I use an iPhone...I use iTunes...and I am even typing this post on my Macbook. Do you see me bashing Microsoft? I personally find it tacky to bash on other products.

And I'm not saying that they plan to ignore the users of other devices. But keep in mind...the podcast team USES IPHONES. I'm sure that if they used another kind of phone that had this same ability, they would do something with that.

Geesh...give them time. This is the first time out there in app land. Maybe if this app is successful, they'll do more for other devices.

Yanno, when kids come into my office complaining that some other kid is bugging them, I tell them the same thing......

He is taking power from you, he WANTS you to react. If you don't, then he will go away.

I find (WDWOWNER) that you enjoy the stirring of the pot, regardless of a vested interest.

If you had some ownership in this (i.e. you OWNED an iPhone) then I could understand but if you don't, nor do you care, why do you continue to poke at it?

WHy even comment about the price of an app if YOU DON'T BUY THEM?

Help me understand........

p.s. Steve Jobs should get credit and an interest in what he created!

3. Why include ads? you are only limited to so much room on the screen.

Why include ads on the message boards or blogs or wdwinfo.com pages? Web pages have limited room too.

So that there CAN be message boards or blogs or wdwinfo.com pages. Servers and bandwidth cost money.

19251375_174898ee68.jpg

WHy even comment about the price of an app if YOU DON'T BUY THEM?

Help me understand........

I do buy apps, for my Blackberry. But those apps are not just duplicate web pages in a different format.

You can always ignore my posts if you want to. The question about porting to other devices was meant for the DIS owners. There is no way you could really answer it in the first place.

Sorry if I offended you or anyone else.

Blackberry
HTC
Andriod
Zune HD

I'm sure they didn't just say "oh we're going to make an iPhone app because we have iPhones". Except perhaps for Blackberry, the user bases probably aren't big enough to justify it. Especially Android and Zune HD; HTC phones are mostly Windows Mobile, so you might have a good sized user base there, but Windows Mobile is somewhat tricky because it's on so many different phones.

The business reasons for developing an app for iPhone/iPod touch are there when in other cases, it's not as clear. Maybe it's easy to port from iPhone to other platforms; I don't really know as I've not done any such work. What I do know is that if I were developing a mobile application today, I would develop it for the iPhone first and worry about the rest later. It's not a personal slight against anyone who doesn't have one (which some people are taking it as); it makes the most business sense.

I do buy apps, for my Blackberry. But those apps are not just duplicate web pages in a different format.

You can always ignore my posts if you want to. The question about porting to other devices was meant for the DIS owners. There is no way you could really answer it in the first place.

You have made negative assumptions about something you have not even seen yet.

I pulled this quote from another thread.

Just another app that duplicates a web site and web pages that can be accessed with a browser.

After that quote and what you have said here....I cant believed you are surprised by the reaction people are having to you.

Would you be happy if I went to the kidney donor website and made inaccurate and negative assumptions about why people shouldnt donate a kidney?

You seem to have a problem with pretty much everything we say and do. I truly dont understand what you get out of this.

I wish you all the best but I am going to take your advice and ignore your future posts.

I dont have time for the negativity.

What I do know is that if I were developing a mobile application today, I would develop it for the iPhone first and worry about the rest later. It's not a personal slight against anyone who doesn't have one (which some people are taking it as); it makes the most business sense.

Business sense, I don't know. It seems like it is more the 'flavor of the minute' response. There are many more millions of Windows Mobile phones that are out there compared to the iphone. That makes more business sense to me, especially not having to deal with a middle company for distribution. Isn't that the reason the Disney Company has it's own distribution company for their films?

You have made negative assumptions about something you have not even seen yet.

I pulled this quote from another thread.

After that quote and what you have said here....I cant believed you are surprised by the reaction people are having to you.

Would you be happy if I went to the kidney donor website and made inaccurate and negative assumptions about why people shouldnt donate a kidney?

You seem to have a problem with pretty much everything we say and do. I truly dont understand what you get out of this.

I wish you all the best but I am going to take your advice and ignore your future posts.

I dont have time for the negativity.

Kevin, I guess I goofed up. What I should have done is start a new thread and ask a simple question of the DIS owners if/when is the app going to be ported to the other platforms. Nothing more, nothing less.

Sorry if I offended you or anyone else with what I wrote.

I have to backstep a bit. In a previous post I said that I enjoy reading your opinion and sometimes I even agree with it. I would like to take that statement back.

And, two, I'm pretty sure that if you asked the DIS owners for a plastic grocery sack they're gonna turn you away.

I'm sure you are a very nice person. I'm sure you have a lot of great things to add to this board. Maybe you need to start over with a new name and come back and say good things about the DIS.

Business sense, I don't know. It seems like it is more the 'flavor of the minute' response. There are many more millions of Windows Mobile phones that are out there compared to the iphone. That makes more business sense to me, especially not having to deal with a middle company for distribution. Isn't that the reason the Disney Company has it's own distribution company for their films?
Who cares if it's the flavor of the minute? If you were an Apple user, you would be having the exact same reaction to this if they had chosen to release the app on another kind of phone.

And I certainly don't see the iPhone as the flavor of the minute. I've had the first generation phone since it's release. It's a pretty popular device and it's now been around for several years.

I don't understand why you keep coming here. I really don't. You never have anything positive to say about anyone affiliated with the podcast or about their business choices. While I don't agree with every little thing they say or do, I don't relish in the negativity and post about it over and over and over again. There are better ways to ask your questions than how you've addressed them here on this forum. If you don't like it...then leave. Makes perfect sense to me...

I'm done...I've said my peace. Folks...the ignore button is a beautiful thing. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter